PDA

View Full Version : Update on Richetti Jones tonight!!!!!!! read...

The Consumate Showman
8/27/2006, 04:05 PM
Well, it seems that RJ might be coming to his senses after all.

RJ will NOT, repeat NOT, be declaring on FSN tonight after all. RJ new story is that he will decide later and may not do it on TV after all.

I think this may perhaps be good news for sooner fans out there because this could be a sign that RJ is having cold feet, even though he says that is not the case.

He is saying that he was not comfortable with the TV format and the questions or some BS... To me, this is an indicator that Boone isn't offereing enought money for him to come to lOSUr and jeopardize his career versus the possibilities of coming to OU, playing right away on a mammoth D and getting MUCH more natioanl exposure than if he went to lOSUr. I mean, for gawd's sake, just show him the Miami game next year and he SHOULD be pumped if he is all that.

I'll see what if anything, poeple are saying now. out.

snp
8/28/2006, 03:13 PM
I'm not holding my breath on this one. He's barely given us a chance.

The Consumate Showman
8/28/2006, 05:49 PM
I'm not holding my breath on this one. He's barely given us a chance.

Well, most people close to him seem to think that it's between lOSUr and us. He would be a good pickup for us, though I don't like all of this drama crap going on with his decision...

Desert Sapper
8/28/2006, 09:50 PM
Why would he play right away on our D-Line? Help me, Showman. Alonzo Dotson and John Williams should (hopefully) be back next year. He can try to work himself into the rotation, but guaranteed PT is probably a stretch for a true frosh next year. Unless you know something about this kid that I don't (like he's the second coming of Dan Cody/Cedric Jones/Kevin Murphy/Rick Bryan all rolled into one)...

The Consumate Showman
8/29/2006, 10:09 AM
Well, we aren't going to have that great depth @ DE next year like we have this year and IF, and granted that's a big IF, but it he is as good as advertised, maybe he can make a push to get on the DL and contibute. Now start, NO WAY. But get into the rotation, you never know...

SgtSooner
8/30/2006, 03:49 PM
We need him badly due to the depth issue next year. He would be a great addition if we can convince him that an old high school love can be replace with a Sooner beauty and oh yes winning football.

GottaHavePride
8/31/2006, 04:52 PM
I know it's partially the fault of the media, but I really dislike when kids make such a big deal about their choice of a school. Added to that is that most of them that seem to draw so much media attention wind up being busts in college (for reference: Moe Dampeer and XLK.)

The Consumate Showman
8/31/2006, 06:37 PM
I know it's partially the fault of the media, but I really dislike when kids make such a big deal about their choice of a school. Added to that is that most of them that seem to draw so much media attention wind up being busts in college (for reference: Moe Dampeer and XLK.)

amen. well said.