PDA

View Full Version : I am Packing!!!

Mongo
8/26/2006, 09:44 PM
a new piece. I just recently bought a new handgun and I am not familiar with OK laws on handgun transportation/carrying it in your truck. I know that there are some law ****** *******s on this board, and what do I need to know to avoid getting thrown in the cornholer?

TIA

sanantoniosooner
8/26/2006, 09:46 PM
Tuck it under your buckle.

Fear = Respect

Mongo
8/26/2006, 09:50 PM
Tuck it under your buckle.

Fear = Respect

I am talking about my gun.

Perv:D

GottaHavePride
8/26/2006, 09:51 PM
Summary off the NRA-ILA site. http://nraila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=OK

It is unlawful for any person, except for peace officers on duty, to carry a firearm upon or about his person, or in any container, except for purposes of hunting, fishing, education or recreation or by a valid Concealed Carry License ("CCL").

A person is permitted to carry firearms open and not concealed when hunting, during safety class, target shooting, for a military function, for a police function, or for entertainment events or historical reenactments.

A person is permitted to carry unloaded firearms open and not concealed when going to or from the person`s private residence or vehicle, or to a gun shop, gun show, or hunting, target shooting, or other sporting activity.

A person may transport an unloaded firearm openly in a motor vehicle at any time. It is unlawful to carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle, though a rifle or shotgun with the clip or magazine loaded may be carried with the chamber empty in an exterior locked compartment or trunk, or in the interior of the vehicle if the person has a valid CCL.

It is unlawful for any person other than the owner, proprietor, or a peace officer to possess a firearm in any establishment where alcoholic beverages are consumed. A person with a valid CCL may carry a firearm onto premises where alcohol is sold, provided that the sale of alcohol is not the primary business.

It is unlawful to carry a firearm for the purpose of unlawfully injuring another person.

It is unlawful to carry or use firearms while under the influence of alcohol, any unprescribed drug, or any prescribed drug that could cause abnormal behavior.

It is unlawful to act recklessly so as to cause unreasonable risk or threat of harm to another while in possession of a firearm.

So, as long as it's unloaded you should be ok.

SoonerBorn68
8/26/2006, 09:53 PM
Nevermind, I thought you got a new job...

http://thetoque.com/030812/pics/fudgepacker.jpg

Mongo
8/26/2006, 09:57 PM
SB68, that is disgusting, but funny.

A person may transport an unloaded firearm openly in a motor vehicle at any time. It is unlawful to carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle, though a rifle or shotgun with the clip or magazine loaded may be carried with the chamber empty in an exterior locked compartment or trunk, or in the interior of the vehicle if the person has a valid CCL.

What is loaded considered? A mag filled and in the gun with an empty pipe, or one chambered?

royalfan5
8/26/2006, 09:58 PM
should have just got a cross-bow. Less rules and more cool.

Mongo
8/26/2006, 10:01 PM
should have just got a cross-bow. Less rules and more cool.

Only if I could get the special Rambo exploding tips that make a rattlesnake sound when you screw them on

royalfan5
8/26/2006, 10:03 PM
Only if I could get the special Rambo exploding tips that make a rattlesnake sound when you screw them on
I'm sure you can find them on the internet, I don't if their legal to ship though.

SoonerBorn68
8/26/2006, 10:27 PM
SB68, that is disgusting, but funny.

What is loaded considered? A mag filled and in the gun with an empty pipe, or one chambered?

Thanks! :D

My trainee is an ex-cop & he stated that either firearm or ammo must be out of reach of the driver.

I'd just go down and get a concealed carry permit & not worry about it.

BoogercountySooner
8/27/2006, 07:28 AM
For some shooting fun shoot at scarecrow targets they are quite exciting!:)