PDA

View Full Version : So scar tissue tears off way easier than I thought it would

royalfan5
8/27/2006, 10:38 PM
So I decided to rip some scar tissue off my knuckles, and it was way easier than I thought. However, I should have located band-aids before did it though, because finding ban-aids seem to be much harder when your bleeding all over yourself.

olevetonahill
8/27/2006, 10:50 PM
so you wanted scabs instead of scars ?

royalfan5
8/27/2006, 10:54 PM
so you wanted scabs instead of scars ?
The build-up was kind of in the way, I think I got a splinter of some sort lodged there and the build-up was in bad spot. Some I figured if I tore the whole thing off, it might heal back flatter.

olevetonahill
8/27/2006, 11:01 PM
I see
Yrs ago I was building a barn . stepped on a pole barn nail, thru the boot sole into the foot . for yrs I could be walking bare foot in the house and step on some thing in that spot on my foot. and it would bout make me **** my pants :eek: . I finally sat down with a knife and needle and dug and gut till I opened that sucker up , squeezed till nothing else came out ,, ( there was a small piece of my boot sole in there . pus and blood and sole . in 3 days the dam thing was well and never bothered me again
so good luck

bri
8/27/2006, 11:12 PM
So I decided to rip some scar tissue off my knuckles, and it was way easier than I thought. However, I should have located band-aids before did it though, because finding ban-aids seem to be much harder when your bleeding all over yourself.

You know, sometimes you seem really, REALLY smart. And then, at times like this, you seem...less than smart.

Congratulations! You're one of us! :D

royalfan5
8/27/2006, 11:18 PM
You know, sometimes you seem really, REALLY smart. And then, at times like this, you seem...less than smart.

Congratulations! You're one of us! :D
I was hit in the head alot when I was younger.

bri
8/27/2006, 11:20 PM
I was hit in the head alot when I was younger.

Could have been worse. You could have been hit in the head a lot. :D

StoopTroup
8/28/2006, 01:37 AM
Let us know if it works on circumcisions. ;)

olevetonahill
8/28/2006, 03:06 AM
Let us know if it works on circumcisions. ;)
As sore dicked as you must be and you WANT another prob ?:eek: :eek:

8/28/2006, 05:31 AM
...I finally sat down with a knife and needle and dug and gut till I opened that sucker up , squeezed till nothing else came out ,, ( there was a small piece of my boot sole in there . pus and blood and sole.

http://www.grossschechter.org/images/story-time-2005-2-WEB.gif

Grandpa, tell us another one, PLEEEAAAASSSEEEE???

Oldnslo
8/28/2006, 10:06 AM
Um. When skin is damaged, it gets replaced with scar tissue. Now, scar tissue is pretty good stuff, but it isn't skin. It isn't as elastic; it doesn't have sweat or hair glands... but it's still the next best thing.

So, you're going to get more scar tissue. Because that's all you can have.

Keloid scarring happens when the skin fails to "shut off" the healing process and the body produces more tissue than needed to heal the wound. It's a genetic thing.

So, in short, if you hurt yourself, you get scar tissue, even if it's to replace scar tissue, and if you're prone to keloid scarring, you will be prone to keloid scarring no matter how many times you rip off pieces of yourself.

YWIA

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2006, 10:09 AM
http://www.shanghaiist.com/attachments/shang_dan/The_More_You_Know.jpg

picasso
8/28/2006, 10:14 AM
go swimming.

that's how my finger got better (it had black dead skin on it after my surgery).
stuff just came off itself.

Osce0la
8/28/2006, 10:15 AM
Could have been worse. You could have been hit in the head a lot. :D
So which is actually worse? Getting hit in the head "alot" or getting hit in the head "a lot"?

Osce0la
8/28/2006, 10:16 AM
go swimming.

that's how my finger got better (it had black dead skin on it after my surgery).
stuff just came off itself.
But make sure it's a public pool...You don't want the black dead skin floating around in your own pool, that'd be gross...

picasso
8/28/2006, 10:17 AM
But make sure it's a public pool...You don't want the black dead skin floating around in your own pool, that'd be gross...
no no, you swim a bit and then soak in the sun. comes off then.:D