PDA

View Full Version : Trains from OKC to Norman on gameday?

sooneron
8/29/2006, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know if there is any extra train service to Norman from OKC on Saturdays??
I may have some UW friends staying in Bricktown on Fri...

7titles
8/29/2006, 11:49 AM
Doubt it, it takes the thing all day to go to Ft Worth and back. It would be neat though, although you would have to walk from downtown norman.

sooneron
8/29/2006, 11:53 AM
Doubt it, it takes the thing all day to go to Ft Worth and back. It would be neat though, although you would have to walk from downtown norman.
That's < a mile and you can always detour through campus corner.

It would be great if someone would buy an old commuter train with two cars and operate only on gamedays. Have like three runs each way with a drunk run around midnight.

Hell, they could do it every weekend for people going the opposite way to Bricktown to party. I know it makes too much sense and thus, it will never happen in OK. It's just the NJ/NYC train commuter in me.

You could charge people around 20 bucks roundtrip. It's cheaper than taking a cab when you're too drunk after a game - >$40

OklahomaTuba
8/29/2006, 12:00 PM
I wish they had one that ran from Tulsa to Norman. I would be all over that biotch.

BermudaSooner
8/29/2006, 12:46 PM
Trains? I've been away from OK too long.

Hatfield
8/29/2006, 01:11 PM
the powers that be would rather destroy the light rail system currently in place to put in a road.

OK2LA
8/29/2006, 01:17 PM
Just play it hobo style, and go down to union station, and grab one of those Santa Fe freight trains on the way outta town. It's free. The tricky part's gettin' off. Just gotta remember to ROLL as soon as you hit the ground - don't try to hit the ground runnin'. That's the rub.

JonnyRed
8/29/2006, 01:19 PM
What about a bus or a Trolley - Are there none that go from OKC to Norman on Game Days? If not that may be a good business: Rent some big parking-lot on game days. Pay someone to watch the cars and run the bus or whatever several times back and fourth. You could even run late after day games and charge the drinking crowd a little more for the late ride home. Well I guess the bus would be stuck in traffic along with all the other cars so you may have to get several.

Dio
8/29/2006, 01:21 PM
They could do it, but they'd have to make a day of it. The train leaves downtown OKC 8ish, I think, and takes about 15-20 minutes to get to Norman. It doesn't come back through Norman until 8:30 or so in the evening. It wouldn't work for an evening game, obviously, but any game at 11 (ugh) or 2:30 (like UW) would be decent.

OUMallen
8/29/2006, 01:36 PM
I wish they had one that ran from Tulsa to Norman. I would be all over that biotch.

Charter one. It's not expensive if you get enough people/