PDA

View Full Version : ok, I am REALY confused by the "Hey Beano" thread...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

mrowl
8/29/2006, 09:41 AM
If you kick someone's *** at a tailgate, do you get banned from the board? Or would the person who got whipped be banned?

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_on_10_15_2005_18_29_53/angle.jpgb22e6cb5-db6f-4e61-ab68-d8a3407300cbLarge.jpg

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2006, 09:41 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69473

Also, I'm not going to go into some of the spek comments I've been getting lately, but I know the mods can see those.

but i thought everybody was on your side and it was just us hornloving people from dallas that disagreed with you?

GDC
8/29/2006, 09:42 AM
but i thought everybody was on your side and it was just us hornloving people from dallas that disagreed with you?

My spek has all been green, that's NOT the kind of comments I'm talking about. In fact, just the opposite.:cool:

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2006, 09:43 AM
My spek has all been green, that's NOT the kind of comments I'm talking about. In fact, just the opposite.:cool:

then why would the mods need to see them?

edit: ohhhhhhhhh, i get it, they need to see that everybody is behind you and then realize how wrong they've been in running the board and giving you grief......because the populace is on your side.....how dare the mods go against the will of the people

OUinFLA
8/29/2006, 09:45 AM

Also, I'm not going to go into some of the spek comments I've been getting lately, but I know the mods can see those.

I didnt know that!
gdc, would you mind erasing those hateful comments I have made to you in spek.

You know, the ones about you and me and the 4 strippers in El Paso.

GDC
8/29/2006, 09:45 AM

I just meant that if anyone were pulling any shenanigans like this the mods would know about it, and please note I am not accusing them of anything. I am just saying the mods have access to all of our spek comments, and probably PM's too.

GDC
8/29/2006, 09:48 AM

edit: ohhhhhhhhh, i get it, they need to see that everybody is behind you and then realize how wrong they've been in running the board and giving you grief......because the populace is on your side.....how dare the mods go against the will of the people

No, you still don't get it. I am saying that some people use other people's accounts without permission, no more, no less. I assumed this was common knowledge around here, and you are reading way too much into what I said.

1stTimeCaller
8/29/2006, 09:49 AM
I just meant that if anyone were pulling any shenanigans like this the mods would know about it, and please note I am not accusing them of anything. I am just saying the mods have access to all of our spek comments, and probably PM's too.

I think either Beano or Dean had secks with my girlfriend last night...;)

I don't know about starting threads and I'm also not saying that they don't but they can and do edit posts and you can't tell that they did unless you wrote the post and know what it originally said.

I'm not saying that I have a problem with that either.

GDC
8/29/2006, 09:49 AM
I didnt know that!
gdc, would you mind erasing those hateful comments I have made to you in spek.

You know, the ones about you and me and the 4 strippers in El Paso.

Those weren't hateful, just nostalgic reminisces.:D

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 09:50 AM

Why else would jk refer to the "jedi mind tricks" being pulled on posters?

What are you saying by posting the link to that thread. I don't get it.

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 09:51 AM
No, you still don't get it. I am saying that some people use other people's accounts without permission, no more, no less. I assumed this was common knowledge around here, and you are reading way too much into what I said.

Like who? How would you know this? I'm goona need proof. I'm seriously interested.

As for now:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/meyer86/callbs.jpg

;)

hurricane'bone
8/29/2006, 09:51 AM

Who uses other people's accounts?

1stTimeCaller
8/29/2006, 09:52 AM
'they' do. keep up.;)

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2006, 09:53 AM

without permission

my only thought is the only way a "non-mod" poster could use somebody else's account is with their permission, unless they're just really good at guessing passwords

if one of the mods had a little harmless fun at your expense, thats another issue that you should take up with them, but i dont see the big conspiratorial efforts where EVERYBODY's account is unsafe

OU4LIFE
8/29/2006, 09:55 AM
this thread has become boring.

OU4LIFE
8/29/2006, 09:55 AM
who posted that under my username?

hurricane'bone
8/29/2006, 09:56 AM
this thread has become boring.
you just say that because no one has mentioned your hole in one on this page.

1stTimeCaller
8/29/2006, 09:57 AM
who got a hole-in-one?

GDC
8/29/2006, 09:57 AM
What are you saying by posting the link to that thread. I don't get it.

I didn't start that thread, someone else did, and they have never owned up to it.

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 09:59 AM
I didn't start that thread, someone else did, and they have never owned up to it.

OK, but you said:

There have been multiple instances lately of people using other people's accounts to make posts and/or start threads.

That thread was started on 2004. What are these multiple instances lately? I just wanna make sure this place is safe.

GDC
8/29/2006, 10:02 AM
without permission

my only thought is the only way a "non-mod" poster could use somebody else's account is with their permission, unless they're just really good at guessing passwords

if one of the mods had a little harmless fun at your expense, thats another issue that you should take up with them, but i dont see the big conspiratorial efforts where EVERYBODY's account is unsafe

I thought the main thrust of this thread was trolls, IP's, PM's, spek comments, and user accounts and abuse of them by anyone. It just seems like it's hard to hold anyone accountable for anything around here with all "the jedi mind tricks" going on.

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2006, 10:04 AM
I thought the main thrust of this thread was trolls, IP's, PM's, spek comments, and user accounts and abuse of them by anyone. It just seems like it's hard to hold anyone accountable for anything around here with all "the jedi mind tricks" going on.

well, as colley pointed out, your thread is 2 years old, i have no idea what you are referring to with your spek comments......you've got me lost on that issue

i dont think the mods (less norm) routinely look for people to pick on - i think there are times when they exercise their own sense of humor at the expense of somebody who's probably "asked for it"

but thats just my guess - i really dont know what the hell any of them do

GDC
8/29/2006, 10:06 AM
OK, but you said:

That thread was started on 2004. What are these multiple instances lately? I just wanna make sure this place is safe.

Once again, that's what I thought this whole thread was about.

That thread may say 2004, but it popped up this summer and was even a sticky at one point.

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 10:08 AM

Yeah, but then, in Beano's words, it turned into one person with many claims and not producing the evidence to back it up, thus losing credibility and "integreity"

So in that same vein, I would like to see the backup to your claim. I'm no mod, but I bet a bunch of other people here would like to know that people are logging in as other people. And before you twist this into a "whorn lover gang up", this is nothing personal. You hate whorns, I occasionally eat lunch with one. Fine. :D

But if that thread is all you got and it was bumped back up this summer and that is what you meant by "lately" I guess that'll have to do.

hurricane'bone
8/29/2006, 10:08 AM
So are you saying you didn't start the thread in 2004 or that 'they' created some thread with a falsified time-stamp in May of this year?

mrowl
8/29/2006, 10:09 AM

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlLA/original/kenobi_011.jpg

jk is a whorn-lover....

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2006, 10:09 AM
ooompf, now my head hurts

NormanPride
8/29/2006, 10:10 AM
Once again, that's what I thought this whole thread was about.

That thread may say 2004, but it popped up this summer and was even a sticky at one point.

Yeah, I remember that happening. Though someone may have just bumped it. I don't know... I had never seen it before, though. I also remember gdc saying something like "glad to see my password isn't safe anymore..." or something like that.

While I do think silly stuff like that goes on, I doubt highly that it's systemic, or that the mods would use shenanigans like that to the extent of getting someone banned.

Well, jkm might. :D

OU4LIFE
8/29/2006, 10:13 AM
Since someone asked. I had a hole-in-one.

186 yards. 6 iron.

BEE U tiful.

OU4LIFE
this thread suddenly became more interesting.

GDC
Yeah, but then, in Beano's words, it turned into one person with many claims and not producing the evidence to back it up, thus losing credibility and "integreity"

So in that same vein, I would like to see the backup to your claim. I'm no mod, but I bet a bunch of other people here would like to know that people are logging in as other people. And before you twist this into a "whorn lover gang up", this is nothing personal. You hate whorns, I occasionally eat lunch with one. Fine. :D

But if that thread is all you got and it was bumped back up this summer and that is what you meant by "lately" I guess that'll have to do.

