PDA

View Full Version : Divorce ******-*******s: Resolution conference?

SoonerBorn
8/26/2006, 03:26 AM
Anyone know what happens at a divorce resolution conference?

Also, what happens if the other side fails to submit any evidence, witness lists, etc. to the court before the conference?

TIA

BoogercountySooner
8/26/2006, 07:42 AM
The male portion of the conference will be screwed!

Okla-homey
8/26/2006, 07:45 AM
The male portion of the conference will be screwed!

An inevitability IMHO.

BoogercountySooner
8/26/2006, 09:12 AM
Don't get me wrong I have never been divorced or do I forsee one in my future. In my opinion the male or father in the divorce process has a uphill battle. I got a friend that his wife slept around with multiple partners they get a divorce and both want custody. The judge gives the Mom custody and the dad gets every other weekend and 1 week in the summer with his kids. What the hell is up with that?

Just SAyin!

Harry Beanbag
8/26/2006, 09:26 AM
Move to a no-fault state before you get divorced, it helps.

Okla-homey
8/26/2006, 09:50 AM
Don't get me wrong I have never been divorced or do I forsee one in my future. In my opinion the male or father in the divorce process has a uphill battle. I got a friend that his wife slept around with multiple partners they get a divorce and both want custody. The judge gives the Mom custody and the dad gets every other weekend and 1 week in the summer with his kids. What the hell is up with that?

Just SAyin!

In theory, its called "doing what's best for the children." That's the rule anyway. IOW, most states tend to apply the rule by keeping the kids with their mom unless she is proven to be a pretty horrible person.

yermom
8/26/2006, 10:24 AM
if you have a penis you can't raise kids ;)

Okla-homey
8/26/2006, 12:11 PM

I think its merely judicial and legislative notice of the fact that when little kids fall down and hurt themselves....they want their Mommy.

Octavian
8/26/2006, 12:15 PM
don't get married before your mid-30s

SoonerBorn
8/26/2006, 03:18 PM
don't get married before your mid-30s

Sound advice. I'm lucky in one sense - no kids or real estate to argue over.

Tiptonsooner
8/26/2006, 08:11 PM
My Dad always say's "Bullets are cheaper than a divorce".

He also said divorce is so expensive, because it is worth it.

olevetonahill
8/28/2006, 03:36 AM
My Dad always say's "Bullets are cheaper than a divorce".

He also said divorce is so expensive, because it is worth it.
I hope Im not your Dad :D
Those were My thoughts
so Bump I want to know how this works out ?
In the 86 I got custody . every school I enrolled My boys in said they gonna check you :mad:
Iris audited me 5 yrs in a row for my " filing satus "
Single , Head of household ;)
Had to prove it all those yrs :mad:
They where MY sons I raised em :cool:

Hamhock
8/28/2006, 08:03 AM
I think its merely judicial and legislative notice of the fact that when little kids fall down and hurt themselves....they want their Mommy.

:les: But she's at work!!

:D

GDC
8/28/2006, 08:11 AM
I've been lucky every time, we've both just walked away with no-contest divorces or annulments.

Okla-homey
8/28/2006, 08:29 AM
I've been lucky every time, we've both just walked away with no-contest divorces or annulments.

BTW, I know you're Cherokee, but if you were an enrolled Muscogee those are free done free at the Muscogee-subsidized Creek Legal Clinic at TU. The tribe even covers the filing fees.

critical_phil
8/28/2006, 09:09 AM
In my opinion the male or father in the divorce process has a uphill battle. I got a friend that his wife slept around with multiple partners they get a divorce and both want custody. The judge gives the Mom custody and the dad gets every other weekend and 1 week in the summer with his kids. What the hell is up with that?

Just SAyin!

the divorce X factor: drawing a judge who's been stepped out on and doesn't look too kindly on cheating spouses.

i thank god everyday for judge janet foss in cleveland co.

GDC
8/28/2006, 09:53 AM
BTW, I know you're Cherokee, but if you were an enrolled Muscogee those are free done free at the Muscogee-subsidized Creek Legal Clinic at TU. The tribe even covers the filing fees.

What if only one of the couple is Creek?

