PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm going out for a big ol' Egg McMuffin

Okla-homey
8/26/2006, 07:42 AM
ain't had one in a while. Anybody need anything while I'm out?

VeeJay
8/26/2006, 08:31 AM
I'd like an over sized rocking chair for the patio if you see one on the way back.

Okla-homey
8/26/2006, 08:39 AM
I'd like an over sized rocking chair for the patio if you see one on the way back.

I have a mildewed papa-san chair in the garage if you want it. You'll need a new new cushion because a cat had kittens in it oncet.

VeeJay
8/26/2006, 09:51 AM
Don't tell Mrs. VJ - she'd probably take it.

One of her friends moved to Asheville, NC about three months ago. The girl had a VCR she offered my wife, if she wanted it. We have a VCR (and DVD player) for both TV's in the house, and I have a completely good working VCR that we don't use. Yet, that gift from her friend remains in the back of her car. :confused:

LoyalFan
8/27/2006, 03:32 AM
At least once a week, yesterday morning being a prime example, I stop and pick up some o' dem for me and my bassin' partner (the sausage/egg/cheese McMuffin, that is.) I'm on a self-imposed weight loss "plan" but these cholesterol bombs provide sufficient fuel to get me through 8-11 hours on the lake.
I'm at the drive-thru promptly @ 0355, receive the food(?), coffee (weak and too &%^^$! hot) and the OJ (weak and too $&^^@~! warm), then off to the lake. Buddy and I stand there in the dark, scarfing this stuff, and discussing where to head once we launch the cruise missile AKA bass boat.
If it weren't for Beano(TM), within an hour we'd be blasting each other off the deck.
Yesterday, however, I didst speak my order into the mike, only to be told by a new kid "We don't serve breakfast until 4 O'clock, sir." I pointed out that it was 0357 and perhaps he could, at least, TAKE my order and be poised over the griddle as the magic hour struck. The little ick-pray repeated, verbatim, his litany...at, by then, 035NINE!
I circled the lot until the clock struck FOUR then placed my order.
When I stopped at the window the (just as I had imagined him) sawed-off, bespectacled, rosy-cheeked and eunuchoid little catamite began his lecture on company policy. He got about five words into it afore I shut him up with my own artfully acerbic dissertation re customer relations.
A few moments later, the teary-eyed little prospective harem janitor handed me the goods and off I went, secure in the knowledge that I'd given him a taste of the real world.
BTW, the fishing was a tad slow, but the good fish/dink ratio was favorable. All kissed, thanked, and released, o' course.

Keep up the good work, Homey!

LF

King Crimson
8/27/2006, 03:43 AM
catamite is an underused word, IMO. there's a "funny" story in Suetonius about when Galba is elected Emperor by his troops after the death of one of the Caesars/Juliii--Nero, I guess--and being so thrilled he advises his catamites to "prepare for intercourse". it's not translated into english in most editions, but it's there in the Latin.

for you Roman historians: this is the so-called "year of the 4 emperors".

King Crimson
8/27/2006, 03:46 AM
and: i did used to love me an egg mcmuffin inna day. but hardee's was way better.

LoyalFan
8/27/2006, 03:47 AM
catamite is an underused word, IMO. there's a "funny" story in Suetonius about when Galba is elected Emperor by his troops after the death of one of the Caesars/Juliii--Nero, I guess--and being so thrilled he advises his catamites to "prepare for intercourse".

Well, he might have meant verbal inter...nahhhh.
I know an Aussie lady who is so stupid she thinks "catamite" is like Vegemite(TM), only it's a pet food.

LF

King Crimson
8/27/2006, 03:50 AM
Well, he might have meant verbal inter...nahhhh.
I know an Aussie lady who is so stupid she thinks "catamite" is like Vegemite(TM), only it's a pet food.

LF

or made out of cats?

LoyalFan
8/27/2006, 04:02 AM
catamite is an underused word, IMO. there's a "funny" story in Suetonius about when Galba is elected Emperor by his troops after the death of one of the Caesars/Juliii--Nero, I guess--and being so thrilled he advises his catamites to "prepare for intercourse". it's not translated into english in most editions, but it's there in the Latin.

for you Roman historians: this is the so-called "year of the 4 emperors".

Or...howzabout this one from "The Satyricon of Petronius"?

O fairies, O buggers,
O eunuchs exotic!
Come running, come running
ye anal-erotic!

With soft little hands,
with flexible bums,
Come, O castrati,
unnatural ones!

(Frankly, the whole business reeks! There were some seriously messed-up peeps in those days, and nothing's changed much since.)

LF

PeeGee piki-piki...

critical_phil
9/9/2006, 09:12 AM
Anybody need anything while I'm out?

plzthnx.

http://www.angelsbaskets.com/imgupload/p_25894660_1568698.jpg

r5TPsooner
9/9/2006, 09:21 AM
Grab me a side of pancakes would ya? I hate to say it but they have some pretty decent pancakes.

Octavian
9/9/2006, 09:42 AM
I just finished me two egg mac's and a hash brown.

goes good w/ cheap coffee...

Rogue
9/9/2006, 02:29 PM
If it's not too late, could you get me a 6 pack of PBR and a Crunch Wrap Supreme?

9/9/2006, 02:41 PM
If your still out, I need to replenish my multivitavim stock. Generic is ok, though less easy on the stomach.

I'll tip one US dollar.

King Crimson
9/9/2006, 03:52 PM
wow, QB run game....

King Crimson
9/9/2006, 03:53 PM
Julian Peterson.

bri
9/9/2006, 04:05 PM
Mmmmmmm, Bonnie...

And I made myself a kick*ss omlette for brunch today. Egg whites, sharp chedar, feta, spinach, mushroom...good times. :D