No, I'm not perceiving this as a whornlover gang bang, this thread has made me seriously wonder about the security and integrity of some of what goes on around here. The whole Stanley issue seems like a continuation of a trend I've been noticing for a while now, and I cannot get into my recent spek comments because if they are legitimate some people would be embarrased and I'm not going to do that to them. Besides, I'm getting married in November.

NormanPride
8/29/2006, 10:20 AM
No, I'm not perceiving this as a whornlover gang bang, this thread has made me seriously wonder about the security and integrity of some of what goes on around here. The whole Stanley issue seems like a continuation of a trend I've been noticing for a while now, and I cannot get into my recent spek comments because if they are legitimate some people would be embarrased and I'm not going to do that to them. Besides, I'm getting married in November.

Is Bri harassing you again? DID HE HIT YOU?!

hurricane'bone
8/29/2006, 10:21 AM
So...are people telling you that they love you and want to have your babies?

Beef
8/29/2006, 10:21 AM
Bring cash; that trumps bad tailgate behavior.
****ing rich people get all the breaks.

Beef
8/29/2006, 10:22 AM
So...are people telling you that they love you and want to have your babies?
Yes. Hence the getting married in November thing.

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 10:23 AM

:pop:

GDC
8/29/2006, 10:28 AM
Is Bri harassing you again? DID HE HIT YOU?!

Right now I wish I could find that motel room/UT blow up doll video.:D

JohnnyMack
8/29/2006, 10:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/zwoti/scans/thread_gay_midget.jpg

NormanPride
I have not heard of this. Does it involve farm animals?

Norm In Norman
We have access to spek but not PM. OK, we could look at PMs if we wanted to go through that trouble, but it's not straightforward. Besides, I don't feel comfortable looking at those anyway. Who knows though - my comfortableness might change if it has to.

GDC
8/29/2006, 10:35 AM
I have not heard of this. Does it involve farm animals?

No, it appears to just be bri beating up a Texas doll.:texan:

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 10:38 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/zwoti/scans/thread_gay_midget.jpg

That's hilarious.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/29/2006, 10:46 AM
While I do think silly stuff like that goes on, I doubt highly that it's systemic, or that the mods would use shenanigans like that to the extent of getting someone banned.

Well, jkm might. :D

i think you seriously overestimate my motivation, i know my employers do.

as for gdc, i'm sorry, but i'm going to have to oprah you on that one. norm burned my house down, god bless him. he then had pb1 pee on it to put it out. saddenly, the alcohol content was to high and he became a molotov...

NormanPride
8/29/2006, 10:52 AM

Any man who can research football stats and history like you can be motivated when he wants to. ;)

I'm guessing that thread was a result of someone going "Hmm, I wonder if I ran this script if it would do something neat..." And then we get threads like that.

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/29/2006, 11:03 AM
he seemed confused over the whole IP thing with regards to Chick's logon....unless i misread it, Beano was accusing him of logging on with Chicks username while he was banned, and had the different IP's to back it up

Hmm... There did seem to be some confusion on his part regarding IPs. In all of this, I don't remember bringing up him logging in as Chick. I don't think he ever posted as her and that really isn't a big deal as far as I'm concerned. She can share her login with whomever.

He may or may not have understood that I was saying that there was no overlap between LAS and JAS. He was so hung up on the admin thing and the email that I don't think it would have mattered anyway.

Were I on the witness stand, I would say that his story was possible, however improbable. The admins get together and discuss stuff like the LAS/JAS troll all the time and it went into overdrive the past few days. Again, we gave him the benefit of the doubt on that part until it proved to be false. It just makes no sense that any one of them would lie about it since we talk about every banning, pretty much every troll. We're always discussing DE's spyware and other stuff. The fact that something like that would NEVER come up and stay hidden is absolutely not possible.

And then to address the banning again. Yesterday, I went through every single post of Stans from the past few months and then went through all of his reputation comments too.

First of all, the fact that he could have a defense for any of that just baffles me. I can't imagine not being embarrassed to death had I typed any of that. But to admit no fault doesn't make sense. But as I read through all of that, I just kept asking myself, "How is this person still here?"

I had no intention of doing that during the dialogue and I certainly wasn't out for blood. However, he also probably would still be here today had I not gone back and read everything at once. The fact is nothing he said yesterday was worthy of a ban since telling the truth isn't exatly laid out in the board rules. You might even just consider this an extension of his last ban, the one that Dean gave him. Nobody considers that one unjustified. Even Stan himself came as close to admitting guilt on that one as he ever has. But, I think I said yesterday that his "body of work as a whole" was more than enough reason for him to be gone.

It didn't even just start recently, either. He's been abusing the reputation feature for a long time. He got into a couple of tussles with Jreed too, and one even resulted in a banning. (Jreed is no saint to be sure). Even before the recent shenanigans, there was a pattern of stuff like this albeit to a lesser extent... Did I type albeit?

Stan will probably still feel as though he was being picked on, and he was, as he has been since he joined the board, he seemed to thrive on it actually and he brought a lot of it on himself. But as of yesterday he still failed to see that he had the power to prevent his own banning in every single instance. All other variables being the same, he was the only constant throughout.

So, I hate that it came to that and I hope that I don't have to do it again. Yesterday was not fun and I took way too much time that should have been spent doing other things, but I wanted to be methodical and unemotional about it. I think I acheived it and I'm confident that I made the right decision.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/29/2006, 11:08 AM
you are so letting your ChemE roots show through...

NormanPride
8/29/2006, 11:16 AM
you are so letting your ChemE roots show through...

Yeah, Beans. It's time to go see your stylist again for another dye-job.

I just wish people wouldn't gloat so much. I know I'm not in any position to tell people to stop, I'm just voicing my feelings that it sits wrong with me.

Sooner_Bob
8/29/2006, 11:20 AM
So, I hate that it came to that and I hope that I don't have to do it again. Yesterday was not fun . . .

RiiiIIIIiiiight . . . :D

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/29/2006, 11:20 AM
I took an english lit course one time. Had to write a murder mystery 5 pages long. Mine ended up being 40.

Sooner_Bob
8/29/2006, 11:22 AM
I'll bet you were always that student who asked tons of questions and put the instructor way behind schedule.

:P

bri
8/29/2006, 11:23 AM
Why do you hate brevity?

Chuck Bao
8/29/2006, 11:28 AM
But he has such enormously big feet.

http://img5.ranchoweb.com/images/kanunu/bigfeetwithsombero.jpg

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/29/2006, 11:33 AM
I'll bet you were always that student who asked tons of questions and put the instructor way behind schedule.

:P

No, I was the guy that always said, "Teacher, you said you were going to take up our homework."

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/29/2006, 11:44 AM
No, I was the guy that always said, "Teacher, you said you were going to take up our homework."

I always wanted to bite your face. :mad:

Sooner_Bob
8/29/2006, 11:47 AM

while having pie? :pop:

Beef
8/29/2006, 11:47 AM
RAWR!

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/29/2006, 11:48 AM
Mmm, pie.

RacerX
8/29/2006, 11:53 AM
http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/dysfunction.jpg

RacerX
8/29/2006, 11:54 AM
Jesus you're stupid.

Jesus is soooo going to be ****ed.

OU4LIFE
8/29/2006, 12:10 PM
Jesus is soooo going to be ****ed.

nope, in my world that would have been you're stupid, Jesus.

;)

1stTimeCaller
8/29/2006, 12:25 PM
nope, in my world that would have been you're stupid, Jesus.

;)

your world is stupid

sanantoniosooner
8/29/2006, 12:27 PM
your world is stupid
Sorry.........I meant to post that under this handle.

OUDoc
8/29/2006, 12:27 PM
Your mom goes to college.