85Sooner
8/28/2006, 09:56 AM
What if only one of the couple is Creek?

THen the other party will be up a creek! without a paddle or maybe a boat for that matter.

Osce0la
8/28/2006, 10:06 AM
My son just always goes to whoever is closest.

SoonerBorn
8/28/2006, 10:10 PM
i thank god everyday for judge janet foss in cleveland co.

That's who I have. This is a good thing, yes?

LoyalFan
8/28/2006, 11:04 PM

But joo kan shur as jell makey 'em!

Speedy Gonzales

critical_phil
8/28/2006, 11:05 PM
That's who I have. This is a good thing, yes?

without telling my whole life's story, i'll just say that judge foss was VERY fair and has a reputation of not tolerating any tomfoolery, high jinks, rascality, or hooey (not to mention shenanigans).

so if you haven't been party to any tomfoolery etc. lately, you might do o.k.

OTOH, my ex-wife was as dumb as a bag of hammers. that helped too.

yermom
8/29/2006, 12:17 AM
well, she did marry you ;)

SoonerBorn
8/31/2006, 09:37 AM
so Bump I want to know how this works out ?

Not well, I'm afraid.

She's getting half the debt, and all of the 401K and healthcare spending accounts. And, she couldn't be bothered to get any paperwork in for the resolution conference, or even be bothered to be there today. Judge Foss totally sided with her, even without proof or her presence.

All of this because she has more student loans than I do. She's a DVM now with her own clinic, and I work at a non-profit agency.

I guess I should just say "you're welcome, it was a pleasure supporting you through school" and be thankful we didn't have kids or real estate together.

sooner n houston
8/31/2006, 09:49 AM
One nice thing about Texas divorce laws, they do take cheating spoues into account!

sooner n houston
8/31/2006, 09:51 AM
Not well, I'm afraid.

She's getting half the debt, and all of the 401K and healthcare spending accounts. And, she couldn't be bothered to get any paperwork in for the resolution conference, or even be bothered to be there today. Judge Foss totally sided with her, even without proof or her presence.

All of this because she has more student loans than I do. She's a DVM now with her own clinic, and I work at a non-profit agency.

I guess I should just say "you're welcome, it was a pleasure supporting you through school" and be thankful we didn't have kids or real estate together.

Yep, count them blessings! You are no longer married to a cheating bytch!!! And the cost of getting out was relativly cheap, compared to what it could have been under different circumstances.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/31/2006, 11:08 AM
Hey!

Declare bankruptcy and let them deal with the ex for payment...'Prolly wouldn't work as well as it did prior to the new laws, but it may mess her up a bit...

Or set up a billboard near her clinic and state she cheated on you and ask people if they wanted to go to a DVM if that person cheated on the spouse, how would she treat their pet...

Hamhock
8/31/2006, 11:16 AM
Hey!

Declare bankruptcy and let them deal with the ex for payment...'Prolly wouldn't work as well as it did prior to the new laws, but it may mess her up a bit...

Or set up a billboard near her clinic and state she cheated on you and ask people if they wanted to go to a DVM if that person cheated on the spouse, how would she treat their pet...

Put on the billboard that she cheated on you with their pet.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/31/2006, 11:24 AM
Put on the billboard that she cheated on you with their pet. :eek:

SoonerBorn
8/31/2006, 01:42 PM
Put on the billboard that she cheated on you with their pet.

Let's table the billboard idea for now - as a concept, I like it, but the content needs to be "fleshed" out a bit more.

And, to clarify in the interest of fairness, there was no "cheating" beyond not following the rules the judge laid out. But, that apparently wasn't a problem for the judge, either.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/31/2006, 01:44 PM
oh, sorry, I thought there was infidelity, my bad...

She just wanted help to make it through DVM and then adios?

SoonerBorn
8/31/2006, 04:33 PM
Alot of people close to the situation would say that, but in a much larger sense. I'm not sure what I would say - hook me up to a lie detector or buy me a few beers and see what you get.

olevetonahill
8/31/2006, 05:04 PM
Sounds like your handling it well . Im glad there are no kids involved, thats when it gets messy :eek: