PDA

View Full Version : How weird is this? Bomar could face UT the week before the RRS

footballfanatic
8/28/2006, 12:51 PM
If it's true that Bomar enrolled at Sam Houston State, and if he's reinstated this year, he will face UT in Austin, the week before the OU game. That would have to be one of the weirdest storylines in college football history.

I don't want to even think about the beating he would take in that game behind his offensive line.

Sooner-N-KS
8/28/2006, 12:55 PM
Doesn't he still have to sit out a year if he transfers there?

Blues1
8/28/2006, 12:59 PM
Sooner Starter

Re: Bomar finally gets into a school (Pop Corn State)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"IF" -- He plays this year,,?? - He gets to face Texas on Sept 30th.....

Now what do you think will happen......

Keep R'

JonnyRed
8/28/2006, 01:00 PM
From what I have heard he will not have to sit out a year since he is transferring into another Division 1-II, but I have probably heard wrong. I would think they would still make him sit out a year. Plus how long is it going to take him to learn the team, plays, etc...

C&CDean
8/28/2006, 01:53 PM
WTF is texas doing playing a D-II school? Losers.

NormanPride
8/28/2006, 01:59 PM
Dean, you just answered your own question. They are losers. :texan:

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/28/2006, 02:01 PM
The problem is getting re-instated to play in the NCAA not transfer rules

boomersooner28
8/28/2006, 02:10 PM
He can play immediately if he transfers to a 1-AA school, but as Gandolf has stated, Sam Houston St. now has to ask the NCAA to reinstate Bomar.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/28/2006, 02:24 PM
Which they won't this year

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2006, 02:38 PM
It took Dwayne Jarrett just under two months to get reinstated.

MiccoMacey
8/28/2006, 02:38 PM
He can play immediately if he transfers to a 1-AA school, but as Gandolf has stated, Sam Houston St. now has to ask the NCAA to reinstate Bomar.

I thought the onus to ask for his re-instatement was on OU since they were the aggreived party, at least that's what I tought I read in a Tulsa World article a month back.

NormanPride
8/28/2006, 02:41 PM

SHSU is no USC.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/28/2006, 02:42 PM

First of all, Dwayne Jarrett was more of a misunderstanding of NCAA rules...Bomar and Quinn was a willful attempt to usurp the rules as they pertained to student athletes. Plus Jarrett goes to USC!

RiddlerOK
8/28/2006, 03:06 PM

My sentinments exactly. They go put a Godzillatron big screen up then schedule a 1-AA patsy. What the heck is the matter with DeLoss Dodds?

Well, if that's what it takes to get them ready to lose to us, I'm all for it!

footballfanatic
8/28/2006, 03:23 PM
My sentinments exactly. They go put a Godzillatron big screen up then schedule a 1-AA patsy. What the heck is the matter with DeLoss Dodds?

Well, if that's what it takes to get them ready to lose to us, I'm all for it!

We tried to get North Denton High, but they had homecoming that weekend.

Luthor
8/28/2006, 03:36 PM
He just thought he knew what a$$ whupp'n was about.

boomrsoonr
8/28/2006, 03:42 PM
If it's true that Bomar enrolled at Sam Houston State, and if he's reinstated this year, he will face UT in Austin, the week before the OU game. That would have to be one of the weirdest storylines in college football history.

I don't want to even think about the beating he would take in that game behind his offensive line.

Who cares? It's time for us to move on and wipe him from the rolls. May he no longer darken our hallowed halls. And never be considered a Sooner.

Sooner-N-KS
8/28/2006, 04:02 PM
This is funny.....http://www.gobearkats.com/football/bomar.html

They had the nerve to use a picture of him in a Sooner jersey. The article talks about all the good things he did here and that he's a "good student and good athlete," but there's nothing about why he's no longer at OU.

footballfanatic
8/28/2006, 04:08 PM
Who cares? It's time for us to move on and wipe him from the rolls. May he no longer darken our hallowed halls. And never be considered a Sooner.

