PDA

View Full Version : Decent point in Mandel's Mailbag

OUstudent4life
8/25/2006, 02:21 PM
After seeing both Oklahoma and Texas practice this fall, which team do you think is going to have the better year, and what's your early prediction for the Red River Rivalry game?
-- Isaiah Bowers, San Diego

You know, one of the main observations I took away from last week's trip was how eerily similar both squads are. Both are going to have phenomenal running games. Both have an overabundance of veteran pass-rushers. Both have extremely fast linebackers. Both have big-time playmakers in the secondary. And both have gigantic question marks at quarterback.

So I hate to cop out, but I don't really see where one has any significant edge over the other. The 'Horns obviously have more proven commodities coming back -- they did win the national championship -- but the Sooners are every bit as talented. I don't know who will win the Red River game, but you can expect both teams to blitz the tar out of each other and for the final score to be something like 13-10.

By all that's holy, let the season start.

Duke o Brewery
8/25/2006, 02:29 PM
Bring 'em on!

BEAT tEXAS!!!!

Octavian
8/25/2006, 02:29 PM
For as good as the programs have been in the '00s, the RRW games themselves haven't been nailbiters w/ the exception of '01.

Barring a turnover fest from one side, this could be the closest game in the Stoops-Mack series.

soonerlaw
8/25/2006, 02:30 PM
..but you can expect both teams to blitz the tar out of each other and for the final score to be something like 43-10 OU.

..fixed. :D

GDC
8/25/2006, 03:56 PM
heels yeh mudderfuggahs

OUster
8/25/2006, 04:13 PM
I am so excited about the season starting, I think Mandel's quote just made it move...

monty
8/25/2006, 04:35 PM
I am so excited about the season starting, I think Mandel's quote just made it move...

you been eating fruit again?

stoopified
8/25/2006, 04:54 PM
LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!

The Ensuing Kickoff
8/25/2006, 07:04 PM
**** Texas. I mean all of them.

jbstrick
8/25/2006, 09:34 PM
It feels like the week before Christmas. I want some football. I don't care who it is.

soonerhubs
8/25/2006, 11:27 PM
Texas got lucky last year, we own them this year. Let it be written.