GDC
8/29/2006, 12:40 PM

as for gdc, i'm sorry, but i'm going to have to oprah you on that one. norm burned my house down, god bless him. he then had pb1 pee on it to put it out. saddenly, the alcohol content was to high and he became a molotov...

I've never been "oprahed" before.

Scott D
8/29/2006, 12:51 PM
I guess I missed that....Scott's post mentioned the AS/JAS connection so I thought he was probably talking about the LAS/JAS IP address/LAS email issue.

Or not.

More like the IP thing had been brought up more than a few times between both Beano and Norm. Beano used an example of Stan logging in as Chick by the fact that the IP he had didn't match the ones that Chick has. Pretty much once a moderater sees an IP they can nail down where it originates from, I know that I had to use that information a few times on a board I moderated when there was some screwy information that was getting on that board, and off it to persons whom didn't have access to areas of that board.

I don't know if Stan didn't or wouldn't understand that point as it was being made by either Beano or Norm. Email addresses basically meant absolutely nothing in this case.

Chuck Bao
8/29/2006, 02:37 PM
I was an admin on several boards and the posted IP address is not always conclusive. I know when I post on boards from Madill the IP address is resolved to Dallas.

Posters from an AOL account can get quite different IP addresses each time they log on.

There are several websites that you can plug in an IP address and get it resolved to a location.

http://www.tracert.com/cgi-bin/resolver.pl

It's kinda fun to play with.

yermom
8/29/2006, 02:52 PM
we know where 129.15.x.x is coming from though ;)

Norm In Norman
8/29/2006, 03:02 PM
Maybe this has been answered, but nobody can use someone else's account without the account owner giving the password out. The passwords in the database are encrypted and can't be decrypted. The way the code works is when an account is created, the ENCRYPTED version of the password is stored. So then when the person logs on, the password is encrypted and then checked with the stored version of the password. There is no way to decrypt the encrypted password to see what it is, therefore none of the mods can see your password in order to post as you.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/29/2006, 03:09 PM
Maybe this has been answered, but nobody can use someone else's account without the account owner giving the password out. The passwords in the database are encrypted and can't be decrypted. The way the code works is when an account is created, the ENCRYPTED version of the password is stored. So then when the person logs on, the password is encrypted and then checked with the stored version of the password. There is no way to decrypt the encrypted password to see what it is, therefore none of the mods can see your password in order to post as you.

yeah, its not like this is microsoft software or anything.

Beef
8/29/2006, 03:09 PM
It's good to know your encryptian isn't safe.

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 03:12 PM

THat's not what gdc sayssssss....

yermom
8/29/2006, 03:13 PM

hmm, i always assumed the mods could become a user or something... i really need to install vBulletin somewhere and play with it

what you could do though i'm thinking is edit the title and text of a thread and then copy it a few times and then merge them, that's what could have caused the thread weirdness that was going on with that linked thread, i think anyway

1stTimeCaller
8/29/2006, 03:13 PM
WALK LIKE AN ENCRYPTION!!

bri
8/29/2006, 03:14 PM
This thread makes me curse public television for teaching me to read.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/29/2006, 03:16 PM
conjunction junction whats your function...

Beef
8/29/2006, 03:16 PM
This thread makes me curse public television for teaching me to read.
Life goes downhill the second you take your mouth off a tittay.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/29/2006, 03:17 PM
hmm, i always assumed the mods could become a user or something... i really need to install vBulletin somewhere and play with it

what you could do though i'm thinking is edit the title and text of a thread and then copy it a few times and then merge them, that's what could have caused the thread weirdness that was going on with that linked thread, i think anyway

once again, totally overestimating our motivation level

Sooner_Bob
8/29/2006, 03:17 PM
Why do you hate Sesame Street?

Norm In Norman
8/29/2006, 03:21 PM
Oh, and as for the "i dont think the mods (less norm) routinely look for people to pick on - i think there are times when they exercise their own sense of humor at the expense of somebody who's probably "asked for it"" - I don't look for people to pick on. But when it's obvious someone deserves it, I'll pick on them. Hell, I've helped in some meltdowns before I was an Admin. There is no reason my personality would have changed too much after I became an admin. I will say that I try to give people the benefit of the doubt more now. Take OUThunder. He was my nemesis for a while. I could have banned him a hundred times after I became an admin but I didn't. He deserved the hell out of his ban though, so when he was close to a meltdown I did my own part in helping that along. And it was fun.

The whole accounts being unsafe thing is total BS though.

IB4OU2
8/29/2006, 03:23 PM
Oh, and as for the "i dont think the mods (less norm) routinely look for people to pick on - i think there are times when they exercise their own sense of humor at the expense of somebody who's probably "asked for it"" - I don't look for people to pick on. But when it's obvious someone deserves it, I'll pick on them. Hell, I've helped in some meltdowns before I was an Admin. There is no reason my personality would have changed too much after I became an admin. I will say that I try to give people the benefit of the doubt more now. Take OUThunder. He was my nemesis for a while. I could have banned him a hundred times after I became an admin but I didn't. He deserved the hell out of his ban though, so when he was close to a meltdown I did my own part in helping that along. And it was fun.

Let me know if I ever get on your list....please.

Norm In Norman
8/29/2006, 03:24 PM

I could change anyones post on any date. I can't login as them though. I didn't look at the linked thread though.

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 03:24 PM
conjunction junction whats your function...

That reminds me of a family guy version of that song:

Kinda NSFW

Vagina junction, what's your function? Takin' in sperm, and spittin' out babies.

yermom
8/29/2006, 03:25 PM
once again, totally overestimating our motivation level

i'm not saying you did, but that it could happen that way :P

bri
8/29/2006, 03:26 PM
Why do you hate Sesame Street?

Because of their devious liberal agenda of making me comprehend words and numbers. I just thought it was a f*ckin' puppet show, y'know? I never ASKED to learn! :mad:

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 03:26 PM
THat's not what gdc sayssssss....

NICE TO KNOW YOURE PASSWORD ISN"T...aww forget it.

yermom
8/29/2006, 03:28 PM
That reminds me of a family guy version of that song:

Kinda NSFW

Vagina junction, what's your function? Takin' in sperm, and spittin' out babies.

yep... that's what i thought of as well

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/29/2006, 03:30 PM
I said that I loved you guys.

Don't make me take it back.

Norm In Norman
8/29/2006, 03:37 PM
OK, I don't know what went on with that thread. IT APPEARS (to me) that Chick
ttt'd that thread to **** gdc off for some reason. Then gdc changed the text of the message. Then something happend to copy the thread a few times (I dunno). Then muliple threads got merged and the title was changed to "Please do not spam the board". If I came on the board and saw a bunch of posts on the front page because someone was mad, I might have done the same thing.

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 03:45 PM
OK, I don't know what went on with that thread. IT APPEARS (to me) that Chick
ttt'd that thread to **** gdc off for some reason. Then gdc changed the text of the message. Then something happend to copy the thread a few times (I dunno). Then muliple threads got merged and the title was changed to "Please do not spam the board". If I came on the board and saw a bunch of posts on the front page because someone was mad, I might have done the same thing.

Everybody all together like he's gonna be in trouble....

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2006, 03:50 PM

thanks for confirming what i said in quotes..

sanantoniosooner
8/29/2006, 05:01 PM
I've been posting as Norm in this thread just to prove how unsafe accounts really are.

IB4OU2
8/29/2006, 07:06 PM
Just a question to the Mods and I mean this in the most sincere and non aggressive way but don't you think the owner of this board and forum would frown on a Moderator assisting in the meltdown and then banning of a long time paying Sponsor? Not that Stanley didn't deserve another banning but I would think the Mods would want to avoid pushing them off the ledge. Customer Service is the number one priority in my business but I'm an old guy and maybe thats just pass'e these days.