Can I politely ask a question that begs to be asked? If you don't want t to talk about Mr. Bomar, WHY DID YOU RESPOND TO THIS THREAD?

boomrsoonr
8/28/2006, 04:29 PM
I thought the onus to ask for his re-instatement was on OU since they were the aggreived party, at least that's what I tought I read in a Tulsa World article a month back.

I think that's correct, IF the requesting school was also in the same division. But I don't think it applies if it's not.

boomrsoonr
8/28/2006, 04:31 PM
Can I politely ask a question that begs to be asked? If you don't want t to talk about Mr. Bomar, WHY DID YOU RESPOND TO THIS THREAD?

Because I can. ;) No, in all honesty, I think we're better off just letting it all go. I sure hope the team feels the same way. He's going to wind up being the next DKR.

footballfanatic
8/28/2006, 05:25 PM
What's interesting about it is that America loves to see people fail, then we love to watch their resurrection, provided they are contrite enough.

Desert Sapper
8/28/2006, 05:45 PM
I wish him the best. He did a dumb thing, certainly not considering anybody other than himself. He was caught, which was a bit of divine intervention, given that he was quickly going in a negative direction and could possibly have ended up hurting the team much more at some later date. I hope he fully reverses his trend and does great things at SHSU. And, like Marcus Dupree (another attitude problem), I will always remember the good things he did, think about how much he wasted, and lament. I think OUr team has moved on.

Readyfor8
8/28/2006, 06:00 PM

Evidently no you can not "politely ask a question" because typing in caps is not polite.

4everasooner
8/29/2006, 07:44 AM
Easy.

Salt City Sooner
8/29/2006, 09:49 AM
This year, they're the rule, not the exception. OU is the only Big 12 school who's NOT playing a 1-AA team in the OOC:

Baylor plays Northwestern State

CU-Montana St.

ISU-Northern Iowa

KU-Northwestern State

KSU-Illinois State

Mizzou-Murray State

Nebraska-Nicholls State

OSU-Missouri State

Horns-Sam Houston

A&M-The Citadel

Tech-Southeastern Louisiana

caphorns
8/29/2006, 11:39 AM
I-AA - it's what's for breakfast.

Dio
8/29/2006, 01:45 PM
This year, they're the rule, not the exception. OU is the only Big 12 school who's NOT playing a 1-AA team in the OOC:

CU-Montana St.

ISU-Northern Iowa

KU-Northwestern State

KSU-Illinois State

Mizzou-Murray State

Nebraska-Nicholls State

OSU-Missouri State

Horns-Sam Houston

A&M-The Citadel

Yeah, but can you really fault Baylor or losur? They're practically D-II themselves.

r5TPsooner
8/29/2006, 01:48 PM
Has UT hired Bill Snyder as its scheduling coordinator?

Dances with Possums
8/29/2006, 01:58 PM

Well we figured that, if you guys were going to have a bye week before the RRS, we should have one, too.

footballfanatic
8/29/2006, 03:02 PM
Evidently no you can not "politely ask a question" because typing in caps is not polite.

Guess you missed my clever and compelling use of dramatic irony.

footballfanatic
8/29/2006, 03:05 PM

CU-Montana St.

ISU-Northern Iowa

KU-Northwestern State

KSU-Illinois State

Mizzou-Murray State

Nebraska-Nicholls State

OSU-Missouri State

Horns-Sam Houston

A&M-The Citadel

As a UT fan, I hate the creampuff opponents as much as anyone, as ticket prices are high, and the game isn't competititve by the second quarter. This is somewhat tempered by the fact that UT is playing the # 1ranked team in the nation. You can't ask for a harder opponent than that.

Also, for all the criticism USC receives from fans of other teams (much of it is jealousy) they have to be commended for their schedule. It's pretty tough.

caphorns
8/29/2006, 03:26 PM
Also, for all the criticism USC receives from fans of other teams (much of it is jealousy) they have to be commended for their schedule. It's pretty tough.

