PDA

View Full Version : The ICEMAN Chuck Liddell knocked Bobalu Sobral the F out

usmc-sooner
8/27/2006, 11:36 AM
wasn't even a competitive fight. He had Sobral knocked silly in about minute.

Sobral didn't even know what was happening. After the ref stopped the fight, he started trying to wrestle the ref.

I guess the iceman fights Ortiz or Sylva next.

Forrest Griffin also defeated Bonner.

usmc-sooner
8/27/2006, 11:54 AM
the first fight was pretty good as well although I had never heard of those guys

Hatfield
8/27/2006, 12:07 PM
as a ref you have to think you made the right call to stop a fight when the dude starts putting you in a leg bar.

Rhino
8/27/2006, 01:42 PM
You can watch the whole 1:48 here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5swFT2MdFI)

KC//CRIMSON
8/27/2006, 04:45 PM
Liddell vs Silva has been cancelled due to the fact that it was bullshi* to begin with. Dana White is a punk and money monger.

Doesn't really matter, Silva would have beat the living shi* out of Liddell.

usmc-sooner
8/27/2006, 04:57 PM
Liddell vs Silva has been cancelled due to the fact that it was bullshi* to begin with. Dana White is a punk and money monger.

Doesn't really matter, Silva would have beat the living shi* out of Liddell.

really when did this happen because they were talking on PPV about Liddell and Sylva.

Sylva is good but I just don't put him as high up as you. He's gotten his *** kicked a few times. Twice by 2 people that Liddell KO'd. I really don't ever count out a someone who is heavy handed like Chuck.

Either way I think it would have been a good fight, who do you think will win if Tito and Chuck square off again?

Plus last night they announced yet another Shamrock vs Ortiz fight. Enough is enough.

KC//CRIMSON
8/27/2006, 05:29 PM
really when did this happen because they were talking on PPV about Liddell and Sylva.

Sylva is good but I just don't put him as high up as you. He's gotten his *** kicked a few times. Twice by 2 people that Liddell KO'd. I really don't ever count out a someone who is heavy handed like Chuck.

Either way I think it would have been a good fight, who do you think will win if Tito and Chuck square off again?

Plus last night they announced yet another Shamrock vs Ortiz fight. Enough is enough.

Yeah, Joe Rogain has no idea what he's talking about. The fight was cancelled weeks ago. From what I read, it sounded like a contract couldn't be made. Apparently UFC doesn't pay as well as Pride, and Silva is not going to work for cheap.

I also stand by what I said in earlier threads - http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72713&page=3&highlight=silva

Across the board Pride has by far the better fighters. Especially in the Middleweight division and certainly in the Heavyweight division. And if you want to talk about guys who Chuck has knocked out that beat Wandy when he was a kid that's cool, but go back and look at that Chuck vs Rampage video. Rampage damn near put Chuck in the hospital (for real) and Wandy has beaten Rampage twice (badly by the way) so tic for tac.

If you want to see what a real heavyweight looks like, go to youtube and find the Fedor vs Cro-Cop video. Both of those guys could beat anyone on any day in the UFC. Anyone.:cool:

Sooner_Bob
8/27/2006, 06:49 PM
Dude you are so lucky I found the torrent file for this before I saw your thread.

Spoilers!!!

Sooner_Bob
8/27/2006, 06:57 PM
I hadn't heard about the bout being cancelled . . . dang, I was looking forward to that thing.

Here's a link: http://lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=1632

usmc-sooner
8/27/2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah, Joe Rogain has no idea what he's talking about. The fight was cancelled weeks ago. From what I read, it sounded like a contract couldn't be made. Apparently UFC doesn't pay as well as Pride, and Silva is not going to work for cheap.

Sylva came to the UFC because in his words he wanted to fight the best and he dropped a challenge to Chuck Liddell, and now he's backing out because of money? It's not like Chuck went to Pride and called him out. Sounds like Sylva isn't as confident in himself as you are.

He can say it's about the money all he wants but if he were to beat Liddell the money will definately come. It sounds like a way to drop a challenge think about it, and back out and use money as an excuse.

I've never been one to think Liddell would manhandle I even thought there was a good chance Chuck would lose. But that's pretty chicken sh*t of Sylva. Anyone with half a brain knows that by beating Chuck now at the top of his game would bring in the money. Regardless of who beat who in the past nobody knows because they've never met in the ring.

