PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Pin Positions

IB4OU2
8/28/2006, 10:22 AM
I played on my home course yesterday right after they had some kind of superintendent tourney. Every hole location was set in some horrible locations on the greens. I'm talking on a hill, 2 feet from from the fringe on every frickin' green. I know this added about 6-8 strokes to my score and Btw, I blame 4Life for that. :mad:

picasso
8/28/2006, 10:30 AM
I like it when they put the pin off the green.

IB4OU2
8/28/2006, 10:37 AM

Then Pic you would have loved CT's set-up yesterday.

Hamhock
8/28/2006, 10:43 AM
I'm just thankful you didn't make a hole-in-one.

Mjcpr
8/28/2006, 11:10 AM
I think Hairy is mad at me.

IB4OU2
8/28/2006, 11:15 AM
I think Hairy is mad at me.

yea, me too........I can't help it if 4 of a kind beats a straight. :P

Newbomb Turk
8/28/2006, 11:17 AM

Played one of those Saturday at Fairfax in Edmond. Temporary green. The bastages didn't even shave the grass where the temp green was or put in a larger hole.

OU4LIFE
8/28/2006, 11:32 AM
It's called a superintendents revenge. They tip out the tees and put the pins in stupid spots, on slopes where the ball won't stop, on the edge of the green, etc....

I thought it was fun...if I had not doubled the first two holes, I could have posted a nice score. Everyone in our group shot 80 or higher. Good times...it was fun.

and four of a kind does indeed beat an Ace high flush. Every time. The thing is when you catch the nut flush on the flop like that, you rarely EVER get sucked out on with 4 of a kind.

Nice hand for you though.

and for the record, I'm not mad at squeek, I just hate her.

BeetDigger
8/28/2006, 12:36 PM

About 30 feet in front of the green is perfect, since that is where my approach shot usually lands.

crawfish
8/28/2006, 12:39 PM
The 7-10 split SUCKS. :mad:

IB4OU2
8/28/2006, 02:13 PM
It's called a superintendents revenge. They tip out the tees and put the pins in stupid spots, on slopes where the ball won't stop, on the edge of the green, etc....

I thought it was fun...if I had not doubled the first two holes, I could have posted a nice score. Everyone in our group shot 80 or higher. Good times...it was fun.

and four of a kind does indeed beat an Ace high flush. Every time. The thing is when you catch the nut flush on the flop like that, you rarely EVER get sucked out on with 4 of a kind.

Nice hand for you though.

and for the record, I'm not mad at squeek, I just hate her.

Oh sorry, I thought it was a straight......I guess I was too busy drinking beer and counting my chips. ;)

btw, GM and I tied for 1st.

NormanPride
8/28/2006, 02:20 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about contortionist wrestlers... :(

1stTimeCaller
8/28/2006, 02:55 PM
nobody has done a copy-cat thread yet?

weak people, weak.