PDA

View Full Version : Family Friendly place in Dallas to watch game?

achiro
8/28/2006, 03:33 PM
We are going to be in Dallas this weekend. We are going to Medieval Times at 5 and should be out in time to see the majority of the game. We may just go back to the hotel but I'd rather plan ahead in case the hotel doesn't have TBS. Any suggestions? We will have our 6 and 1 year olds with us.

crawfish
8/28/2006, 03:35 PM
Where are you staying?

JohnnyMack
8/28/2006, 03:35 PM
Go to Howzit's house. The key is under the mat.

achiro
8/28/2006, 03:37 PM
Where are you staying?
Not sure for that night, my wife will want to hit Ikea(I want to hit it in the head with a 2x4)on Sunday so somwhere North of Medieval times and not past ikea.

crawfish
8/28/2006, 03:37 PM

Interesting that you know that. You must be his "back door man".

crawfish
8/28/2006, 03:40 PM
Not sure for that night, my wife will want to hit Ikea(I want to hit it in the head with a 2x4)on Sunday so somwhere North of Medieval times and not past ikea.

You can probably catch it at Champps, on Beltline about 1 block west of the tollway. Ikea is about 10 miles north on the tollway.

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2006, 03:42 PM
You can probably catch it at Champps, on Beltline about 1 block west of the tollway. Ikea is about 10 miles north on the tollway.

That's a good suggestion.

Howzit
8/28/2006, 03:43 PM
BJs about 35 and 121 (by Vista Ridge Mall)

Will probably have it on...

1stTimeCaller
8/28/2006, 03:45 PM

y'all just come on over. The Mrs., Jr. and myself are having a pool party while Howzit is gone. Just come in through the gate, we'll be in the backyard.

crawfish
8/28/2006, 03:49 PM
BJs about 35 and 121 (by Vista Ridge Mall)

Will probably have it on...

Pssst...achiro is a normal guy, they don't do family BJs. You sicko.

jk the sooner fan
8/28/2006, 03:50 PM
"two rows" normally has OU football on as well, its on the toll road near keller springs

Mjcpr
8/28/2006, 03:50 PM
You could try Howzit's shorts, there should be lots of other kids there to play with.

NormanPride
8/28/2006, 03:57 PM
I don't know why more guys don't like Ikea. It's the one store that I've found makes decorating and furnishing a living area tolerable. Hell, you have to build pretty much everything, right? I like the building part.

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2006, 03:57 PM
"two rows" normally has OU football on as well, its on the toll road near keller springs

Another excellent suggestion

nanimonai
8/28/2006, 04:01 PM

It wasn't there last night around 3:00AM.

achiro
8/28/2006, 04:02 PM
I don't know why more guys don't like Ikea. It's the one store that I've found makes decorating and furnishing a living area tolerable. Hell, you have to build pretty much everything, right? I like the building part.
Gay guys really like it. I guess it's the whole "decorating" thing. Give me a comfortable chair, a big screen, an x-box, and a comfortable bed and I'm happy. Let the women pick the covers for it.:texan:

achiro
8/28/2006, 04:08 PM
It wasn't there last night around 3:00AM.
It's because the Mrs. mailed it to me so I can make a copy of it. I'm dropping it by this weekend so it will be there then.

achiro
8/29/2006, 10:23 AM
Didn't mean to kill this thread. Can y'all describe these places you've suggested?

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 10:28 AM
Didn't mean to kill this thread. Can y'all describe these places you've suggested?

http://www.tworows.com/

LOTS of TV's, good menu, good beer.

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/home_page/home_main.html

HUGE TV above the bar, other TV's around the place. Big menu, lots of variety.

achiro
8/29/2006, 10:33 AM
http://www.tworows.com/

LOTS of TV's, good menu, good beer.

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/home_page/home_main.html

HUGE TV above the bar, other TV's around the place. Big menu, lots of variety.
Family friendly?

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 10:35 AM
Family friendly?

I think so. Alot of others on here have been there too, and actually have kids, unlike myself.

What is your definition of Family friendly?

There are no hooters outfits at either of these places. The both havea bar area and a seating area, and they are only called "breweries" because they have a bunch of their own kinds of beers the sell.

achiro
8/29/2006, 10:39 AM
I think so. Alot of others on here have been there too, and actually have kids, unlike myself.

What is your definition of Family friendly?

There are no hooters outfits at either of these places. The both havea bar area and a seating area, and they are only called "breweries" because they have a bunch of their own kinds of beers the sell.
Family friendly: Kids are allowed and can sit in an area where tv can be seen.
Hooters Outifts: fine by me...my sons are too young to notice. I, on the other hand, am not.:D

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 10:41 AM
Family friendly: Kids are allowed and can sit in an area where tv can be seen.
Hooters Outifts: fine by me...my sons are too young to notice. I, on the other hand, am not.:D

Well, two rows has TV's everywhere. Bar and seating area.

BJ's has TV's in the Bar area mostly, but you can see them as they are on a back wall. There are usually a few scattered throught the restaurant.

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 10:43 AM
OMG. On the BJ's Brewery website you can watch a video about what it's like to go there. It's called........."The BJ's Experience"

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/media/high.htm

achiro
8/31/2006, 03:05 PM
Are any of these places OU fan "hangouts" for games? We are going to MT on Friday instead so I won't end up missing any of the game...woohoo!
I would like to go someplace with a bunch of other rowdy OU fans if there is such a place.

crawfish
8/31/2006, 03:26 PM
Chammps has TV's EVERYWHERE. They'll put marquee games on the big screens - I'm not sure who else is playing that night, but we'll probably get priority unless there are Texas teams playing or some big rivalry game.

It's definitely family-friendly. The portions are HUGE, so be prepared if you go.