PDA

View Full Version : In 2099...

The Maestro
8/28/2006, 02:42 PM
...they will be naming someone we get to watch right now as the greatest athlete of the century.

Eldrick Woods.

What he is doing to the record books in the game of golf is pretty monumental, considering he just turned 30 this year and still has 2/3rds of his career left to go.

By 2026 when Tiger hits the big 5-0, he will leave a trail of greatness that no one will ever be able to equal in the game of golf. What? 52 wins already and the overall record is in the mid 80's? 12 majors and only Jack in front of him now? He's not my favorite to cheer for, but this run the last month has been his best golf ever, in my opinion.

I also was glad to hear that he has told Tom Lehman that the Ryder Cup rookies will be his project and he is taking them under his wing. Sure, Tiger has struggled in the Ryder Cup and having a great run in that event is something his legend needs, but the fact he is focusing on the team aspect of it shows me something. Also that he and Phil adjusted their schedules so they could join the other ten players on a trip to Ireland to prepare for the Ryder Cup.