PDA

View Full Version : So, how did your Fantasy Football draft go?

Sooner98
8/27/2006, 09:53 PM
I'm pretty satisfied with mine...of course, that's what I say every year, shortly before half my team goes down with season-ending injuries. I'm in a league with twelve guys, so the teams are a little more watered-down than say, a league with eight teams. (I drafted sixth). I think I'm pretty solid at QB and RB, but I'm pretty worried about depth at WR.

My top two QB's: M. Hasselbeck and B. Leftwich
Top two RB's: Rudi Johnson and Cadillac Williams
Top two WR's : Randi Moss and Donald Driver

Considering my position in the draft, I did about as good as I could have at RB and QB. Moss was a high risk/high reward pick, so hopefully he will pan out.

Sooner98
8/27/2006, 11:46 PM
Hmm...guess I'm the only one who plays FF. :O

Stanley1
8/27/2006, 11:55 PM
Could have gone better. Felt like I was always reacting to other people's picks all night long.

QB: Eli Manning / Brunell
RB: Gordan / Mike Anderson
RB: Thomas Jones / Barlow
WR: Santana Moss / Clayton
WR: Houshmadzada(sp) / Bruce
TE: Miller / Klopfenstein
K: Vinatieri
DST: Chicago

critical_phil
8/27/2006, 11:56 PM
my draft isn't until thursday night.

i haven't studied up on it too much yet. i seems to me that if you got 2 RB's that are gonna be week-in/week-out starters, you're doing pretty good.

Stanley1
8/27/2006, 11:58 PM
my draft isn't until thursday night.

i haven't studied up on it too much yet. i seems to me that if you got 2 RB's that are gonna be week-in/week-out starters, you're doing pretty good.

Yep, and they go fast.

critical_phil
8/28/2006, 12:06 AM
Yep, and they go fast.

yeah, well there's a lot of teams that don't seem to know who their starter is going to be.

there's a bunch of mediocre teams in the NFL this year.

pb4ou
8/28/2006, 12:09 AM
I'm taking a year off of FFB this season. I'm still doing the pick'em contests though.

Harry Beanbag
8/28/2006, 06:03 AM
I had two drafts this weekend. The wife didn't seem to be as excited as I was for some reason.

10 team league
QB: Hasselbeck/Roethlisberger
RB: Clinton Portis
RB: Willie Parker
WR: Torry Holt
WR: Chris Chambers
WR: Javon Walker
TE: Ben Watson
K: Tynes
D: Dolphins

12 team league
QB: Roethlisberger/Brees
RB: Tiki Barber
RB: Fred Taylor/Reggie Bush
WR: Anquan Boldin
WR: Santana Moss
K: Akers
D: Giants

I never have a good feel for how these things go. Last year I felt like my drafts were just horrible, but I ended up winning the Super Bowl in both leagues I play in. It's just a starting point.

Newbomb Turk
8/28/2006, 06:54 AM
Ours is Thursday evening. Guess I'd better start putting a list together.

Hatfield
8/28/2006, 08:34 AM
the idiots i am playing with set the draft for 330 on saturday.

i reminded the whorn idiot who set it that it is going to happen shortly after their game and shortly before ours....and that begged the question as to whether anyone would be sober enough to draft.

Spray
8/28/2006, 09:59 AM
I have one on Thursday- its a keeper league and I'm stumped. I already have P. Manning and Clinton Portis. We can keep two players. I'm pretty sure I'll hold on to Manning, but should I keep Portis as well? I know if I drop him he'll come back strong, but if I keep him the shoulder will bother him all year and Duckett will take away half his TDs.

What would you do?

NormanPride
8/28/2006, 11:02 AM
I got drafted for by proxy, but I like my team. The fun for me is in the management of said team, anyway.

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Chad Johnson
WR: Plaxico Burress
RB: Clinton Portis (injured, I know, but he should be good to go soon)
RB: Brian Westbrook
TE: Jason Witten
WR/RB: Julius Jones
K: Jeff Wilkins (Rams)
Def: Tampa Bay

Pretty sweet, and I have Matt Jones as a backup for when WRs have a bye.

OU4LIFE
8/28/2006, 11:23 AM
I had two drafts this weekend. The wife didn't seem to be as excited as I was for some reason.

10 team league
QB: Hasselbeck/Roethlisberger
RB: Clinton Portis
RB: Willie Parker
WR: Torry Holt
WR: Chris Chambers
WR: Javon Walker
K: Tynes
D: Dolphins

12 team league
QB: Roethlisberger/Brees
RB: Tiki Barber
RB: Fred Taylor/Reggie Bush
WR: Anquan Boldin
WR: Santana Moss
K: Akers
D: Giants

I never have a good feel for how these things go. Last year I felt like my drafts were just horrible, but I ended up winning the Super Bowl in both leagues I play in. It's just a starting point.