I_SMELL_FEAR
8/27/2006, 09:01 PM
From what I heard when Silva announced it at the last UFC, he didnt necessarily say he wanted to FIGHT CHUCK...sounded more like...well...whatever.

tbl
8/28/2006, 12:11 AM
Fedor and Cro-Cop would DEFINITELY dominate the heavyweights in the UFC. No doubt about it. I still think Matt Hughes might be able to handle anybody from Pride in his weightclass. That dude is a machine.

Thanks Rhino for posting that!

So who won the Griffin/Bonnar fight???? Link to the fight?

tbl
8/28/2006, 12:12 AM
BTW, I hope Liddell beats the everloving snot out of Ortiz again, if Tito gets a shot...

Even though it's tired, I still want to see Ortiz/Shamrock 3. I hope Ken can at least make a fight out of this one...

tbl
8/28/2006, 12:14 AM
Nevermind on the Griffin/Bonnar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK--Vx0gxPA

critical_phil
8/28/2006, 12:18 AM
I hope Ken can at least make a fight out of this one...

and i'm hoping to hit the lotto...........

tbl
8/28/2006, 12:32 AM
What a loser fight between those two... I suppose it'd be hard to live up to their previous one, but come ON.

KC//CRIMSON
8/28/2006, 09:16 AM
Sylva came to the UFC because in his words he wanted to fight the best and he dropped a challenge to Chuck Liddell, and now he's backing out because of money? It's not like Chuck went to Pride and called him out. Sounds like Sylva isn't as confident in himself as you are.

He can say it's about the money all he wants but if he were to beat Liddell the money will definately come. It sounds like a way to drop a challenge think about it, and back out and use money as an excuse.

I've never been one to think Liddell would manhandle I even thought there was a good chance Chuck would lose. But that's pretty chicken sh*t of Sylva. Anyone with half a brain knows that by beating Chuck now at the top of his game would bring in the money. Regardless of who beat who in the past nobody knows because they've never met in the ring.

Wandy never dropped anything. Dana White is not going to pay the amount of cash to a Pride champion that they are normally paid for an event of this size/magnitude. Read the comments here after the article. They are pretty much spot on. http://lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=1632

Honestly, I think you've got this go USA attitude which is fine, to each his own.:cool: But for the fans who follow both UFC and Pride, they know which organazation is stronger and has the better fighters. And believe me, Dana White knows it too. http://lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=1627

OU4LIFE
8/28/2006, 09:45 AM
I think FEAR had it right, Silva showed up and plainly stated that he wanted to f*ck Chuck....So I think when he found out it was supposed to be a fight he changed his mind. :D

Canyonero
8/28/2006, 01:08 PM
I worried about that fight taking place, w/ it being so close to FC Absolute.
Chuck gets Bobalu, and 6 weeks off. Silva gets Cro Cop, possibly Nog/Josh Barnett and only 4 weeks off.

tbl
8/28/2006, 01:20 PM
If Pride would incorporate the octagon, I'd be all over it. I don't know why, but I really like the eight sided ring with the chain link fence.

If Pride can come to the states and get a TV deal like UFC has with Spike, they probably will dominate. Especially when some of the UFC names make the move over to Pride (or they become obsolete b/c the Pride guys totally dominate them).

I'm sick of Dana White, and I think it'd be good to have Pride come over and open things up a bit...

KC//CRIMSON
8/28/2006, 03:17 PM
I worried about that fight taking place, w/ it being so close to FC Absolute.
Chuck gets Bobalu, and 6 weeks off. Silva gets Cro Cop, possibly Nog/Josh Barnett and only 4 weeks off.

And supposedly, the winner of the FC Absolute is going to get a title shot with Fedor.

Either way, Wandy is going to need a lot longer than four weeks off after dancing with those two/three guys.;)

usmc-sooner
8/28/2006, 04:55 PM
Wandy never dropped anything. Dana White is not going to pay the amount of cash to a Pride champion that they are normally paid for an event of this size/magnitude. Read the comments here after the article. They are pretty much spot on. http://lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=1632

Honestly, I think you've got this go USA attitude which is fine, to each his own.:cool: But for the fans who follow both UFC and Pride, they know which organazation is stronger and has the better fighters. And believe me, Dana White knows it too. http://lockflow.com/article_view.php?id=1627

I don't care either way, I've said Wandy had more than a good chance to beat Chuck. I'm just dissappointed the fight won't take place.

Sooner_Bob
9/13/2006, 06:13 PM
I just watched Crocop vs. Silva . . . all I can say is ho-lee crap.

usmc-sooner
9/13/2006, 07:02 PM
where do you guys watch Pride?

