PDA

View Full Version : I just ate way more Chinese food than can possibly be good for you

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 08:51 PM
Why do I do this every time? I look at the menu, I order way more than a person should eat, think I'll save some, and then just keep noshing until all the food is gone.

My stomach is bloated like the hump of a camel right now.

tulsaoilerfan
8/25/2006, 09:02 PM
be patient grasshopper, in 10 more minutes you will be hungry again:D

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 09:03 PM
I think in 10 minutes I may have a miniature alien pop out of my stomach.

sooner_born_1960
8/25/2006, 09:05 PM
and why did you change your name?

Chuck Bao
8/25/2006, 09:06 PM
Oh, I did that yesterday.

I took my whole department out for all-you-can-eat dim sum, plus soup, noodle/rice and desert. We also ordered Peking Duck. They kept serving dim sum and then nobody could finish the courses when they arrived. If I'm over-indulging, it's somehow appropriate to be Peking Duck.

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 09:07 PM
and why did you change your name?

What are you talking about?

sooner_born_1960
8/25/2006, 09:09 PM
Whatever.

sooner_born_1960
8/25/2006, 09:12 PM
Shall we find more posts by Mike Rich?

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 09:12 PM
How do you know my real name?

sooner_born_1960
8/25/2006, 09:13 PM
Also, you were a little slow changing the avitar.

Geekboy
8/25/2006, 09:14 PM
You're being paranoid. That's what happens when you eat too much Chinese food.

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 09:16 PM
OK. Thanks. ;)

1960, I was trying to have a little fun with you but you wouldn't take the bait. That's my real name. I thought about it and figured out that, really, I haven't said anything on any message board I wouldn't say in real life and that anonymity isn't something that I need.

No sinister motives. This is me. This
<----
Is what I look like. At least when I'm wearing a Red Sox hat in front of the Green Monster.

sooner_born_1960
8/25/2006, 09:18 PM
I wasn't implying anything sinister. Just curious.

Geekboy
8/25/2006, 09:19 PM
I haven't said anything on any message board I wouldn't say in real life
I've said tons of stuff on message boards I wouldn't say in real life. That's the joy of getting drunk and getting on here and making an *** of ones self.

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 09:20 PM
Good deal. I thought you might have inferred that I was trolling or something. Exactly the opposite.

I was trying to play it off like it still said "Frozen Sooner" to me, but you wouldn't take the bait. :(

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 09:21 PM
I've said tons of stuff on message boards I wouldn't say in real life. That's the joy of getting drunk and getting on here and making an *** of ones self.

I'd think an LSU fan would be pretty comfortable making a drunk *** of himself in real life.

sooner_born_1960
8/25/2006, 09:23 PM
Good deal. I thought you might have inferred that I was trolling or something. Exactly the opposite.

I was trying to play it off like it still said "Frozen Sooner" to me, but you wouldn't take the bait. :(
Well, I did consider a screen shot if you kept insisting.

Geekboy
8/25/2006, 09:23 PM
I'd think an LSU fan would be pretty comfortable making a drunk *** of himself in real life.
Not me. Not in 'real life.' Just on message boards. I've got the history here to prove it.

Forgive me. I'm being a post junkie tonight.

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 09:24 PM
Well, I did consider a screen shot if you kept insisting.

Damn it, if I had just kept it up for a couple more minute everyone would have gotten their cookie.

Sorta like my love life.

King Crimson
8/25/2006, 10:08 PM
Why do I do this every time? I look at the menu, I order way more than a person should eat, think I'll save some, and then just keep noshing until all the food is gone.

i tend to do this when i make pasta at home. i consciously against my will put more pasta in the boiling water than i know is humanly possible to eat. make the sauce or whatever while the pasta is boiling and again remark to myself how i am making WAY too much. drain the pasta, finish it the sauce, toss, plate up a bowl. usually leave about half a legit serving in the saute pan. about 1/3 of the way through the actual bowl i think "I'm getting kind of full.....I should just stop eating now or i'll overeat".

and about 10 minutes later I've demolished the first bowl and i'm usually standing at the stovetop over the leftover stuff forking it into my mouth like i haven't eaten in a week. and then finish it off with a hunk of bread sopping up the saute pan and bowl residues.

i did it tonight as a matter of fact with spaghettini with garlic, chile pepper, parsley, XVOO, and shaved parm-reg.

it's bizarre. some kind of weird appetite overdrive.

Geekboy
8/25/2006, 10:21 PM
Be careful. You could be like a goldfish and find your a$$ floating.

sanantoniosooner
8/25/2006, 10:25 PM
great.........now I can put a face to the guy with bad taste in movies.

OUDoc
8/25/2006, 10:35 PM
Also, you were a little slow changing the avatar.
I happened to catch that as well. I wondered for a minute who this Mike Rich guy was with so many posts. The avie helped me out. Well, the old avatar anyway. Welcome, MR. :D

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 11:39 PM
Heh. The 45 was getting a little old and I was going to change it soon anyhow. Figured with the name change I might as well put my real picture up.

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 11:40 PM
great.........now I can put a face to the guy with bad taste in movies.

You know, Signs came on TNT the other day and I honestly made an attempt to watch it again-at least until I had to go to the gym.

You were right. They did foreshadow the water weakness.

Still dumb (;)) but there.

Chuck Bao
8/25/2006, 11:47 PM
What type of Chinese food did you have, Mr Rich?

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 11:49 PM
Cantonese.

Breaded almond chicken, mongolian beef.

I think that's Cantonese, at least. Not Szechuan.

Geekboy
8/26/2006, 12:03 AM
This may be the culprit that is hammering your a$$.
Monosodium glutamate
http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/msg.html

But then again......I eat this crap ALL THE TIME! Maybe that explains why I'm mentally disturbed.

proud gonzo
8/26/2006, 12:09 AM

Easy. your real name's Froz ;)

...or Møøse-Man

sanantoniosooner
8/26/2006, 08:44 AM
You know, Signs came on TNT the other day and I honestly made an attempt to watch it again-at least until I had to go to the gym.

You were right. They did foreshadow the water weakness.

Still dumb (;)) but there.
There was some other movie you blasted recently that I thought was pretty good.

Different Strokes...........

BoogercountySooner
8/26/2006, 09:17 AM
From looking at your Avatar I would say that Mike Rich is heads and shoulders above Anchorage!

Just SAyin

handcrafted
8/26/2006, 10:29 AM

Try pooping. That usually works for me. Sometimes a few beers are needed.

Frozen Sooner
8/26/2006, 11:51 AM
From looking at your Avatar I would say that Mike Rich is heads and shoulders above Anchorage!

Just SAyin
Boo.

Frozen Sooner
8/26/2006, 11:51 AM
Try pooping. That usually works for me. Sometimes a few beers are needed.

Yeah, firing one out helped a lot.

crawfish
8/26/2006, 12:07 PM
People with two first names annoy me. :D