Your pick of Fred Taylor just got better this morning with the report of Greg Jones being out for the season. His value went up if he can stya healthy, but you better pick up Drew-Jones just in case.

We draft Wed night.

1stTimeCaller
8/28/2006, 11:25 AM
I got Jenna Jameson as my tight end

clambe00
8/28/2006, 11:25 AM
thats cool

NormanPride
8/28/2006, 11:31 AM

I heard she's good at the point of attack.

Hatfield
8/28/2006, 12:38 PM

you might draft someone else...she hasn't been a tight end in years.

Newbomb Turk
8/28/2006, 12:38 PM
Your pick of Fred Taylor just got better this morning with the report of Greg Jones being out for the season. His value went up if he can stay healthy, but you better pick up Drew-Jones just in case.

Big "IF".

OU4LIFE
8/28/2006, 12:39 PM
true that, they moved her to WR after year 2.

Spray
8/28/2006, 12:43 PM
I have one on Thursday- its a keeper league and I'm stumped. I already have P. Manning and Clinton Portis. We can keep two players. I'm pretty sure I'll hold on to Manning, but should I keep Portis as well? I know if I drop him he'll come back strong, but if I keep him the shoulder will bother him all year and Duckett will take away half his TDs.

What would you do?

Let's try this again. Any suggestions?

JohnnyMack
8/28/2006, 12:54 PM
I'd keep him.

From what I hear he'll be back for week 1.

You should be able to pick up Duckett in the 4th or 5th round as an insurance policy. Duckett is a REAL reach for someone if they don't have Portis.

Sooner98
8/28/2006, 01:08 PM

What would you do?

Definitely keep Portis. Who else do you have that you might keep instead?

Spray
8/28/2006, 02:18 PM
Lamont Jordan or Rudi Johnson. However, if I give them up, they would probably still be available to me in my draft position. I have nothing to lose by not protecting them. Manning and Portis are certain 1st Rounders (Manning maybe an early 2 depending on the league) so if I keep one or both I have my number ones at RB and QB. I can then start my draft with another RB or a WR.

Of course, draft position is a gamble, depending on what everyone else does. By keeping Manning and Portis I lose my first 2 picks. But of course, anybody else who holds on to players also loses picks, so it may be a wash.

I'm cornfused.

NormanPride
8/28/2006, 02:30 PM
Keep him and if you don't like Portis, or have the opportunity to pick up another good back, use him as trading fodder.

Newbomb Turk
8/28/2006, 02:47 PM
I'd keep Rudi Johnson before Portis, but that's just me.

Salt City Sooner
8/28/2006, 03:28 PM
Drafted 6th out of 10. My team:

QB's- Delhomme & Plummer

RB's- Steven Jackson, Cadillac Williams, Frank Gore, Joseph Addai, Kevan Barlow (had Dayne but picked up Barlow when he got traded)

WR's- Chris Chambers, Roy Williams, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Derrick Mason, Keyshawn Johnson

TE- Ben Watson

K- Lawrence Tynes

Defense- Pittsburgh

I'm pretty happy with it.

Harry Beanbag
8/28/2006, 05:18 PM
Lamont Jordan or Rudi Johnson. However, if I give them up, they would probably still be available to me in my draft position. I have nothing to lose by not protecting them. Manning and Portis are certain 1st Rounders (Manning maybe an early 2 depending on the league) so if I keep one or both I have my number ones at RB and QB. I can then start my draft with another RB or a WR.

Of course, draft position is a gamble, depending on what everyone else does. By keeping Manning and Portis I lose my first 2 picks. But of course, anybody else who holds on to players also loses picks, so it may be a wash.

I'm cornfused.

I franchised Portis for this year event though he was injured. The opportunity he has this year is just too great to pass up. Loads of speed and talent coupled with Al Saunders for his new OC equals giant numbers...assuming he's healthy of course.

Harry Beanbag
8/28/2006, 05:22 PM
Your pick of Fred Taylor just got better this morning with the report of Greg Jones being out for the season. His value went up if he can stya healthy, but you better pick up Drew-Jones just in case.

We draft Wed night.

Yeah, I'm rolling the dice a bit with Taylor and Bush. I'm a big fan of Taylor when he's healthy. But I picked him up in the 9th round in both drafts so I'm not too worried about it. I'm thinking one of my first free agent pickups will be LaBrandon Toefield though. ;)