I do believe the dynamics on this board have changed dramatically in the last year and not for the better......so put me on the list now if you want.
Just to clarify this isn't a meltdown. :D

Sooner_Bob
8/29/2006, 08:15 PM
{gdc}

The real question should be why is a Husker a mod?

{/gdc}

:D

OUinFLA
8/29/2006, 08:30 PM
Just a question to the Mods and I mean this in the most sincere and non aggressive way but don't you think the owner of this board and forum would frown on a Moderator assisting in the meltdown and then banning of a long time paying Sponsor? Not that Stanley didn't deserve another banning but I would think the Mods would want to avoid pushing them off the ledge. Customer Service is the number one priority in my business but I'm an old guy and maybe thats just pass'e these days.

I do believe the dynamics on this board have changed dramatically in the last year and not for the better......so put me on the list now if you want.

You keep bringing up that "old guy" stuff.
Trust me, there will be no pity from this crowd.
STICK WITH THE CLIQUE

leavingthezoo
8/29/2006, 08:33 PM

just out of curiousity, if a customer comes into your place of business and makes accusations and, in general, just rants and raves would you not ask them to change their actions, and eventually request they take their business elsewhere?

i agree there was taunting, but... that's kind of the underlying personality of this board. i think that's why most of us stick around. i like stanley well enough, but it seems to me this entire episode (and probably a couple of previous bannings) would have never happened if he hadn't made it an issue himself. calling out beano in an open forum doesn't sound exactly passive and non-agressive. in fact, that kind of sounds like a customer who is bad for business, IMO. (not stanley himself, but that mentality.)

beyond that, a lot of us have been banned. we just haven't come back and made a personal crusade about it pushing mods to ban us further. yet. :D

GDC
8/29/2006, 08:38 PM
{gdc}

The real question should be why is a Husker a mod?

{/gdc}

That's okay, but for god's sake NO WHORNS!:texan:

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/29/2006, 09:32 PM

I understand your question and you have a very good point. I have a couple of points that I'll offer up in response.

Stanley1 was banned 3 times prior to a moderator assisting in a meltdown. THREE times. In all three cases, he had gone haywire before any admin or mod had even an inkling that anything had happened. At some point, the service stops being toward Stanley and bending over backward to appease him and toward everyone else on the board (including the volunteer admins who have spent WAY too much time dealing with him). If I frequented a restaurant that had an abusive customer that was harrassing not only the owner and the staff, but other paying customers as well, at some point it becomes irresponsible to NOT show him the door.

In fact, regarding being a paying customer, since he was a sponsor, he was shown a lot more leniency than he would have been were he not one. And the fact that he was a long-timer and a tailgate guy cut him even more slack. Anyone without those credentials would have been gone after the second tirade.

I just don't buy the assertion that he was treated unfairly, unless you think that fairness would have dictated that he be gone long before now.

But, maybe, you think, even prior to his fourth banning, the mods should not have participated in making fun of him. Well, we judge each 3 time banee on a case by case basis. He was in rarified air at that point. We didn't have a lot of experience to draw from. Maybe we'll do better on the next three time offender.

That may have been a couple of points. I'm not sure. Probably more like a point and a half.

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/29/2006, 09:42 PM
And regarding the board personality changing for the worse.

It's just busier now. There are going to be more people here that you don't like than there used to be. There are strong personalities and they like to type.

There's a lot of people here and they aren't all going to be happy. I'm sorry you're one of the not so happy ones.

sanantoniosooner
8/29/2006, 09:44 PM
All the cliques are at capacity.

A guy like me has nowhere to turn.

Cam
8/29/2006, 09:46 PM
There are strong personalities and they like to type.
Really?

600 + posts, who'd of thunk it.

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/29/2006, 09:47 PM
Really?

600 + posts, who'd of thunk it.

And then there are the smart asses. :mad:

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 09:57 PM
Yeah, :mad:

Sooner_Bob
8/29/2006, 09:59 PM
Leave it to Cam . . . :D

Cam
8/29/2006, 10:02 PM
And then there are the smart asses. :mad:
:eek:

I've been a good boy this whole thread. I typed out quite a few replys to posts in thread and decided it wasn't worth it.

IB4OU2
8/29/2006, 10:05 PM
I understand your question and you have a very good point. I have a couple of points that I'll offer up in response.

Stanley1 was banned 3 times prior to a moderator assisting in a meltdown. THREE times. In all three cases, he had gone haywire before any admin or mod had even an inkling that anything had happened. At some point, the service stops being toward Stanley and bending over backward to appease him and toward everyone else on the board (including the volunteer admins who have spent WAY too much time dealing with him). If I frequented a restaurant that had an abusive customer that was harrassing not only the owner and the staff, but other paying customers as well, at some point it becomes irresponsible to NOT show him the door.

In fact, regarding being a paying customer, since he was a sponsor, he was shown a lot more leniency than he would have been were he not one. And the fact that he was a long-timer and a tailgate guy cut him even more slack. Anyone without those credentials would have been gone after the second tirade.

I just don't buy the assertion that he was treated unfairly, unless you think that fairness would have dictated that he be gone long before now.

But, maybe, you think, even prior to his fourth banning, the mods should not have participated in making fun of him. Well, we judge each 3 time banee on a case by case basis. He was in rarified air at that point. We didn't have a lot of experience to draw from. Maybe we'll do better on the next three time offender.

That may have been a couple of points. I'm not sure. Probably more like a point and a half.

Beano, I'm not that unhappy and I respect the job you, Norm, Dean and DE perfom... it's just sad Stan (I used to call him my Little Bro.) is permabanned now and as I mentioned I believe he deserved the banning.... particularly after he called you out for no reason. It just seems to me "we eat our own" a lot more around here than we used to and wer'e not quite the same kind of tight group we used to be. Could just be my issue to....I've had a tough year with physical problems and my perception could be somewhat skewed. I've never been banned but then again I follow the rules. Hopefully I didn't just break one. :eek: GoodNight.

OUinFLA
All the cliques are at capacity.

A guy like me has nowhere to turn.

As you get much older, you can consider the "old guys" clique.
We let almost anyone in, as we cant remember to get together and vote.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
And then there are the dumb asses. :mad:

speaking of which, nick is walking on tip toes on the football board and has totally 180'd himself. i have dibs after our first loss though...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/29/2006, 10:07 PM
Beano, I'm not that unhappy and I respect the job you, Norm, Dean and DE perfom... it's just sad Stan (I used to call him my Little Bro.) is permabanned now and as I mentioned I believe he deserved the banning.... particularly after he called you out for no reason. It just seems to me "we eat our own" a lot more around here than we used to and wer'e not quite the same kind of tight group we used to be. Could just be my issue to....I've had a tough year with physical problems and my perception could be somewhat skewed. I've never been banned but then again I follow the rules. Hopefully I didn't just break one. :eek: GoodNight.

stan needs a break. nothing is going to stop him from returning in several months with a cooler head. heck, look at my post about nick up there...

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/29/2006, 10:12 PM

I've been a good boy this whole thread. I typed out quite a few replys to posts in thread and decided it wasn't worth it.

I do that a lot too.

You know, one of my posts accidentally got through in this particular thread by hitting submit accidentally instead of preview.

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2006, 10:15 PM
I do that a lot too.

You know, one of my posts accidentally got through in this particular thread by hitting submit accidentally instead of preview.

You *do* know you can edit posts right?

Sheeesh, some mod you are.

;)

sanantoniosooner
8/29/2006, 10:16 PM
The cool thing is that I can keep posting and you guys keep ignoring me.

