PDA

View Full Version : texas vs the world football game....

Blues1
8/25/2006, 02:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2560316

Don't think this has been posted...??

R'

Herr Scholz
8/25/2006, 02:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2560316

Don't think this has been posted...??

R'
That is SO Texas. You gotta love those arrogant Texans. ;)

Blues1
8/25/2006, 02:26 PM
IF I understand this right...???
That would put some OU players in this game on the texas team...??

Am I right..??

R"

Duke o Brewery
8/25/2006, 02:26 PM
Another opportunity to cut tejas down to size. Works for me.

OK2LA
8/25/2006, 02:31 PM
That is SO Texas. You gotta love those arrogant Texans. ;)

They are so funny, many of these guys lean on the "half of your team is from texas" argument. They are the second largest state in the union (with relatively usable land) and a population to go along with it. The highschool kids that come out of CA are probably just as good, if not better. The point being that when you get that large of a population - the odds are with you, that you are going to produce some pretty good athletes - just by sheer numbers - IMHO

If Oklahoma sat on top of California, many of our athletes would come out of CA - kinda like WU, UofO, Ore.St., etc.

Herr Scholz
8/25/2006, 02:32 PM
IF I understand this right...???
That would put some OU players in this game on the texas team...??

Am I right..??

R"
We'll take Peterson back please. :D

OK2LA
8/25/2006, 03:05 PM
Who in their right mind would participate in such a thing?

My answer: Players that weren't really going on to the next level, or players that didn't have a good college career.

I mean if A.D. was "invited" to play - why would he risk injuring himself in a pride fest of a pseudo football game such as this, and who in the world is going to be in charge of scouting for the "world" team?!? (if it does develop - I'd take "the world".)

I mean - really - When is this game going to be played in January? After the N.C. game? - So let's say that ou goes to the N.C. game, - A.D. is going to play in this game - AFTER the biggest game of the year?!? Why?

I'd figure that if it does get off the ground, it will NOT be the BEST players at their positions - if they are that good, they will have already played their way into the draft - IF they didn't do so well in their bowl game, they'd go to the Blue/Gray game, or the Senior Bowl where everyone else goes, and all of the other scouts are.

Am I high? (don't answer that)