PDA

View Full Version : Do You Enjoy Tailgating??

SoonerInKCMO
8/29/2006, 12:02 PM
So, I'm over on this other board I frequent that isn't sports related at all. In fact, many of the posters seem to be anti-sport of any kind. One of the guys on the board just started a new job in administration at The University of Tennessee and he has tickets for this Saturday's Vols-Cal Bears game. Also going on this weekend - a couple of the posters are meeting in Atlanta for fun and frivolity - Tennessee dude was invited. While trying to decide which event to attend, I opined that the guy should go to the game if for no other reason than to have his first ever experience of big-time tailgating (he's from NY and previously worked at SUNY-Albany... no idea what he's getting himself into). Upon this suggestion, numerous posters chimed in with "tailgating is boooorrring... football sux... I'd pay to avoid that... blah, blah, blah".

Anyway, one of the posters on the anti-tailgating side decided to post the following question on another board with lots of weirdos: "College Football Tailgates: Great fun or something you would pay to get out of going?" She got a bunch of the expected dumb responses... so I thought I'd balance things out by posting the question here and seeing what y'all have to say.

So, whaddya think?

Viking Kitten
8/29/2006, 12:06 PM
I'd pay to avoid the people on that other board you frequent.

yermom
8/29/2006, 12:13 PM
it's not???

yermom
8/29/2006, 12:16 PM
i can see not liking tailgating if you don't like football, but that sounds pretty lame

what sort of board are we talking about here? :P

royalfan5
8/29/2006, 12:18 PM
How is anything that combines eating, drinking, and football not fun? I don't get it.

Flagstaffsooner
8/29/2006, 12:29 PM
How is anything that combines eating, drinking, and football not fun? I don't get it.And you get to see VK in a tight OU t-shirt.:hot:

C&CDean
8/29/2006, 12:34 PM
What I like about our tailgates are that you can come eat, drink, be merry - and if you don't feel like football, stay at the RV and watch reruns of Jerry Springer. On beta.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/29/2006, 02:20 PM
I know people who tailgate that don't even go to games. It's like a huge backyard BBQ with better beer.

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2006, 02:22 PM
And you get to see VK in a tight OU t-shirt.:hot:

me...ow.....

Viking Kitten
8/29/2006, 02:25 PM
You't think I'd at least get a free parking pass.

Osce0la
8/29/2006, 02:26 PM
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4052/corsowp9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Czar Soonerov
8/29/2006, 02:40 PM
I don't like tailgating because I'm always having to look over my shoulder to make sure nobody is mentally raping my wife.

besides if you wanna see, it's only $4.99 per minute.

www.VKvideoblog.com/inter-specieserotica

:hot:

Viking Kitten
8/29/2006, 02:40 PM
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4052/corsowp9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Speaking of boobs.

TopDaugIn2000
8/29/2006, 03:46 PM
I know people who tailgate that don't even go to games. It's like a huge backyard BBQ with better beer.

raises hand........

IB4OU2
8/29/2006, 03:49 PM
What I like about our tailgates are that you can come eat, drink, be merry - and if you don't feel like football, stay at the RV and watch reruns of Jerry Springer. On beta.

I enjoy them.....I'm just trying to get my wife too.

Boomer.....
8/29/2006, 03:50 PM

Done it plenty of times. All about the atmosphere to get you that much more drunk and pumped up.

StoopTroup
8/29/2006, 03:54 PM
Whornfans do it every year at the Texas State Fair.

TexasLidig8r
8/29/2006, 03:59 PM
Time to repost the difference between football in the north vs. football in the south..

http://www.joke-archives.com/outdoors/differenceinfootballbetweennorthandsouth.html

particularly the part about..

Tailgating.

Amateurs. :rolleyes:

TopDaugIn2000
8/29/2006, 04:06 PM
COMMENTARY (MALE)

Up North: "Nice Play."
Down South: "Dammit you slow sumbitch - tackle him and break his legs!!!"

COMMENTARY (FEMALE)

Up North: "My, this is a violent sport."
Down South: "Dammit you slow sumbitch - tackle him and break his legs!!!"

hehehehehe, love it.

yermom
8/29/2006, 05:28 PM
Down South: RV's sporting their school flags begin arriving on Wednesday for the weekend festivities. The real faithful begin arriving on Tuesday.

no **** i walked by Lindsey today and saw people setting up tailgate stuff

Jimminy Crimson
8/29/2006, 05:49 PM
no **** i walked by Lindsey today and saw people setting up tailgate stuff

I haven't been down by the LNC this week, have any RV's already set up?

SoonerInFla
8/29/2006, 06:02 PM
I don't like tailgating because I'm always having to look over my shoulder to make sure nobody is mentally raping my wife.

besides if you wanna see, it's only $4.99 per minute.

www.VKvideoblog.com/inter-specieserotica

:hot:

Woww,
They take vCash!

SoonerBorn68
8/30/2006, 01:12 AM
...numerous posters chimed in with "tailgating is boooorrring... football sux... I'd pay to avoid that... blah, blah, blah".

So, whaddya think?

JIHAD!

All we need is a link. ;)