PDA

View Full Version : Stoops Press Conference

Sooner-N-KS
8/29/2006, 12:45 PM
I was listening to the press conference online while I was working. Coach sounded pretty confident, but not over-confident.

Toward the end he was mentioning a running game that would include some different backfields, 1 back, 2 back, and a 3 back that is kind of like a wishbone. My question is, was he talking about us or UAB? I wasn't paying close attention for a minute while I was working, then all of a sudden he was mentioning wishbone.

It sounded exciting if he was talking about our offense.

Taxman71
8/29/2006, 12:49 PM
I got excited when he kept telling the local yokel media guys how stupid their questions were. Obviously, they all walk very softly around Stoops and then act tough on the radio/tv.

stonecoldsoonerfan
8/29/2006, 12:53 PM
I got excited when he kept telling the local yokel media guys how stupid their questions were. Obviously, they all walk very softly around Stoops and then act tough on the radio/tv.

couldn't be more true.:hot:

sooneron
8/29/2006, 12:55 PM
I have heard rumblings of a dabble or two in the wishbone.

msteudem
8/29/2006, 12:58 PM
I was listening to the press conference online while I was working. Coach sounded pretty confident, but not over-confident.

Toward the end he was mentioning a running game that would include some different backfields, 1 back, 2 back, and a 3 back that is kind of like a wishbone. My question is, was he talking about us or UAB? I wasn't paying close attention for a minute while I was working, then all of a sudden he was mentioning wishbone.

It sounded exciting if he was talking about our offense.

He was talking about UAB's offense. They use multiple backs and formations that are similiar to the wishbone.

bstuff1979
8/29/2006, 01:30 PM
He was talking about UAB's offense. They use multiple backs and formations that are similiar to the wishbone.

Flexbone/inverted wishbone. The wingbacks line up outside the tackles and slightly behind with the fullback lining up where the tailback would be. To put it bluntly, a good deal of high school teams use it in addition to Air Force (not sure if they still do). If you've got DE's, and OU has a few, it's hard for the offense to move the ball.

r5TPsooner
8/29/2006, 01:50 PM
Speaking of Bob Stoops, is his coach's show still televised on Fox SW?

Sooner-N-KS
8/29/2006, 01:55 PM

Thanks....I had a feeling that was the case.

David Earl
8/29/2006, 02:12 PM
Speaking of Bob Stoops, is his coach's show still televised on Fox SW?

Hadn't heard yet, but good question. Anybody?

ultimatesooner1
8/29/2006, 03:04 PM
Switzer came back from Cabo early for a reason