PDA

View Full Version : Titans just picked up Kerry Collins

Hatfield
8/28/2006, 03:47 PM
seems like VY isn't the golden child after all in titan land.....

SoonerDood
8/28/2006, 03:54 PM
Hey Vince- even fat kids can run in the NFL!

Hatfield
8/28/2006, 04:11 PM
the real humor in the story is that someone picked up collins to make their team better

OUstud
8/28/2006, 04:15 PM
PWN3D!

Tear Down This Wall
8/28/2006, 04:24 PM
How stupid is the Titans' management and coaching staff? First, they let a legitimate quarterback go in Steve McNair. They turn the reigns over to a back-up who should never do more than hold a clip board, Billy Volek. Then, they draft Uncle Rico and find out that he fumbles more than Uncle Rico - and he hasn't even seen live action against a first team NFL defense yet! Now, they're going after Kerry Collins a couple of weeks before the season starts.

Have fun with all that, Norm Chow.

Hatfield
8/28/2006, 04:27 PM
i don't know how stupid is they? ;)

Tear Down This Wall
8/28/2006, 04:29 PM
Bery, bery stupid. Although, it's been fun to watch Uncle Rico struggle against guys who will be working at McDonalds in a couple of weeks.

Hatfield
8/28/2006, 04:33 PM
my favorite "throw" so far was the falling down no look over the head toss to 2 defenders.

TripleOption14
8/28/2006, 04:36 PM
If you couldn't see that his game did not transfer to the NFL then you didn't want to see it. Poor throwing mechanics and reading D's are two huge factors in the NFL game and he sux at both!! Your not playing Baylor, A&M, and North Texas anymore Radio!! :D

TexasLidig8r
8/28/2006, 05:09 PM
Oh good Lord.. so all of you geniuses are much more intelligent than all of the NFL scouts and managers combined... :rolleyes:

Let's condemn someone after the first few, pre-season games...:rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is.. there are damned few quarterbacks able to go straight to the NFL and succeed right away.... Brady rode the pine.. Aikman got the hell kicked out of him his first year and won exactly ZERO games his rookie year...

Then again, as demonstrated repeatedly, there are not a whole lot of people on here who can objectively look at talent on other teams.

DalHorn
8/28/2006, 05:15 PM
Terrible news!! Vince is doomed!!

Fisher doesn't hand the reigns to a rookie QB in a season where his head is on the block anyway. You don't say!! That Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler will show him how it's done!!

JohnnyMack
8/28/2006, 05:20 PM
I think this says more about their mishandling of the McNair/Volek situation than it is any indictment of VY. Only a complete moran would have thought VY would be ready to go week 1.

Harry Beanbag
8/28/2006, 05:26 PM
I wonder if Norm has told management "I told you so" yet on passing on Leinart? Matt looks excellent out here in the desert.

Tear Down This Wall
8/28/2006, 05:35 PM
It's funny just thinking about Uncle Rico sitting at home trying to comprehend Norm Chow's playbook. I mean, it's got more than one play in it? Any guesses how long it will take him to approach the Titans' coaching staff with his ridiculous "let me play how I want" request? My guess is that he does it by the end of his second season.

Desert Sapper
8/28/2006, 05:51 PM
I think this says more about their mishandling of the McNair/Volek situation than it is any indictment of VY. Only a complete moran would have thought VY would be ready to go week 1.

I agree. VY may end up being better. He has great athleticism. The Titans were complete idiots for dropping their starter in the hopes of what? VY starting right away?

TexasLidig8r
8/28/2006, 06:10 PM
It's funny just thinking about Uncle Rico sitting at home trying to comprehend Norm Chow's playbook. I mean, it's got more than one play in it? Any guesses how long it will take him to approach the Titans' coaching staff with his ridiculous "let me play how I want" request? My guess is that he does it by the end of his second season.

Counselor... have you been reading briefs all night?

You're sounding like a Judge Brown from the 5th Circuit opinion now!

Hatfield
8/28/2006, 06:49 PM
they picked up kerry collins

to make them better

are people really missing this point?

BudSooner
8/28/2006, 06:54 PM
Oh good Lord.. so all of you geniuses are much more intelligent than all of the NFL scouts and managers combined... :rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is.. there are damned few quarterbacks able to go straight to the NFL and succeed right away.... Brady rode the pine.. Aikman got the hell kicked out of him his first year and won exactly ZERO games his rookie year...

Then again, as demonstrated repeatedly, there are not a whole lot of people on here who can objectively look at talent on other teams.