IB4OU2
8/29/2006, 10:34 PM
just out of curiousity, if a customer comes into your place of business and makes accusations and, in general, just rants and raves would you not ask them to change their actions, and eventually request they take their business elsewhere?

i agree there was taunting, but... that's kind of the underlying personality of this board. i think that's why most of us stick around. i like stanley well enough, but it seems to me this entire episode (and probably a couple of previous bannings) would have never happened if he hadn't made it an issue himself. calling out beano in an open forum doesn't sound exactly passive and non-agressive. in fact, that kind of sounds like a customer who is bad for business, IMO. (not stanley himself, but that mentality.)

beyond that, a lot of us have been banned. we just haven't come back and made a personal crusade about it pushing mods to ban us further. yet. :D

Yes we have customers EXACTLY like that....their names are Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed, The U.S Navy and NASA. just to name a few .....;)

and I understand your point though LZ. Thanks! :)

Norm In Norman
8/29/2006, 10:55 PM
Disagreeing or being honest aren't against the rules.

I honestly can't remember when you started posting here, but from 2000 to maybe 2002 it WAS a tight knit group. I bet there are few from back then that would disagree that it was better then than ever before. Then this place started getting popular and now there are too many people for it to be a tight knit group. I mean, at 10:15 there were 200 people reading the board. That's a lot of people and a lot of conflicting personalities. Which explains all the "cliques".

I'd say that if Stanley had posted in 2001 he would have been ran off not by mods but by the general populace. To me, running bri off was "eating our own". Running Stan off was just running a frequent troublemaker off. And honestly, I feel a little bad that Stan had to be banned. Friday night I tried really hard to get him to lay low for a while (ask him) and damned if he just couldn't do it. But if you decide you are going to war with a mod, you are more than likely going to lose.

And let me say something - nobody expects Dean to not pick on people and speak his mind, so I don't know why everyone expects Beano to keep things to himself. I think it must seem worse when he does it because he isnt abrasive as much as Dean. Maybe that's a sign that when he is abrasive (not playing of course) it's for a damn good reason. While Dean is just generally abrasive (smiley).

As for me - I bet I have the lowest number of bans of any mod. Sure, I might antagonize you if you **** me off enough, but I'm not going to ban you for being in a fight with me. I generally am just doing it to make you show your real colors, although I will admit that I occasionally lose my cool.

At least the season is almost upon us. Things are usually better during football season.

Norm In Norman
8/29/2006, 11:05 PM
Screw all that. I'd like to see you all r-u-n-n-o-f-t. I'm tired of you all.

yermom
8/29/2006, 11:40 PM
**** off dip****

yermom
8/29/2006, 11:41 PM
speaking of which, nick is walking on tip toes on the football board and has totally 180'd himself. i have dibs after our first loss though...

i guess i haven't been there in a while...

proud gonzo
8/29/2006, 11:43 PM
And honestly, I feel a little bad that Stan had to be banned. Friday night I tried really hard to get him to lay low for a while (ask him) and damned if he just couldn't do it. But if you decide you are going to war with a mod, you are more than likely going to lose.

I tried talking to him also... I don't know that it helped at all. I thought he had calmed down.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/30/2006, 01:37 AM
I tried talking to him also... I don't know that it helped at all. I thought he had calmed down.

yeah, but then he looked at his credit card bill ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/30/2006, 01:48 AM
As for me - I bet I have the lowest number of bans of any mod. Sure, I might antagonize you if you **** me off enough, but I'm not going to ban you for being in a fight with me. I generally am just doing it to make you show your real colors, although I will admit that I occasionally lose my cool.

i think soonerboy has you beat ;)

most of the people (~90%) that get permabanned fall into 2 categories -> spammers and fans from another team. i have no compunction about pulling the trigger on any of these yahoos

that leaves our own and trolls - personally, i have no problem with entertaining trolls as long as they are obvious or they serve a purpose. and my definition of entertaining is varied as smack talking trolls can be rather humorous on smack central. also trolling as another team's penguin, kittens, or whatever is okay by me as long as you obey the posting rules. where you cross the line is trolling to hide behind a different mask. that irritation is enough to motivate me into the admin cp and do research on IPs.

for the record, i have tossed a couple of sooner noobs/horns/others into the "annoy" category for 24 hours if they needed to cool off, but for the most part i leave that to dean, DE and phil.

soonerboomer93
8/30/2006, 03:34 AM
:confused: wait, i'm so confused

there's still a football board?

OU4LIFE
8/30/2006, 05:41 AM
I think it must seem worse when he does it because he isnt abrasive as much as Dean. Maybe that's a sign that when he is abrasive (not playing of course) it's for a damn good reason. While Dean is just generally abrasive (smiley).

It obvious that Deans beard is chafing Norms thighs.

Sooner_Bob
8/30/2006, 07:23 AM
DOH!

GDC
8/30/2006, 07:54 AM
So Stan may be allowed back at some point, but others' permabanes are more, well, permanent?:twinkies:

jk the sooner fan
8/30/2006, 08:14 AM
i would hope that stan can come back after a few months break....

BigRedJed
8/30/2006, 08:23 AM
Jeebus. You people sure know how to screw up a perfectly good Flaming Lips thread.

IB4OU2
8/30/2006, 08:23 AM
Disagreeing or being honest aren't against the rules.

I honestly can't remember when you started posting here, but from 2000 to maybe 2002 it WAS a tight knit group. I bet there are few from back then that would disagree that it was better then than ever before. Then this place started getting popular and now there are too many people for it to be a tight knit group. I mean, at 10:15 there were 200 people reading the board. That's a lot of people and a lot of conflicting personalities. Which explains all the "cliques".

I'd say that if Stanley had posted in 2001 he would have been ran off not by mods but by the general populace. To me, running bri off was "eating our own". Running Stan off was just running a frequent troublemaker off. And honestly, I feel a little bad that Stan had to be banned. Friday night I tried really hard to get him to lay low for a while (ask him) and damned if he just couldn't do it. But if you decide you are going to war with a mod, you are more than likely going to lose.

And let me say something - nobody expects Dean to not pick on people and speak his mind, so I don't know why everyone expects Beano to keep things to himself. I think it must seem worse when he does it because he isnt abrasive as much as Dean. Maybe that's a sign that when he is abrasive (not playing of course) it's for a damn good reason. While Dean is just generally abrasive (smiley).

At least the season is almost upon us. Things are usually better during football season.

Well, you guys do a great job Norm. I'll never forget the way you held this board together during the Bomar episode a month ago. and thanks to Beano and JKM for putting up with a whiney old guy (from the old guy clique).

C&CDean
8/30/2006, 08:50 AM

Herein lies the problem. You see, it wasn't about stanley calming down. It was about stanley stoning up. Basically, everything wrong in his entire world is the fault of somebody else. Everyone else is wrong, and he's right. For whatever reason, stanley has evolved into a selfish, whiney, very spoiled brat version of his former self. Nobody on this board has ever taken their expensive toys and went home more than stanley. Basically it was the only child syndrome.

And anyone who's ever been in management for long has had to terminate somebody. It sucks. Hard. Like somebody said, it feels like we're eating our own. But after you've been in management for a while, and have seen the effect/s of these terminations, you realize it's for the betterment of the company as a whole. Yes, many individuals will feel hurt and pain, but hey, don't be a dickhead, and people won't have to feel sorry for you when you get ****canned.

And to you, Mr. Norm. I am NOT abrasive. I am simply just one of the few people in this world who are willing to speak their mind openly, honestly, and without prejudice. A spade will always be a spade. Why bull**** about it?

I never type/say anything in the mindset of being abrasive. However, I will admit that I kind of get a kick out of getting a rise out of people. I'm competetive by nature, and have always enjoyed a good game. Some people can't play the game without getting their feelings hurt (which I simply don't get). So those people tend to get reamed a little more during the action. If I'm ever wrong, or get bettered, I will always gladly admit it. And thank you for the challenging exercise. Of course this doesn't happen. Often.

Beef
8/30/2006, 08:54 AM
I really wish **** wasn't censored. I always think it's something else. And I don't think I'm the only one. I'm done whining for now.

