PDA

View Full Version : TOLLIVER SET TO VISIT OU FIRST!

The Consumate Showman
8/25/2006, 10:46 PM
Number 1 ranked Terrance Tolliver is set to visit OU on the 9th of Sept during the Washington game. Tolliver is looked at as being a WR that has all the necessary tools to come right in and play right away. His size and speed should make for a BIG push for the schools involved to impress.

By having OU as his frist visit, hopefully we can take advantage of showing off our STUFF to him and making a HUGE 1st impression on him. Hopefully Thompson and Co. will air out som balls in that game and show him we are not afraid to go down field no matter what the situation at QB...

Also, just a little tidbit for those of you that are interested: Sources close to Tolliver and his family have said that it seems VERY likely that he will choose a school close to home so that his family can come and watch. This bodes EXTREMELY well for 2 schools: OU and Lswho. Look for the sooners and kitty-cats to duke it out for Tolliver's services.

jccouger
8/25/2006, 11:03 PM
I dunno if I'd rather go 1st or last.

Hope this is a good sign.

snp
8/28/2006, 03:24 PM
It really didn't work that well Myron Rolle last year...

I'd prefer to go last, unless the kid had an early announcement date. Which TT does not have.

If we could land Newton, who Tolliver loves, that'd be a major step up. TT also really likes that Lee kid who committed to LSU.

The Consumate Showman
8/28/2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah, we need to get a good quality QB in here and it would seem that what Ninja said would bode well for us with TT. I don't like our chances of signing Newton sight-unseen, but his dad sure has talked up the possibilities of that not being a factor at all. I wish we could get him in here for the UAB game, but I don't think that will happen.

EDIT:

We are not hosting another recruit this weekend. Sorry 'bout that. Corey Wilson is going to make his official decision tomorrow on the radio. The REF I believe @ 8:30, be listening!

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/11/2006, 10:05 PM
How did this kids visit go ?

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 10:13 PM

I read on rivals that it went well . . . but he wasn't bubbling with praise. Just the standard stuff. He did say that the visit boosted his opinion of the program. Kelly was his host.

The big problem with Tolliver, IMO, is that he really likes Newton. With Newton going to Florida, and him not knowing who will be throwing the ball to him next year . . . I think we've got our work cut out for us to land this one.

But here's hoping we do!!! He looks like a playa!

jk the sooner fan
9/11/2006, 10:43 PM
did corey wilson decide or delay?

snp
9/11/2006, 11:45 PM
Corey Wilson will comitt to OU. Don't sweat it.

Frozen Sooner
9/12/2006, 02:05 AM
Had a great time. Didn't really go out because he was tired. Some random dude walked up to him and said how OU needed him, which he thought was cool since some random dude knew who he was.

Liked his visit, OU is in the lead. Will take other visits. Not really close to committing.

The Consumate Showman
9/12/2006, 08:54 AM
Tolliver is going to announce at the Army All-American game this year. I met him after the game Saturday and he seemed to be enjoying himself. He was surprised that a lot of folks seemed to know who he was and you could tell that impressed him. Now, having said all that, I don't think that we'll get him although I WISH we could. All of this about him wanting to follow Newton to Florida is clearly specualtion at this point. People are reading too much into the interview where he said he liked Newton and thought he was one of the better QB's out there. Tebow is going to be the man in Florida and Terrance should know that. I think Terrance might opt for LSU though. He has been high on LSU at times and has seemed to have a better connection with them thus far. OU just needs to stay on him; maybe we can pull a miracle...