I must be missing out. All I see is what KC//Crimson links from Youtube.

Sooner_Bob
9/13/2006, 07:07 PM
PPV was on Sunday.

Also, Bittorrent is your friend.

KC//CRIMSON
9/13/2006, 07:11 PM
FSN has Pride fighting playbacks every week. I think it's on Monday nights.

KC//CRIMSON
9/13/2006, 07:13 PM
I just watched Crocop vs. Silva . . . all I can say is ho-lee crap.

sill think Liddell would take Silva?:D

BTW. Cro-Cop could beat anyone in UFC. Anyone.

usmc-sooner
9/13/2006, 07:13 PM
KC

where do they get these guys, the UFC and Pride do they have like a minor league?

usmc-sooner
9/13/2006, 07:14 PM

Oh I think the longer the fight goes the more Silva's going to win but I still give Liddell a puncher's chance. That's really all I've ever been trying to say.

tbl
9/13/2006, 07:33 PM
Cro Cop is good, but he ain't the champ.

Sooner_Bob
9/13/2006, 08:19 PM

Yep, I do actually think Chuck could take Silva, but not Cro-Cop . . . I think he'd knock Chuck out.

I still have to watch Barnett vs. Cro-Cop in the finals . . . so no spoilers please.

KC//CRIMSON
9/13/2006, 08:21 PM
Cro Cop is good, but he ain't the champ.

True. But Cro-Cop is one of a few that have gone the distance with Fedor. I saw that fight and Fedor was just a bit too much for CC.

On the other hand, Cro-Cop would destroy any heavyweight in the UFC. He would knock Tim Sylvia silly, and I would pay to see it.:cool:

Sooner_Bob
9/13/2006, 08:29 PM
On the other hand, Cro-Cop would destroy any heavyweight in the UFC. He would knock Tim Sylvia silly, and I would pay to see it.:cool:

I would have to agree with this . . . I have a feeling Mark Coleman is gonna get pwned in October.

I would so love to see a Fedor vs. Bas Rutten match . . . or a Cro-Cop vs. Bas match for that matter.

KC//CRIMSON
9/13/2006, 09:01 PM
Yep, I do actually think Chuck could take Silva, but not Cro-Cop . . . I think he'd knock Chuck out.

I still have to watch Barnett vs. Cro-Cop in the finals . . . so no spoilers please.

Wandy is now 1-1 against Cro-Cop. You gotta remember Wandy is a middleweight and Cro-Cop is a heavyweight. Take away Cro-Cops legs and he's an average fighter. He's known for those kicks. Dude kicks like a mule on PCP.:D

I really hope Wandy vs Chuck happens sometime in the future. Before either get too old and past their prime.

Sooner_Bob
9/13/2006, 09:52 PM
Wandy is now 1-1 against Cro-Cop. You gotta remember Wandy is a middleweight and Cro-Cop is a heavyweight. Take away Cro-Cops legs and he's an average fighter. He's known for those kicks. Dude kicks like a mule on PCP.:D

I really hope Wandy vs Chuck happens sometime in the future. Before either get too old and past their prime.

Oh I know . . . the size difference can definitely play a difference.

So why in the world are we gonna be subjected to Shamrock/Ortiz 3? At least it's gonna be free. As much as I'd love to see Ken go out on a win, I have a feeling he's not going anywhere no matter what.

Did you get to watch any of the WFA King of the Streets?

Linden vs. Jackson was a great match.

tbl
9/13/2006, 10:08 PM
Take away his legs and he's an average fighter? Take away Gracies submissions and he's not even a fighter. That's what the dude has, and he's a beast.

I agree that Cro cop would beat anybody in the UFC. How much more would Fedor massacre those guys.

Sooner_Bob
9/15/2006, 10:29 AM
Barnett vs. Cro Cop in the finals was a decent enough fight, but would've definitely been better if both would've had more time to recover. I think Barnett got beat because his eye was already swollen going into the fight and Cro Cop hit him a ton of times and closed that baby right up.

I hope both men are able to fight on the Pride card scheduled for Vegas in October.

I'll have to admit, I'm really startin' to dig the Pride promotion. The Japanese fanfare is really cool.

KC//CRIMSON
9/17/2006, 06:41 PM
where do you guys watch Pride?

I must be missing out. All I see is what KC//Crimson links from Youtube.

It's on FSN right now.:cool:

They just showed Cro-Cop and Randleman