OU4LIFE
8/30/2006, 08:59 AM
Herein lies the problem. You see, it wasn't about stanley calming down. It was about stanley stoning up. Basically, everything wrong in his entire world is the fault of somebody else. Everyone else is wrong, and he's right. For whatever reason, stanley has evolved into a selfish, whiney, very spoiled brat version of his former self. Nobody on this board has ever taken their expensive toys and went home more than stanley. Basically it was the only child syndrome.

And anyone who's ever been in management for long has had to terminate somebody. It sucks. Hard. Like somebody said, it feels like we're eating our own. But after you've been in management for a while, and have seen the effect/s of these terminations, you realize it's for the betterment of the company as a whole. Yes, many individuals will feel hurt and pain, but hey, don't be a dickhead, and people won't have to feel sorry for you when you get ****canned.

And to you, Mr. Norm. I am NOT abrasive. I am simply just one of the few people in this world who are willing to speak their mind openly, honestly, and without prejudice. A spade will always be a spade. Why bull**** about it?

I never type/say anything in the mindset of being abrasive. However, I will admit that I kind of get a kick out of getting a rise out of people. I'm competetive by nature, and have always enjoyed a good game. Some people can't play the game without getting their feelings hurt (which I simply don't get). So those people tend to get reamed a little more during the action. If I'm ever wrong, or get bettered, I will always gladly admit it. And thank you for the challenging exercise. Of course this doesn't happen. Often.

You could have just said "Sorry, I'll shave" and saved yourself a lot of typing.

Mjcpr
8/30/2006, 09:03 AM
I never type/say anything in the mindset of being abrasive.

Norm never said you realized you were being an ***, just that you were an ***. :D

My only question in the latest bane of Stan, and it's not something keeping me up at night believe me, is that the back and forth with Beano didn't seem to break any rules in that Stan was fairly calm and didn't appear to me to go into full meltdown mode. So, he was baned for the previous three baneings (his body of work) and to me, that just doesn't feel right. I guess I feel like if you did your time for those, it should be over. I'd hate for somebody to go get re-offended at the pic I posted and ban me again for it.

Just my opinion.....

Fugue
8/30/2006, 09:05 AM
I'm re-offended at pat's pic.

bri
8/30/2006, 09:07 AM
I think it was more like, his body of work and his refusal to admit that he'd been caught in, at best, an exaggeration and at worse a bald-faced lie.

OUDoc
8/30/2006, 09:11 AM
I think it was more like, his body of work and his refusal to admit that he'd been caught in, at best, an exaggeration and at worse a bald-faced lie.
Well, why didn't Beano just say that? ;)

Mjcpr
8/30/2006, 09:11 AM

While highly unlikely, it has been determined that his story could technically still be true hasn't it? I mean, what with the IP addresses being "resolved" in other locations and whatnot?

jk the sooner fan
8/30/2006, 09:13 AM
i think in the highest stretch of imagination, his story could "technically" be true

but i do see your point

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/30/2006, 09:14 AM
pfft, you just want beaner to audit your "body of work".

Mjcpr
8/30/2006, 09:18 AM
i think in the highest stretch of imagination, his story could "technically" be true

but i do see your point

I'm sure, but it is possible. I'd hate to be the guy that everyone hated (shut it!) because of an event that they thought I did when I didn't, that's all.

And I read his thread and followed it as best I could but I have never been one of those posters that's able to catch somebody in a lie every time it happens. I just don't pay that close of attention I guess. That's why I'm always the last to know who is a troll and who isn't.

I'm just saying that the re-bane issue is a point of contention for ME in THIS instance. However, this board is not a Democracy and the mods do what they feel is in the best interest of Phil's board so I'm not saying Beano CAN'T do what he did. I understand all of that.

:)

Mjcpr
8/30/2006, 09:18 AM
pfft, you just want beaner to audit your "body of work".

Well, he does have some sweet-*** lips.

C&CDean
8/30/2006, 09:21 AM
While highly unlikely, it has been determined that his story could technically still be true hasn't it? I mean, what with the IP addresses being "resolved" in other locations and whatnot?

Dude, are you a ****ing lawyer?

I'll be blunt here:

stanley got baned for being a dip****. Ad nauseum. Sometimes you've just gotta do what you've gotta do when somebody obviously is not hearing/listening. Hell, I've knocked the fire outta my kids before for being less obtuse than stan was. He was like the kid with his fingers in his ears going "lalalalalalalalala" while somebody was trying to reason with him. Then, when he would respond it was all "well, not really, no, I don't see that, well only partially, well I'm only protecting myself, if they're gonna dish it out they better take it, let's just not talk to each other, hey do me a favor and don't say hello at the tailgate, how about we just disagree and not read each other's crap, well if you accept the blame then I guess I think part of it was my fault, well not really, but........blah, blah, blah."

I've already admitted it to my fellow mods, but I erred when I only gave him the 30-day sentence last month. He got a lot of leeway because he's a regular, a tailgater, etc. In hindsight, a permabane was in order then. Now Beano ended up finishing him off, which isn't really fair to Beano.

Beef
8/30/2006, 09:24 AM
Beano's such a bastard for never "finishing" me off.

GDC
8/30/2006, 09:27 AM
Beano's such a bastard for never "finishing" me off.

Mjcpr
8/30/2006, 09:29 AM

Yes, I have a very successful Corporate Law practice here in Tulsa where I also own a small number of strip clubs.

Mjcpr
8/30/2006, 09:31 AM

I'll be blunt here:

stanley got baned for being a dip****. Ad nauseum. Sometimes you've just gotta do what you've gotta do when somebody obviously is not hearing/listening. Hell, I've knocked the fire outta my kids before for being less obtuse than stan was. He was like the kid with his fingers in his ears going "lalalalalalalalala" while somebody was trying to reason with him. Then, when he would respond it was all "well, not really, no, I don't see that, well only partially, well I'm only protecting myself, if they're gonna dish it out they better take it, let's just not talk to each other, hey do me a favor and don't say hello at the tailgate, how about we just disagree and not read each other's crap, well if you accept the blame then I guess I think part of it was my fault, well not really, but........blah, blah, blah."

I've already admitted it to my fellow mods, but I erred when I only gave him the 30-day sentence last month. He got a lot of leeway because he's a regular, a tailgater, etc. In hindsight, a permabane was in order then. Now Beano ended up finishing him off, which isn't really fair to Beano.

And thanks for being blunt......I was afraid you were going to dance around the issue. :D

If he was baned for that, then fine......but I thought he was baned for that in addition to what he had been baned for previously. I could've misunderstood what Beano said on that.

And before you get too excited, I'm just stating my opinion here. I'm not losing any sleep over this and I realize he can be baned and it doesn't have to seem "right" to everybody and all that.

Howzit
8/30/2006, 09:32 AM
Too often we begin to view posting here as a right. It ain't a right, it's a privelege. Some of us even pay for that privilege, but it's still a privilege nonetheless.

We are guests here, and when a guest in my house becomes pi$$y with me I show him the door.

Stan got pi$$y in someone else's house.

OU4LIFE
8/30/2006, 09:36 AM
Too often we begin to view posting here as a right. It ain't a right, it's a privelege. Some of us even pay for that privilege, but it's still a privilege nonetheless.

We are guests here, and when a guest in my house becomes pi$$y with me I show him the door.

I can't wait to get to your house.

Beef
8/30/2006, 09:38 AM

Stan=1TC??

GDC
8/30/2006, 09:40 AM
At one point I thought Stan=NormanPride.

1stTimeCaller
8/30/2006, 09:44 AM
I can't wait to have secks in Dean's trailer this weekend.

C&CDean
8/30/2006, 09:45 AM
At one point I thought Stan=NormanPride.

Dude, conspiracy theory much? Unprotected passwords, whorn lovers, trolls, oh my.......

GDC
8/30/2006, 09:47 AM
Dude, conspiracy theory much? Unprotected passwords, whorn lovers, trolls, oh my.......

No conspiracy theory, I was told that by another poster, in person.

