PDA

View Full Version : cell phone ear thingies part deux

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2006, 07:02 PM
so mrs jk and i are at dinner tonite and seated at the table next to us, is an older couple....probably in their 60's, and they've both got one of those goofy cell phone ear thingies attached to the side of their head

funniest damn thing i've seen in awhile, and by funniest i mean stupidest

ChickSoonerFan
8/26/2006, 07:06 PM
you know they cause brain cancer..don't you?

rebmus
8/26/2006, 07:39 PM
you know they cause brain cancer..don't you?
we can only hope. MOST people that walk around with those "ear thingys" are arrogant/better than thou SOBs anyway.

:pop:

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2006, 07:44 PM
i get the purpose of them when you're in the car

but a couple sitting at a table, both wearing them, it was just funny...i wondered if they werent on a call with each other

when i see one of those.....its as if you've got your handset from the house up next to your ear

mrowl
8/26/2006, 07:49 PM
my wife has found a new use for the bluetooth headset, and I think its valid.

She uses it while holding, or feeding the baby so she can use both hands while talking on the phone.

But she doesn't walk around the house in it (thank gawd)

afs
8/26/2006, 07:51 PM
when i hear conversations like this all i can think of is this picture.

http://www.hillsdale.edu/personal/Westblade/pix/humor/Handfree.jpg

Newbomb Turk
8/26/2006, 08:04 PM
I hate cell phones period - the bluetooth headsets make me hate them even more.

MamaMia
8/26/2006, 09:47 PM
Do they ring?

Skysooner
8/26/2006, 09:57 PM
Mine vibrates, and I only use it in the car. It has been a lifesaver for me when I am talking on the way home. I have a better attention span (and my arm isn't hurting from holding the darn cell phone up to my ear).

Mongo
8/26/2006, 09:59 PM
so mrs jk and i are at dinner tonite and seated at the table next to us, is an older couple....probably in their 60's, and they've both got one of those goofy cell phone ear thingies attached to the side of their head

Those were their new hearing aids you insensitive bastage:D

Blue
8/26/2006, 10:43 PM
I wasn't a fan until I got one. Pretty handy in the car.

I won't wear it outside work.

Scott D
8/27/2006, 12:06 AM
Blue you lie, you wear it to the crapper.

Blue
8/27/2006, 12:10 AM
Blue you lie, you wear it to the crapper.

:D Ahhhh. You got me. It's like a double-echo when I wear it in there.

OCUDad
8/27/2006, 12:12 AM
Mine vibrates, and I only use it in my pants.:eek:

BoogercountySooner
8/27/2006, 07:37 AM
I hate cell phones period - the bluetooth headsets make me hate them even more.

Cell phones are all we use at my new place. The house is wired for the land line but we never had it hooked up. The Bluetooth comes in handy while driving as stated above orn if your working out in the yard you can carry on your bussiness as you work. Multitasking I guess you could say.

That is All!

MamaMia
8/27/2006, 08:52 AM
So, it doesn't actually ring?

mrowl
8/27/2006, 08:55 AM
mine does, it rings with the phone.

MamaMia
8/27/2006, 09:12 AM
mine does, it rings with the phone.I think they would be nice for driving and babysitting, if they actually rang or vibrated, instead of the phone just ringing. What kind do you have?

walkoffsooner
8/27/2006, 09:19 AM
I got behind a guy yesterday at Sams talking spanish on one. He didn't have time to check out, he was telling the cashier to wait a minute. thank god for Lexapro.

StoopTroup
8/27/2006, 02:59 PM
TurboDoushe

Zbird
8/27/2006, 09:18 PM
TurboDoushe

Keep talking like that and you'll get severe bilateral kidney pain!

Can you say turbo sore wee-wee?

opksooner
8/27/2006, 10:02 PM
we can only hope. MOST people that walk around with those "ear thingys" are arrogant/better than thou SOBs anyway.

:pop: .....and on a par with people who walk around carrying a 20oz water bottle. Sheesh, this "staying hydrated" thing is soooooo overdone. Reminds me a 1 year old sporting a milk bottle.

Gimme an industrial strength break!!!

[/hijack]

TopDaugIn2000
8/28/2006, 08:41 AM

why do you hate my parents?!?!?!?!?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

(honestly, my mom just got one and thinks it's the best little thing evar. she told me "I like it, but I need one for the other ear so I'll match" :cool: )