PDA

View Full Version : We got our hotel in Dallas....

LilSooner
8/28/2006, 04:05 PM
now all we need are the stinking tickets. We're staying in the west end and I feel like I'm in my sorority again.

This is going to be completely awesome or it's going to suck more than the 2004 orange bowl.

1stTimeCaller
8/28/2006, 04:06 PM
sweet. what's your room number?

;)

yermom
8/28/2006, 04:07 PM
yeah, watching Carson Palmer kill the Hawkeyes was pretty lame

LilSooner
8/28/2006, 04:07 PM
I dunno I'll have to ask the other chick I'm staying with.

yermom
8/28/2006, 04:08 PM
:hot:

LilSooner
8/28/2006, 04:08 PM
yeah, watching Carson Palmer kill the Hawkeyes was pretty lame

Whoops I guess I could have said the sugar bowl, that indeed was the suck, although the Monteleon was AWESOME!

yermom
8/28/2006, 04:09 PM
crap, you aren't talking about Rhino are you?

C&CDean
8/28/2006, 04:09 PM
Somebody told me yesterday that the West End was pretty much shut down. Said everybody is going to Deep Ellum and other entertainment areas. I wish it would, cause the last few years I've pretty much just stood on a street corner waiting for everybody to go up to the Dallas Alley and then come back. It just ain't much fun anymore. On the Friday night before the game my kid has a H.S. football game, so we won't even get to Dallas till after midnight - saving me from having to go down to the W.E. Yay!

yermom
8/28/2006, 04:11 PM
yeah, it was kinda cool the first time

of course we don't have to get up as early this year do we?

Mjcpr
8/28/2006, 04:12 PM
Somebody told me yesterday that the West End was pretty much shut down. Said everybody is going to Deep Ellum and other entertainment areas. I wish it would, cause the last few years I've pretty much just stood on a street corner waiting for everybody to go up to the Dallas Alley and then come back. It just ain't much fun anymore. On the Friday night before the game my kid has a H.S. football game, so we won't even get to Dallas till after midnight - saving me from having to go down to the W.E. Yay!

Now, when anyone asks you when you officially became a geezer, you can safely say it happened in 2006.

LilSooner
8/28/2006, 04:13 PM

Deep Ellum, there are some funky shops down there. And that's all I have to say about that.

C&CDean
8/28/2006, 04:16 PM
Now, when anyone asks you when you officially became a geezer, you can safely say it happened in 2006.

I can party til I puke pretty much anywhere. No need to do it in front of a crowd.

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2006, 04:17 PM

I think they were refering to the shopping mall area of it, the multi storied job. That shut down. And Dicks last resort, Tony Romas and Lombardi's all moved out as well. THey'll still be a ton of people down there, but no one I know that lives here ever goes there other than OU/TX.

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2006, 04:18 PM
Deep Ellum, there are some funky shops down there. And a bunch of thugs, with an occasional shooting.

fixed.

Beef
8/28/2006, 04:18 PM
I think they were refering to the shopping mall area of it, the multi storied job. That shut down. And Dicks last resort, Tony Romas and Lombardi's all moved out as well. THey'll still be a ton of people down there, but no one I know that lives here ever goes there other than OU/TX.
I had no idea all those places moved out. I guess that shows how often I go down there.

1stTimeCaller
8/28/2006, 04:21 PM
fixed.

you're thinking of Lower Greenville.

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2006, 04:24 PM
you're thinking of Lower Greenville.

Nope.

1stTimeCaller
8/28/2006, 04:26 PM
I was half heartedly joking. I did see on the news a few months ago about all of the problems and shootings they had on LG for a while.

TexasLidig8r
8/28/2006, 04:31 PM
If you're over 19 years old.. stay away from the West End.

Night before the game.. Uptown, Belt Line Road in Addison, West Village.

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2006, 04:35 PM
If you're over 19 years old.. stay away from the West End.

Night before the game.. Uptown, Belt Line Road in Addison, West Village.

How is the scene on Belt Line. I live a few blocks from there and would rather go there. Is there much OU TX feel to it?

Edit: Oh wait...stupid whorn.

mrowl
8/28/2006, 04:44 PM
addison is great on that weekend.

But next year the party will be at Victory with the W, Ghost Bar, Dicks last resort, Hooters, House of Blues, and the 6 other bars that are opening in front of AAC.

Rhino
8/28/2006, 04:48 PM
I still hate the West End.

I won't be going to Deep Ellum without a gun though.

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2006, 04:50 PM
I still hate the West End.

I won't be going to Deep Ellum without a gun though.

Smart man. I'd still go to the West End. Went last year and it was still fun, even at 27.

LilSooner
8/28/2006, 04:56 PM
I just refuse to do the walk. 'Cause walking up and down a damn street all night is awesome! I also do not enjoy running into people that I haven't seen in 6 years and they tried to have a conversation with me when their blood alcohol level is at least .2

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2006, 04:57 PM
I just refuse to do the walk. 'Cause walking up and down a damn street all night is awesome! I also do not enjoy running into people that I haven't seen in 6 years and they tried to have a conversation with me when their blood alcohol level is at least .2

Then come to Addison. That's where all the cool people will be!! :)

mrowl
8/28/2006, 05:00 PM
Then come to Addison. That's where all the cool people will be!! :)

just don't park in the Sams parking lot. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Viking Kitten
8/28/2006, 05:01 PM
The last time we were on Belt Line in Addison, we saw a lot of Goths/Emo Kids/Teenage Butch Lesbians driving around in $40,000 cars. It was a tad odd.

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2006, 05:02 PM
just don't park in the Sams parking lot. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Heh. Luckily I'll be able to take a cab. I'd walk home if I wasn't 100% sure I'd get stopped by the Addisson police.

TexasLidig8r
8/28/2006, 05:11 PM
A late Dallas lunch the day before the Red River Whatever involving lots and lots of alcohol would be a good thing.

1TC would probably be able to attend.. since he will be on his 3rd job between now and then! :D

LilSooner
8/28/2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah, that would be fun except that I hate all you texas people :)

bri
8/28/2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah, that would be fun except that I hate all you texas people :)

Think about it, this will be your first chance to say "OUT" to a Dallas lunch and actually mean it!

PhilTLL
8/28/2006, 06:31 PM
Whoops I guess I could have said the sugar bowl, that indeed was the suck, although the Monteleon was AWESOME!

I know a ton of people who get confused when I refer to the bowl games by the year they occurred in rather than the season they capped or vice versa. We, as a football nation, need to agree on a standard. :)