OUinFLA
8/30/2006, 09:47 AM

I thought what we paid for was the really nifty Sponsor Gift.
I know I never leave home without mine.

JohnnyMack
8/30/2006, 09:48 AM

http://www.homevideos.com/freezeframes12/somethingmary281.jpeg

Beef
8/30/2006, 09:49 AM
Is that the Sponsor's gift?

1stTimeCaller
8/30/2006, 09:51 AM
Is that the Sponsor's gift?

yep but it had better not be the gift that keeps on givin', if ya know what I mean.

Norm In Norman
8/30/2006, 10:09 AM

Hey man, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. You are just more likely to say what you think, while most are more likely to sit on their opinion so someone doesn't get ****ed off. You used to post more on hornfans than here, so I'd say yeah, you like getting a rise out of people. That's why most people like you. Me? I like you for totally physical reasons.

colleyvillesooner
8/30/2006, 10:13 AM
MOD FIGHT!!

OU4LIFE
8/30/2006, 10:21 AM
No conspiracy theory, I was told that by another poster, in person.

who he refuses to name to protect his integruty.

OU4LIFE
8/30/2006, 10:26 AM
Me? I like you for totally physical reasons.

SEE! I told you it was whisker burn Dean....

GDC
8/30/2006, 10:27 AM
who he refuses to name to protect his integruty.

Heh, no actually we've discussed this previously, it was Homey.:D

OU4LIFE
8/30/2006, 10:30 AM
so Homey has no integrity?

ouch.

GDC
8/30/2006, 10:32 AM
so Homey has no integrity?

ouch.

No, his integrity is fine, he had just been misinformed that NormanPride (very nice guy, btw) was actually Stanley, or vice-versa.

C&CDean
8/30/2006, 10:33 AM
And I thought NormanPride was a chick. Man, I'm really confused now.

And I think maybe I oughta get back in Norm's butt again.

GDC
8/30/2006, 10:36 AM
Actually, now that I think about it, I still don't know for an absolute fact that Stan and NormanPride are not the same person, so Homey may actually have been right all along.:D

OU4LIFE

and the gay comments just keep coming...

Howzit
I can't wait to get to your hose.

ME TOO!!! SATURDAY CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH!!!

OU4LIFE
8/30/2006, 10:39 AM
Dean has Norm, and I have powdered wig man.

great.

IB4OU2
8/30/2006, 10:48 AM
So....I'm not listed as a troublemaker now am I? ;)

OU4LIFE
8/30/2006, 10:50 AM
you are in my book.

and a cheater.

IB4OU2
8/30/2006, 10:52 AM
you are in my book.

and a cheater.

how'd you know I was holding those pair of sixes up my sleeve? :P

C&CDean
8/30/2006, 10:54 AM
When I cheat, it's always aces. I'm just sayin'....

OU4LIFE
8/30/2006, 10:56 AM
If I had known, I wouldn't have gone all in.

He's a beginning cheater Dean.

IB4OU2
8/30/2006, 10:58 AM
When I cheat, it's always aces. I'm just sayin'....

I had those handy too...:)

NormanPride
8/30/2006, 11:01 AM

What the ****, man?!

I am so bringing a stepladder Saturday.

1stTimeCaller
8/30/2006, 11:02 AM
What the ****, man?!

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

C&CDean
8/30/2006, 11:03 AM
What the ****, man?!

Condoms would probably be the smarter choice.

NormanPride
8/30/2006, 11:06 AM
Condoms would probably be the smarter choice.

They always break on me...

I find that socks hold the quarter rolls better.

sooner n houston
8/30/2006, 12:53 PM
Wow, I didn't know if I would evar get to the end of this thread! And now that I have, I'm not sure why I did! :D

Skysooner
8/30/2006, 12:58 PM
Wow, I didn't know if I would evar get to the end of this thread! And now that I have, I'm not sure why I did! :D

Kind of like climbing Everest. Just to say you have been there.

Sooner_Bob
8/30/2006, 01:07 PM
So what has been decided over the last 4 new pages of this thing?

Nothing?

Ok, I'll move on .

1stTimeCaller
8/30/2006, 01:19 PM
So what has been decided over the last 4 new pages of this thing?

Nothing?

Ok, I'll move on .

Bob, you're just jumping into this on post #682?

;)

Sooner_Bob
8/30/2006, 01:21 PM
Unfortunately no . . . :D

bri
8/30/2006, 03:37 PM
Heh, no actually we've discussed this previously, it was Homey.:D

Actually, you heard it from Homey, who heard it from me, who heard it from BSG.

So, as usual, it's all the woman's fault.

:les: GIVE ME BACK MY RIB, BITCH!!!

GDC
8/30/2006, 03:46 PM

I've always attributed all the problems in my life to the women folk.:D

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/30/2006, 03:57 PM

Mmm.....ribs.

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/30/2006, 03:58 PM

Why else would jk refer to the "jedi mind tricks" being pulled on posters?

Yeah, that reputation comment seems out of character. Did you ask her about it?

In regard to that thread you linked. You were mad about something. I forget what. You started a thread that said, "give me a star" "ooh I think I touched a nerve."

Then you copied it to every freaking forum on the board.

I merged them together and changed the subject line.

No secret voodoo or anything like that.

GDC
8/30/2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah, that reputation comment seems out of character. Did you ask her about it?

Yes, and I never heard back.

In regard to that thread you linked. You were mad about something. I forget what. You started a thread that said, "give me a star" "ooh I think I touched a nerve."

Then you copied it to every freaking forum on the board.

I merged them together and changed the subject line.

No secret voodoo or anything like that.

No Beano, I changed the first post later, it originally said "As usual I got nothin'." The rest followed because I was upset a mod had either done that or allowed it to happen. I swear to god I did not start that thread.

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/30/2006, 04:06 PM
Ok, let me dig a little more.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/30/2006, 04:07 PM
Beano knows everything.

NormanPride
8/30/2006, 04:09 PM
Mmm.....ribs.

:les: YOU TOLD DEAN I WAS A GIRL!

colleyvillesooner
8/30/2006, 04:09 PM
Ok, let me dig a little more.

Careful, Chief. Dig up the past, all you get is dirty

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/30/2006, 04:20 PM
Ok, here's what I think happened.

You started a thread back in 2/2004. Forgot about it. Wanted a star. Maybe you had just paid to become a sponsor. I don't know. Don't remember.

That thread was started by an IP address only used by you and you replied to it from the same IP the next day.

Then, 2 years later, Chick finds it and replies, "Only one?"

You, having forgotten about the thread, think someone started it using your ID. Makes you mad. Edit it to say, "touched a nerve." copied it to all the forums. I clean up and change the thread title.

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/30/2006, 04:20 PM
And no more research for me.

NormanPride
8/30/2006, 04:21 PM
I didn't even know you could copy a thread to different forums.

jk the sooner fan
8/30/2006, 04:22 PM
i could almost hear the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/30/2006, 04:23 PM

Gold sponsor.

1stTimeCaller

hell, I didn't know you were a guy!!

Beano's Fourth Chin
i could almost hear the Mission Impossible theme song playing in the background

Funny, I can't hear a darn thing over the grinding of my teeth.

colleyvillesooner
8/30/2006, 04:25 PM

You started a thread back in 2/2004. Forgot about it. Wanted a star. Maybe you had just paid to become a sponsor. I don't know. Don't remember.

That thread was started by an IP address only used by you and you replied to it from the same IP the next day.

You, having forgotten about the thread, think someone started it using your ID. Makes you mad. Edit it to say, "touched a nerve." copied it to all the forums. I clean up and change the thread title.

Take your pick:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/xLuk3x/16932553684374d27b86c1d2.gif

or

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/calland/owned.gif

jk the sooner fan
8/30/2006, 04:27 PM
has there been a longer thread in the history of the sponsors forum?

i think not

way to go PG and Stanley!!!!!!!

Sooner_Bob
8/30/2006, 04:27 PM
What is this the quest for the longest thread on SF.com?

