PDA

View Full Version : What frequent flyer programs are you in?

Sooner24
8/25/2006, 05:51 PM
Delta and American here but I get most of my miles from credit cards and promotions.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/25/2006, 05:56 PM
Continental OnePass, Platinum Elite (Gold before there was Platinum) for 9 years running...

Just missed out on Infinite Elite.

I belong to all the U.S. programs, only use CO though.

Sooner24
8/25/2006, 06:00 PM
Right now I am cast iron on American and aluminum foil at Delta

Williesan
8/25/2006, 09:46 PM
Let's see... American, Delta, Southwest, Northwest & United.

I avoid Northworst for many reasons, they're just bad.
I don't fly SWA and United that much - but I have FF accounts just in case.

Most of my work for Wally World is in FL, AL & SC so I fly Delta (until they reduced service to and from Tulsa to regional jets :mad:) and American - when you go to Fort Lauderdale 4 times in 3 months, you start to rack up miles PDQ. Plus every trip I take goes thru DFW. More options on flights home, and since it's less than 500 miles, they automatically round up to 500 on each leg for the TUL-DFW legs.

I finally made it to my first freebie round trip ticket, but I think I'll sit on it until Mrs. Williesan and I can go somewhere tropical for free.

Williesan

Chuck Bao
8/25/2006, 11:44 PM
United and Star Alliance.

I've flown United like 20 years between the US and Asia and it's starting to seem like I've been on the same plane all those years.

I recently flew Singapore Air to/from Singapore and economy class was like business class in the US.

Singapore Air gets my vote for the best damn airline in the world.

jeremy885
8/25/2006, 11:45 PM
Miles and More through Lufthansa. Kind of weird that the cheapest way for me to get my Russian-Jewish wife back home is through a German airline.

olevetonahill
8/25/2006, 11:47 PM
At my age Im a charter member of the Mile High club ! does that count ?;)

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 11:48 PM
Alaska Airlines. EVERYONE up here gives Alaska miles. I get dollar for dollar on all my phone, internet, and cable bills-PLUS they get charged to my Alaska Airlines VISA, which gives me even more miles. Even the grocery store I go to gives me 250 air miles every time I spend $500 (not in one trip, just whenever I accumulate $500 in purchases.) All my business travel and expenses go on the Alaska card as well.

The mileage is starting to rack up.

olevetonahill
8/25/2006, 11:50 PM

I've flown United like 20 years between the US and Asia and it's starting to seem like I've been on the same plane all those years.

I recently flew Singapore Air to/from Singapore and economy class was like business class in the US.

Are you and I talking the same thing ?
Ive flown UNITED more than a few times :D

OklahomaTuba
8/26/2006, 01:01 AM
I've heard Singapore is #1 in the world. My boss raves about it, and he is in Asia 2 weeks a month.

I have AAdvantage miles mostly. Although I rack up a few on my AMEX card that I can use anywhere. Infact, just used some miles to pay for another trip to Turks and Caicos in sept.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/27/2006, 05:19 PM

You should try it in First! Practically sit in your lap!! and the stewardesses are young and hawt! And the pajamas!!!

I did first to Asia before company policy changed to Business. Sweet!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
8/27/2006, 05:20 PM
Alaska Airlines. EVERYONE up here gives Alaska miles. I get dollar for dollar on all my phone, internet, and cable bills-PLUS they get charged to my Alaska Airlines VISA, which gives me even more miles. Even the grocery store I go to gives me 250 air miles every time I spend $500 (not in one trip, just whenever I accumulate $500 in purchases.) All my business travel and expenses go on the Alaska card as well.

The mileage is starting to rack up.

You're what we can a RiffRaff flyer, either it was all done on cheap tix or you didn't actually fly the miles...