I am not about to commend any team from the Cupcake Conference.

Readyfor8
8/29/2006, 04:17 PM
Guess you missed my clever and compelling use of dramatic irony.

Yeap, completly missed it... Next time try mixing in some wit.

Jello Biafra
8/29/2006, 04:25 PM
Well we figured that, if you guys were going to have a bye week before the RRS, we should have one, too.

i vote for all whornes being banned on tuesday.

if i can't talk about their mothers their mother's chosen proffesion or their sorry azzed team, they shouldn't be allowed on our board.......

can i get a whut whut?

footballfanatic
8/29/2006, 05:06 PM
Yeap, completly missed it... Next time try mixing in some wit.

Good one.

RooseveltRoughRider
8/29/2006, 06:37 PM
Hey, Sam Houston State might be 1=AA, but I guarantee you that 1AA Schools in the Southland Conference can beat ALOT of 1A schools. I know this because I have seen it happen. The SLC is probaby one of the best 1AA Conferences in the country. I remember when I was at SFA we beat a 1A team or two. Texas State (also an SLC school, almost beat A&M lasst year at Kyle Field...

in 1998...Stephen F. Austin had more players drafted than UT!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I played at SFa we sent at least 3-4 players to the NFL a year. Including Jeremiah Trotter, Mychael Ricks, James Richey...shoot Chizik was our Defensive Coach....

North Texas, McNeese State, Troy State, Northwestern State, Texas State, Sam Houston State etc... are all current or former members of the SLC and would play them in a heartbreat over some of the 1A schools running around the country like BUFFALO...AKRON...ARMY.... and schools of that nature.

So dont say just because they are 1AA, they should not be playing them. Say because they suck or something. Assuming every 1A team will beat every 1AA team is silly.

goingoneight
8/29/2006, 09:07 PM
I-AA - it's what's for breakfast.

Just hope that they don't pull a fast one on ya... It's happened to greater greats before...

goingoneight
8/29/2006, 09:12 PM
I've never understood why someone, even with FRAN as their coach, would waste the great home-field advantage they have, the great atmosphere and the hallowed grounds of such stadiums like KF for a school never heard of amongst many college FB fans.

If I was in charge of scheduling, I would be looking for the Bama's, SUC's, FSU's, ND's and tOSU's of this country before I would consider four consecutive snores like aTm has scheduled.

clambe00
8/29/2006, 09:16 PM
tx shouldn't be playing d two schools

Readyfor8
8/29/2006, 09:16 PM
I've never understood why someone, even with FRAN as their coach, would waste the great home-field advantage they have, the great atmosphere and the hallowed grounds of such stadiums like KF for a school never heard of amongst many college FB fans.

If I was in charge of scheduling, I would be looking for the Bama's, SUC's, FSU's, ND's and tOSU's of this country before I would consider four consecutive snores like aTm has scheduled.

I guess when your head is on the chopping block the first thing you are willing to sacrifice is your brain.

picasso
8/29/2006, 09:57 PM
everyone needs at least one cupcake before the conference play starts but Bomar playing Texas in that situation would just too damned weird. even for me.
and we're talking some weird freaky stuff here kids.

Soonerfan88
8/29/2006, 10:32 PM

aTm appears to have a dual theme OOC schedule this year - 1)giving the state of Louisiana something for which to cheer (they might get a win) and 2) Military Academy Appreciation Tour

Of course, the fact all 4 teams should be easy wins and might cool off Fran's behind has nothing to do with it.

boomrsoonr
8/30/2006, 12:01 AM
I feel sorry for SHS. He'll probably screw up again and the NCAA will make them give up football for tiddlywinks.

Salt City Sooner
8/30/2006, 01:07 AM

In fairness to them, they did have FSU scheduled for this year, but they 'noles backed out when the ACC expanded.