PDA

View Full Version : color me confused

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2006, 11:21 AM
i swear i will never get/understand gas prices

i just filled up today at 2.49.....bout peed my pants when i pulled into the gas station

i thought for sure we were headed for $3+ gas prices.......

OUAndy1807
8/26/2006, 11:26 AM
oh no, the pipelines

oh no, the ports in NO

oh no, the rigs in the gulf

News stations suck.

royalfan5
8/26/2006, 11:33 AM
summer driving season is winding down, so demand is slacking. Prices usually break downward this time of year.

Frozen Sooner
8/26/2006, 11:49 AM
^^

Yep.

Plus, while Prudhoe production is down, the OPECers upped their production to take up the slack.

tulsaoilerfan
8/26/2006, 12:29 PM
i look for prices to spike a little this next week with it being labor day weekend, the last traditional get away wknd of the summer

Widescreen
8/26/2006, 01:15 PM
The president of Iran, Samir Nagheenanajar just sneezed. There go the gas prices.

You're welcome.

ChickSoonerFan
8/26/2006, 01:55 PM
Wow. $2.49 is good! I saw $2.59 this afternoon.

OUHOMER
8/26/2006, 02:01 PM
Their running out of excuses. But there a new storm coming. They will have to abandon the rigs in the gulf. Who really knows, We have changed our driving habits to save money, As I am sure most have, maybe it might have an effect in the long run

BajaOklahoma
8/26/2006, 02:14 PM
Hebron and Old Denton Road? I heard about the gas war this morning. Kroger and Valero.
Lucky. I'm so far away it would eat up the savings.

Scott D
8/26/2006, 02:33 PM
They were screwed when someone let it slip that during this entire little crisis recently that our national reserves increased

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2006, 03:56 PM
Hebron and Old Denton Road? I heard about the gas war this morning. Kroger and Valero.
Lucky. I'm so far away it would eat up the savings.

yep, i went to the valero

mrowl
8/26/2006, 03:59 PM
I can finally buy e85, saw there is a new station over at kroger in carrollton.

SicEmBaylor
8/26/2006, 04:25 PM
Question,
Is there a way to buy your gas direct and would it be cheaper? You know instead of having the gas delivered to you just have it delievered to some underground tank you build and cut out the middle man?

royalfan5
8/26/2006, 04:28 PM
Question,
Is there a way to buy your gas direct and would it be cheaper? You know instead of having the gas delivered to you just have it delievered to some underground tank you build and cut out the middle man?
In Nebraska at least farmers and other rural folk could get fuel direct from their co-ops at a discount over retail. The farm diesel isn't taxed in Nebraska either so that is much cheaper too when combined with the co-op discount.

Scott D
8/26/2006, 05:08 PM
I still think that place in Minnesota that has a 'Fuel Bank' has the best idea. There are people there paying less than a buck a gallon because they put a lot of money into that fuel bank years ago.

BudSooner
8/26/2006, 05:44 PM
I still think that place in Minnesota that has a 'Fuel Bank' has the best idea. There are people there paying less than a buck a gallon because they put a lot of money into that fuel bank years ago.

I read about that weeks ago, doesn't it stay locked in at a certain price when you start your membership or account?
That would be a sweet thing to start but i'm sure there are many legal issues to hurdle getting that sort of thing started.

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2006, 05:45 PM
it just hit me, the last time we had a drastic drop in gas prices was just after the media announced that oil companies had an all time high quarterly profit

then they slowly went up, then we had another "all time high profit" announcement, and down they go

royalfan5
8/26/2006, 05:48 PM
it just hit me, the last time we had a drastic drop in gas prices was just after the media announced that oil companies had an all time high quarterly profit

then they slowly went up, then we had another "all time high profit" announcement, and down they go
If it makes you feel any better ethanol prices are plummeting right now. There off 1.40 since the beginning of July.

Scott D
8/26/2006, 05:51 PM
I read about that weeks ago, doesn't it stay locked in at a certain price when you start your membership or account?
That would be a sweet thing to start but i'm sure there are many legal issues to hurdle getting that sort of thing started.

yeah the amount you pay was based upon what the price was at the time you locked in. There were a few people paying like .69/gal, most were paying in the 1.39-1.59/gal range.

BudSooner
8/26/2006, 05:54 PM
More on that gas bank dealio-

http://wapurl.co.uk/?WH2FU6P

Ike
8/26/2006, 08:09 PM

i just filled up today at 2.49.....bout peed my pants when i pulled into the gas station

i thought for sure we were headed for $3+ gas prices.......

Come to chicago. Prices haven't been below 3 bucks since November.

MamaMia
8/26/2006, 09:45 PM

i thought for sure we were headed for $3+ gas prices.......I thought the same thing. Knock on wood. :)

Scott D
8/26/2006, 09:55 PM
Come to chicago. Prices haven't been below 3 bucks since November.

yeah so I enjoyed paying $2.69/gallon.....a whole 300 miles or so away from you :)

SOONER44EVER
8/27/2006, 12:39 AM
Last week I heard Oklahoma had the 8th lowest gas prices in the nation. A couple of years ago we had the lowest. What caused the change?:confused:

BajaOklahoma
8/27/2006, 09:11 AM
yep, i went to the valero

I told my kids as they now live over there. They all filled up too.

jk the sooner fan
8/27/2006, 09:14 AM
then your kids and I are "neighbors"

Blues1
8/27/2006, 11:30 AM
You guy's are the Lucky Ones -- $3.17 for Regular in Southern California and we think thats a good deal.....:confused:

Blues Still R'