PDA

View Full Version : SI Mailbag

Sooner-N-KS
8/26/2006, 04:06 PM
This is from this weeks Mailbag on SI.com.

After seeing both Oklahoma and Texas practice this fall, which team do you think is going to have the better year, and what's your early prediction for the Red River Rivalry game?
-- Isaiah Bowers, San Diego

You know, one of the main observations I took away from last week's trip was how eerily similar both squads are. Both are going to have phenomenal running games. Both have an overabundance of veteran pass-rushers. Both have extremely fast linebackers. Both have big-time playmakers in the secondary. And both have gigantic question marks at quarterback.

So I hate to cop out, but I don't really see where one has any significant edge over the other. The 'Horns obviously have more proven commodities coming back -- they did win the national championship -- but the Sooners are every bit as talented. I don't know who will win the Red River game, but you can expect both teams to blitz the tar out of each other and for the final score to be something like 13-10.

This sounds like the most honest analysis of OU/UT I've seen this year.

boomrsoonr
8/26/2006, 04:24 PM

Agreed.

fadada1
8/26/2006, 04:33 PM
Agreed.
as long as it favors us:D

randu
8/26/2006, 05:01 PM
This is from this weeks Mailbag on SI.com.

After seeing both Oklahoma and Texas practice this fall, which team do you think is going to have the better year, and what's your early prediction for the Red River Rivalry game?
-- Isaiah Bowers, San Diego

You know, one of the main observations I took away from last week's trip was how eerily similar both squads are. Both are going to have phenomenal running games. Both have an overabundance of veteran pass-rushers. Both have extremely fast linebackers. Both have big-time playmakers in the secondary. And both have gigantic question marks at quarterback.

So I hate to cop out, but I don't really see where one has any significant edge over the other. The 'Horns obviously have more proven commodities coming back -- they did win the national championship -- but the Sooners are every bit as talented. I don't know who will win the Red River game, but you can expect both teams to blitz the tar out of each other and for the final score to be something like 13-10.

I don't really agree with any of this. I think there's a much better analysis at http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76279

FlatheadSooner
8/26/2006, 06:31 PM
Mandell had some good things to say about OU a couple weeks ago after attending one of our scrimmages. I was pleasantly surprised.