The Consumate Showman
9/12/2006, 08:56 AM
Corey Wilson will comitt to OU. Don't sweat it.

agreed

KingDavid
9/13/2006, 01:37 AM
Tolliver is going to announce at the Army All-American game this year. I met him after the game Saturday and he seemed to be enjoying himself. He was surprised that a lot of folks seemed to know who he was and you could tell that impressed him. Now, having said all that, I don't think that we'll get him although I WISH we could. All of this about him wanting to follow Newton to Florida is clearly specualtion at this point. People are reading too much into the interview where he said he liked Newton and thought he was one of the better QB's out there. Tebow is going to be the man in Florida and Terrance should know that. I think Terrance might opt for LSU though. He has been high on LSU at times and has seemed to have a better connection with them thus far. OU just needs to stay on him; maybe we can pull a miracle...

this seems accurate to me. it's wishful thinking for us to land him . . . but it still could happen. If I'm a 5 star WR, the first thing i want to know; who will be throwing me the rock. OU doesn't have an answer for that . . . major strike against us. That being said: if Kelly and Co. can have great years, it will say a lot about our ability to turn out an exciting offense every year, regardless of who we have at QB. Maybe that gives us props to a guy like Tolliver? It would to me. I think LSU has the edge too.

snp
9/13/2006, 09:35 AM
I think Terrance might opt for LSU though. He has been high on LSU at times and has seemed to have a better connection with them thus far. OU just needs to stay on him; maybe we can pull a miracle...

I agree with this as well. He also likes the QB from Brenham, Jarrett Lee who is already committed to LSU.

And didn't TT have an uncle that played at LSU?

The Consumate Showman
9/13/2006, 12:20 PM
I agree with this as well. He also likes the QB from Brenham, Jarrett Lee who is already committed to LSU.

And didn't TT have an uncle that played at LSU?

Think you're right Ninja. Seems like I remember hearing or reading somewhere that he had an Uncle play there.

I think the family connection is what will land us a guy like Matt Romine. Not so sure Tolliver cares so much that his Uncle went there, but it's close to home of the schools he's considering and you have to give LSU an advantage over us since they have their QB situation established. We are still searching...

snp
9/13/2006, 01:06 PM
I'm kinda getting worried about Romine. He's taken 4 visits to ND.

And if we had a guy like Shipp still, I'd feel much more comfortable in getting TT. He really likes one of the LSU coaches.

The Consumate Showman
9/13/2006, 09:32 PM
I'm kinda getting worried about Romine. He's taken 4 visits to ND.

And if we had a guy like Shipp still, I'd feel much more comfortable in getting TT. He really likes one of the LSU coaches.

Are you talking about Jackie? He's still here.

BTW, relax about Romine. I know some Union folks and have talked to SEVERAL of them. What we have here is a case of a kid wanting to take his trips and then decide.

He's a kid and the best OL in Oklahoma this year. I wouldn't say he's a 100% lock to OU, but I would lay money on 92%. I think a lot of this crap about him going to ND and other Big Ten schools is that new "wonder" coach they hired up there. He's from the Big Ten area and pointed Matt to Weiss and Carr and others. He's going to start off 0-3 this year(they have Muskogee this Sat) so I bet he gets the boot pretty fast at Union; that's just not acceptable.

Plus, Matt's grandpa and dad went to OU...GOT to be an advantage for us there...

snp
9/13/2006, 09:48 PM
D'oh. I meant Wyatt. My bad.

The Consumate Showman
9/14/2006, 08:39 AM
Did you see Wyatt on the sideline at the Vikes win last week? He was pumped!

Yeah, I wish we still had him here. Maybe Sumlin and his staff can duplicate what Wyatt got for us. Let's hope....

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 11:10 AM
D'oh. I meant Wyatt. My bad.

Wyatt = stud recruiter; incredible coach. Who can question sending 4 WR's to the league in one year? -

Clayton
Bradley
Jones
Peoples (didn't he sign somewhere as a FA?)

Even if with three - I imagine that's a record of some sort.

The Consumate Showman
9/14/2006, 06:31 PM
Wyatt = stud recruiter; incredible coach. Who can question sending 4 WR's to the league in one year? -

Clayton
Bradley
Jones
Peoples (didn't he sign somewhere as a FA?)
Even if with three - I imagine that's a record of some sort.

The Bills, but they cut him. Don't know where he is now. I'll have to see if he's still at the old email address he gave me and see what he's up to. He might be in Europe...

Wyatt also = someone not to pleasant to meet...oooohhh...