PDA

View Full Version : So dusty is out for the season

Hatfield
8/28/2006, 06:47 PM
injury to his foot.
what is it with sooners and nfl injuries?

Sooner-N-KS
8/28/2006, 07:00 PM
That stinks!! I have Chicago D in my fantasy league.

birddog
8/28/2006, 07:10 PM
be careful, you'll get negged for reporting bad news.:rolleyes: that sucks for dusty. he was getting a pretty decent push on the line the other night. there seems to be a strangs coincidence (?) with sooners and injuries. i hear the coaches really liked him so he should be ok.

OUstud
8/28/2006, 07:29 PM
:( that SUCCS

trwxxa
8/28/2006, 07:38 PM
Unfortunately, here's a link

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=16797

uncle mo
8/28/2006, 08:08 PM
Just got off the phone with one of DD's family members. It is a weight-bearing bone in his right foot, the same foot that he injured last year. DD just had them shoot him up and tape it. That shows how much he wanted to play for his team and teammates last season. The Bears said that the previous injury was a definite factor in the break.

One of the DTs is in the last year of a contract, so the Bears will need him more next season. It's still going to be tough on Dusty. Please send a good thought his way...he really is a good young man.

sooneron
8/28/2006, 08:12 PM
Crap, that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing him play this year.

picasso
8/28/2006, 08:13 PM
so he'll have a year to lift weights and get paid for it. still not too shabby.

SoonerGM
8/28/2006, 11:30 PM
power comes from the legs and its hard to do squats, and olympic strength lifts with a foot injury.

GottaHavePride
8/28/2006, 11:35 PM
Pfff. I bet Dusty can squat more with just one leg than Chuck Norris can.

walkoffsooner
8/29/2006, 02:29 AM
Chuck cant lift weights do to his strong grip. A strong enough metal has yet to be invented that he can put a full grip on.

picasso
8/29/2006, 09:29 AM
power comes from the legs and its hard to do squats, and olympic strength lifts with a foot injury.
agreed, but I doubt he's going to be out for months and months and, he can still do upper body work no?
I'm betting money he's still doing some lifts with a cast on his leg. call me crazy.

cjames317
8/29/2006, 12:57 PM
Pfff. I bet Dusty can squat more with just one leg than Chuck Norris can.

Whoa, buckeroo. Chuck Norris just shat more than Dusty can squat.

badger
8/29/2006, 02:41 PM
he's like everyone's big Sooner teddy bear that can turn into a mean, nasty viking anytime somebody snaps a football
http://static.newsok.biz/oldimages/tempimages/n30dusty.jpg

Mjcpr
8/29/2006, 02:43 PM
he's like everyone's big Sooner teddy bear that can turn into a mean, nasty viking anytime somebody snaps a football

Or gives him a beer.

;)

Fugue
8/29/2006, 02:51 PM
Or gives him a beer.

;)

you know who will have yo azz for this. i'm telling

SoonerGM
8/29/2006, 06:33 PM
agreed, but I doubt he's going to be out for months and months and, he can still do upper body work no?
I'm betting money he's still doing some lifts with a cast on his leg. call me crazy.

granted dusty is more animal than the average joe, its hard for me to envision someone working out thier injured body part. you are right, upper body would not be a problem. but with the weight that he uses for his lower body it would be a serious risk to aggrivating the injury and therefore extending his downtime.

on top of that, doing squats is a complex movement already. doing them improperly can injure your knees or even you back. doing squats with a cast on would just be crazy. doing olympic lifts would be even worse. i would think the cast would throw your balance off pretty good.

all that said, i am deffinatly not an expert. i have weight trained for several years(off and on of course) and i am just going by my experience and personal studies. i have always read that for athletes it is better to train the body as one and not by parts as a body builder would. that is why i never view an injury as a positive thing. sure he can train his upper body. but without the injury he could train the full body at 100%, do all the cardio he needs, do plyometrics, and train all fundamentals.

but of course, dusty is a beast. and with the unlimited money in the NFL, maybe they have found a way around these things. i think he just needs to get an oxygen bed like TO and have a miracle recovery :)

StoopTroup
8/29/2006, 06:38 PM
I think someone put a little carbon monoxide in TO bed.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/29/2006, 06:41 PM
Or gives him a beer.

;)

Yep.

I saw it.

You just wait...

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/29/2006, 06:46 PM
And also...

DAMMIT! :(

picasso
8/29/2006, 09:02 PM
granted dusty is more animal than the average joe, its hard for me to envision someone working out thier injured body part. you are right, upper body would not be a problem. but with the weight that he uses for his lower body it would be a serious risk to aggrivating the injury and therefore extending his downtime.

on top of that, doing squats is a complex movement already. doing them improperly can injure your knees or even you back. doing squats with a cast on would just be crazy. doing olympic lifts would be even worse. i would think the cast would throw your balance off pretty good.

all that said, i am deffinatly not an expert. i have weight trained for several years(off and on of course) and i am just going by my experience and personal studies. i have always read that for athletes it is better to train the body as one and not by parts as a body builder would. that is why i never view an injury as a positive thing. sure he can train his upper body. but without the injury he could train the full body at 100%, do all the cardio he needs, do plyometrics, and train all fundamentals.

but of course, dusty is a beast. and with the unlimited money in the NFL, maybe they have found a way around these things. i think he just needs to get an oxygen bed like TO and have a miracle recovery :)

dude what in the hell are you talking about? I didn't mean he was going to be doing squats and lunges and power cleans!
I meant he will probably be doing chest and arm movements. I've seen many a guy work different body parts when recovering from an injury.

Readyfor8
8/29/2006, 09:04 PM
dude what in the hell are you talking about? I didn't mean he was going to be doing squats and lunges and power cleans!
I meant he will probably be doing chest and arm movements. I've seen many a guy work different body parts when recovering from an injury.

I work my different body parts on a regular basis... BAZING!!!

picasso
8/29/2006, 09:08 PM
I work my different body parts on a regular basis... BAZING!!!
I'm not sure NFL linemen do short stroke movements.

shabang!!!

olevetonahill
8/30/2006, 01:55 AM
be careful, you'll get negged for reporting bad news.:rolleyes: that sucks for dusty. he was getting a pretty decent push on the line the other night. there seems to be a strangs coincidence (?) with sooners and injuries. i hear the coaches really liked him so he should be ok.
Ya wanta call a truce fine with me ! ya want a jihad bring it :D
Yove negged me twice for what ? i have no clue .:confused:
Both of my post that you negged were just jokes from me . So like I said
friend or foe ? ur choice .
Tell ya what I wont neg you anymore . In exchange you just iggy me , OK ?
Or I can declare JIHAD . Like I said your choice :cool:

Jimminy Crimson
8/30/2006, 02:00 AM
The only bright spot to that article is that their fullback also got put on IR, meaning more time for JD.