PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed...

Octavian
8/29/2006, 12:12 AM
So my friends are having their wedding on a gameday...and I'm a groomsman.

I think it was originally scheduled the weekend of the OSU game but several people (including some of the girls) took notice and the switch was made to the MTSU weekend.

It is gonna be a blast though, but many of us will be missing our first OU game in quite awhile...

Now, I think my friends are awesome but couldn't help but recall an old Veritas sig that addressed this issue.

Gametime is at 6:00, but the wedding kicks off at 7:00.

Think anyone would notice a bunch of groomsmen wearing headphones onstage? :O

Any ideas? TIA.

Blue
8/29/2006, 12:16 AM
I need prayers for all the praying I'm doing.

Just pray that I'll pray good, mkay.

yermom
8/29/2006, 12:19 AM
why not just make it a week later? :confused:

heck, a week earlier would be better

Octavian
8/29/2006, 12:23 AM
A week earlier though and I'd have to catch the ceremony on a podcast from Eugene ;)

They didn't ask for my input on the date for some reason

SoonerBorn68
8/29/2006, 12:27 AM
Dude, I thought everyone knew that if you get married in the Fall it's done on a bye week.

A friend of mine sent me an invitation to his wedding, which happened to fall on OU/tx weekend. I called him up & told him I wouldn't be there because of the game. He made his future wife reschedule the wedding & resent the invitations. :D

Octavian
8/29/2006, 12:30 AM
Well, if they schedule it during the RRS, they might not ever hear from me again :D

StoopTroup
8/29/2006, 02:31 AM
I'd hire someone to go in my place.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/29/2006, 08:42 AM
One of my best friends got married a few years ago. We were playing at Iowa State that day. As soon as the ceremony was over, I said hello to the bride then left to get home in time for the game. Another attendee said "you're a bad friend for leaving before the reception." I said, "no, she's a bad friend for scheduling her wedding on a game day."

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 08:46 AM
Now, I think my friends are awesome but couldn't help but recall an old Veritas sig that addressed this issue.

Dude, I wish he would pop back on and give that story and how it all went down. Awesome.

And yeah, they scheduled the wedding in Lincoln on the day of the OU-NEB game. :rolleyes:

lukin254
8/29/2006, 04:42 PM
So my friends are having their wedding on a gameday...and I'm a groomsman.

I think it was originally scheduled the weekend of the OSU game but several people (including some of the girls) took notice and the switch was made to the MTSU weekend.

It is gonna be a blast though, but many of us will be missing our first OU game in quite awhile...

Gametime is at 6:00, but the wedding kicks off at 7:00.

Think anyone would notice a bunch of groomsmen wearing headphones onstage? :O

Any ideas? TIA.

Find some new friends. What is more important than missing your first OU game since... last year... ?

Mixer!
8/29/2006, 04:59 PM
Clones. That's the answer to this problem.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2006, 06:10 PM
A marriage will only last a few years, but the memory of a good game lasts a lifetime.

Jimminy Crimson
8/29/2006, 06:15 PM
Tell your friend congrats and you'll try to stop by the reception after the game.

Octavian
9/21/2006, 10:40 PM
our attempts at sabotage have failed :mad:

leaving out in the morning for Dallas and won't be back in God's Country till Sunday afternoon.

Have fun and tip one back for me while I'm sweating in an overpriced rent-a-tux

yermom
9/21/2006, 10:42 PM
you don't have any compromising photos or anything?

Octavian
9/21/2006, 10:45 PM
actually...

:D

Octavian
9/21/2006, 10:46 PM
the bachelor's party was very....fun