And we care why? because he is/was a horn??

trwxxa
8/28/2006, 07:06 PM

to make them better

It could not happen to a better owner. I do feel bad for Fischer though.

crimsonrules
8/28/2006, 08:13 PM

Oh yeah!! You know that's coming! After all, he's supposed to be the second coming of Vick. "The Vick of the Future" if you will. It's just a matter of time before "Vince just wants to be Vince"! Of course, by that time Bud Adams will either have dumped Fisher and Chow, or both will be fed up and just walk! It's gonna be good stuff!

XingTheRubicon
8/28/2006, 09:04 PM
FYI, Vick had some great highlights his rookie pre-season. Great scrambles and threw lasers on target. The jury is still out on VY but the jury is not still out on 30 yard floaters in the league. They get intercepted.

Mile High Sooner
8/28/2006, 09:04 PM
Kerry Collins???
Wasn't he the guy who couldn't make it for Old Man Davis in Oakland?
Or was he the lost Giant in New York?
Maybe he thinks they're shooting a Remember the Titans movie sequel.

KC//CRIMSON
8/28/2006, 09:10 PM

Really? I don't see Eli Manning, Kyle Orton, Jay Cutler, or Matt Leinhart having any problems.....

XingTheRubicon
8/28/2006, 09:23 PM
Really? I don't see Eli Manning, Kyle Orton, Jay Cutler, or Matt Leinhart having any problems.....

Well, that's not really fair. Not one of the aforementioned QB's is currently a moron.

goingoneight
8/28/2006, 09:28 PM

Leinhart? Is that like a Bhromar?

I won't go running my mouth about VY, I don't really care what he does. I do believe his strength and athleticism, considering his size, he'll be able to do at least something in the NFL someday. Be it QB, WR or special teams. You have to admit, one would be a fool to just pass up natural talent like that.

KC//CRIMSON
8/28/2006, 09:57 PM
Leinhart? Is that like a Bhromar?

I won't go running my mouth about VY, I don't really care what he does. I do believe his strength and athleticism, considering his size, he'll be able to do at least something in the NFL someday. Be it QB, WR or special teams. You have to admit, one would be a fool to just pass up natural talent like that.

No, it's like you succ.;)

True, VY is a natural talent, just not a natural QB.

Dio
8/28/2006, 10:03 PM
What's next- someone signing Jeff George?

Oh, wait...

tulsaoilerfan
8/28/2006, 10:07 PM

to make them better

better at drinking maybe:pop:

TexasLidig8r
8/29/2006, 09:13 AM

Really? So, how many regular season games has Leinart and Cutler started? How many playoff games have they started? How much did Carson Palmer play his entire first year in the league?

planosooner
8/29/2006, 10:34 AM
I heard on the radio this morning that they are likely trying to trade Volek and throw Vince in there with Collins as his backup.

r5TPsooner
8/29/2006, 01:46 PM
seems like VY isn't the golden child after all in titan land.....

Nor will he be for a few years.

KC//CRIMSON
8/29/2006, 02:23 PM
Really? So, how many regular season games has Leinart and Cutler started? How many playoff games have they started? How much did Carson Palmer play his entire first year in the league?

Nothing like getting your a** owned on a rivals message board, huh? Face it f*** stick, your "second coming - golden boy" ain't paying any dividends so far in the pre-season. So much so, they had to go out and get a washed up QB as insurance. I hope VY's a** likes the taste of pine.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2006, 02:33 PM
Well, that's not really fair. Not one of the aforementioned QB's is currently a moron.

Heh.

TexasLidig8r
8/29/2006, 02:38 PM
Nothing like getting your a** owned on a rivals message board, huh? Face it f*** stick, your "second coming - golden boy" ain't paying any dividends so far in the pre-season. So much so, they had to go out and get a washed up QB as insurance. I hope VY's a** likes the taste of pine.

Wow.. did your ritalin prescription get held up at the pharmacy?

Asking legitimate questions that are not responded to is being pwn3d? :rolleyes:

You're more than welcome to find any post from me saying Vince would come in and start right away... in fact, while you are doing that, you will find a number of different posts saying he needs time to sit, learn the offense, learn the game and if the Titan brain trust is on the ball, will sit him for the rest of the year.

Vince learns the game from Collins, Chow and Fisher and slowly develops.

With that being said, I see you are safely on the "I have an irrational hatred for Texas" horse and buggy ride.

Mixer!
8/29/2006, 02:55 PM
Really? I don't see Ben Rothlisberger having any problems.....

fixed. ;)