Sooner_Bob
8/30/2006, 04:28 PM
That's freakin' scary jk . . .

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/30/2006, 04:28 PM

Hey... what are YOU listening to?

jk the sooner fan
8/30/2006, 04:30 PM
in the monty python movie "the meaning of life", they should have ended up here......

Howzit
8/30/2006, 04:31 PM
:les: I'M TELLIN' YA, THE CHECKOUT MACHINE FREAKIN' TALKS!!!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/30/2006, 04:32 PM
in the monty python movie "the meaning of life", they should have ended up here......I think the cast of Lost is ending up here.

OCUDad
8/30/2006, 04:33 PM
The level of spelling and grammar on this thread has been abysmal.

Mjcpr
8/30/2006, 04:34 PM
The level of spelling and grammar on this thread has been abysmal.

Oh, that's ironical....I think you mean abizmul.

OCUDad
8/30/2006, 04:37 PM
Pepto-bizmul?

Sooner_Bob
8/30/2006, 04:37 PM
Hey... what are YOU listening to?

Weary Eyes by The Lonely Hearts :twinkies:

Scott D
8/30/2006, 04:38 PM
The 3 most recent pages haven't entertained me enough.

Dean is the only one posting anything worth reading...I mean who knew he'd justify being a big ole ***** :D

btw, Buddy Guy is playing here soon muh****ah'

bri
8/30/2006, 04:45 PM
Jerry Reed - "East Bound and Down"

Oh I love your suits. It must have been a bitch to get a 68 Extra Fat and a 12 Dwarf...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/30/2006, 04:52 PM
do threads still break on page 68?

NormanPride
8/30/2006, 04:57 PM
hell, I didn't know you were a guy!!

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif
:mad:

OUinFLA
8/30/2006, 05:04 PM
do threads still break on page 68?

If Meano hadn't been so quick to baine Stain, we probably would have known by today.

bri
8/30/2006, 05:08 PM
Actually, it seems like this thing has actually picked up steam SINCE the baning...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/30/2006, 05:10 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highneg.gif
:mad:

your mohawk's crooked there missy

proud gonzo
8/30/2006, 05:12 PM
has there been a longer thread in the history of the sponsors forum?

i think not

way to go PG and Stanley!!!!!!! oh really, mister "i'm tied for the most number of posts in this thread"??? ;)

GDC
8/30/2006, 05:13 PM
Take your pick:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/xLuk3x/16932553684374d27b86c1d2.gif

or

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/calland/owned.gif

Both highly original, cvs, at least the paintball thing in the other thread was new.

I do not remember starting that thread, but I won't dispute Beano's research. The common thread in these instances is a certain poster, linked closely to Stanley, the one just banned for life. Coincidence?

hurricane'bone
8/30/2006, 05:17 PM
Yes.

bri
8/30/2006, 05:45 PM
SLOWLY BACK AWAY FROM THE SF.COM CHAT!!!!!

LosAngelesSooner
8/30/2006, 05:58 PM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31685

GDC
8/30/2006, 06:58 PM
I think I finally got to the bottom of all this, and I wash my hands of it once and for all. Good night.:D

olevetonahill
8/30/2006, 07:05 PM
I think I finally got to the bottom of all this, and I wash my hands of it once and for all. Good night.:D
You going to bed this early ? what are you a chicken farmer :eek:

bri
8/30/2006, 07:13 PM
I'm a chicken executioner...

olevetonahill
8/30/2006, 07:22 PM
I'm a chicken executioner...
thot that was Deans job ? oh wait thats puppies that hes in charge of ;)

Norm In Norman
8/30/2006, 08:21 PM

Now that you say it that way, I remember one day logging on in the morning after gdc got ****ed and seeing that post on every single forum. I think you are right.

GDC
8/30/2006, 08:28 PM
You going to bed this early ? what are you a chicken farmer :eek:

Not anymore, but I've been known to choke my chicken on occasion.:D

colleyvillesooner
8/30/2006, 08:37 PM
Both highly original, cvs, at least the paintball thing in the other thread was new.

I do not remember starting that thread, but I won't dispute Beano's research. The common thread in these instances is a certain poster, linked closely to Stanley, the one just banned for life. Coincidence?

I aim to please.

And if anyone knows tired schtick...

GDC
8/30/2006, 08:41 PM
I aim to please.

And if anyone knows tired schtick...

I've got your schtick right here, lunch boy.

colleyvillesooner
8/30/2006, 08:48 PM
LUNCH SMACK!!!!!

http://www.jedisanctuary.org/assets/wallpaper/thumbnails/a_darthvader.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Norm In Norman
8/30/2006, 08:54 PM
OK, I don't know what went on with that thread. IT APPEARS (to me) that Chick ttt'd that thread to **** gdc off for some reason. Then gdc changed the text of the message. Then something happend to copy the thread a few times (I dunno). Then muliple threads got merged and the title was changed to "Please do not spam the board". If I came on the board and saw a bunch of posts on the front page because someone was mad, I might have done the same thing.
Oops - sorry Chick. I shouldn't have assumed you did it to annoy gdc. That was when he was starting to ... melt around the edges? ... a little bit and I just thought you were bumping the thread to get under his skin or something. I dunno why you bumped it, but it just happened to be one that got closed after all was said and done.

Again, sorry about the accusation. I honestly wasn't trying to take a dig at you or anything.

Sooner_Bob
8/30/2006, 08:56 PM
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~mrubenst/mikerubenstein.jpg

RacerX
8/30/2006, 09:18 PM
Feelings, nothing more than feelings,

Scott D
8/30/2006, 09:33 PM
[Yao Ming]Feerings...nusing more ran feerings[/Yao Ming]

sanantoniosooner
8/30/2006, 10:19 PM
I can only hope that my meltdown ends as gloriously as this one.

IB4OU2
8/30/2006, 10:29 PM
I could get all sappy again to keep this thing rollin'........

bri
8/30/2006, 11:21 PM
IT'S ROLLIN', BABY!! IT'S ROLLIN'!!!!!!!

GDC
8/31/2006, 07:57 AM
LUNCH SMACK!!!!!

http://www.jedisanctuary.org/assets/wallpaper/thumbnails/a_darthvader.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Okay, how about gay junior high grab-*** whorn-loving lunch thread smack, speaking of tired schticks?

Sooner_Bob
8/31/2006, 08:10 AM
And once again . . .

Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

jk the sooner fan
8/31/2006, 08:11 AM
sigh......

talk about your friggin beatings....

GDC
8/31/2006, 08:15 AM
like clockwork:rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
8/31/2006, 08:18 AM
like clockwork:rolleyes:

hello pot.....

OU4LIFE
8/31/2006, 08:24 AM
slap fight!

jk the sooner fan
8/31/2006, 08:24 AM
gdc - seriously, can you give it an effin rest......you suck the fun right out of this place as far as i'm concerned

OU4LIFE
8/31/2006, 08:26 AM
I think BOTH of you should just put each other on ignore and save us all the drama.

Sooner_Bob
8/31/2006, 08:34 AM
Hairy has spoken . . .

jk the sooner fan
8/31/2006, 08:36 AM
i need to stay off here today, i'm in a bad mood and gdc is going to cause me to quit biting my tongue

see you guys at the tailgate saturday

colleyvillesooner
8/31/2006, 09:03 AM
I think BOTH of you should just put each other on ignore and save us all the drama.

Is it possible to put a pharse from a poster on ignore, like, oh I don't know, "hole-in-one"

;)

OU4LIFE
8/31/2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks for mentioning my hole-in-one. I had not thought about it yet today.

I hope you get one soon. You will then begin to understand. ;)

colleyvillesooner
8/31/2006, 09:10 AM
Thanks for mentioning my hole-in-one. I had not thought about it yet today.

I hope you get one soon. You will then begin to understand. ;)

Kinda like Pat will understand when he finally gets some. :D