PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Gameplan?

Indy Sooner
8/27/2006, 12:18 PM
I am considering taking the plunge this season... any thoughts relative to the value contained for one's $109?

Also, I can't find any clear information on the ESPN website regarding the "GamePlan TV" vs. the "GamePlan Online" products. What I'm curious about is if a subscription to the TV version automatically allows one access to whatever the "Online" product contains?

Thanks,

Blues1
8/27/2006, 12:37 PM
Here's what I know....IF you have Time Warner cable - phone - Internet Service you can get ESPN Game Plan for $50.00 before Sept 1st...Same as $109.00 version

I'm Pretty sure all the Games you get will be the same no matter What part of the Country you live in...They take all Tv games being played that weekend and let you see what you want....The Last 2 years I've seen every OU game played from California....Something I wouldn't get with regular cable.

This Year -- I don't know IF I will get the Middle Tenn game ..?? - Since I understand it's going to be a "pay per view" and not sure what extra IF any I will have to pay..???

I Like It...You'll see a lot of games you wouldn't normally get....plus just about every OU game and hopefully all of them....

Still R'

Blue
8/27/2006, 12:49 PM
I can't live without Gameplan. It's like air to me.

I'd pay $500 for it.

OK2LA
8/27/2006, 12:51 PM
I am considering taking the plunge this season... any thoughts relative to the value contained for one's $109?
Also, I can't find any clear information on the ESPN website regarding the "GamePlan TV" vs. the "GamePlan Online" products. What I'm curious about is if a subscription to the TV version automatically allows one access to whatever the "Online" product contains?
Thanks,

Do you love college football? I do. This is why I got the gameplan. (I love football- period. That's why I also have the nfl sunday ticket, and have 4/5 t.v.'s in my front room during football season - did I mention that I was single?)

At any rate, I can't help you out in regards to the gameplan & the ppv schedule of games. The gameplan has a schedule that comes out the week before.

There are games that you can't get via gameplan, and that are avail through the ppv. Those games are generally about $24.99 per game.

Not sure if this helps at all,

Breast of luck.

westcoast_sooner
8/27/2006, 10:35 PM
I live on the West Coast and didn't miss a single OU game last year because of Game Plan and the Fox coverage. And I got to watch so much college football (my wife calls it 'waste so much time on Saturdays') last year, she's buying it for me again this year!!!

PDXsooner
8/28/2006, 12:13 AM
i got it last year, and it was more than worth it. instead of being subjected to the horrible pac-10 regional games, i got to watch big 12 games every week on abc.

however, there is still no cure for the fact that fox sports will pull away from a close big 12 game to catch the kickoff of some regional pac 10 game...pathetic.

ADs_Agent
8/28/2006, 12:17 AM
there is a little place in Oklahoma called Buffalo Wild Wings, they always have the game if it's on a channel somewhere so grab some wings and ice cold pepsi and enjoy the game.

tanjou
8/28/2006, 04:25 AM
Will gameplan have the season opener this weekend? If so, I'll drop the cash right now.

MarylandSooner
8/28/2006, 05:37 AM
tanjou, you can catch this weeks game on TBS at 6:00 p.m. central time. I am wrong someone smack me.

tanjou
8/28/2006, 05:44 AM
I could, sure, except I don't live in the U.S.

PDXsooner
8/28/2006, 10:26 AM
it won't pick up the tbs game. it will pick up all regional abc games and some other regional sports networks that you don't get in your area. but it won't pick up the tbs game, i know that.

sooner518
8/28/2006, 10:40 AM
my roommate and I are thinking about going with gameplan. We live in Denver so I suspect we will be able to see most OU games. if its only 50 bucks though, man that might be worth it.