PDA

View Full Version : The Investigation Interviews: RB and JD (DOK)

pgagolfpro77
8/25/2006, 08:46 AM
Here are the interviews conducted by the compliance staff into the RB and JD situation. Pretty interesting.

Interviews with Rhett, JD, Stoops, Venables, and Johnson.

http://newsok.com/article/2836269/

This is a chance to hear about the situation from the horses mouth, so to speak.

After reading this, have any opinions changed?

soonerlaw
8/25/2006, 08:56 AM
I didn't have a chance to go through them all, but is RB "Unidentified Player #1" and JD "#2," or is it the other way around. Whoever #1 is was being pretty shady and was pretty nervous.

mrowl
8/25/2006, 09:09 AM
is #1 a valley cheerleader???

sooner94
8/25/2006, 09:14 AM
is #1 a valley cheerleader???

Like, what do you mean?

I read both player interviews, and have never seen so many um's and uhmms's, from both the players and the compliance guys. How about some speech classes?

Taxman71
8/25/2006, 09:16 AM
It is obvious RB was ill prepared for the interview and did not spend all of 5 minutes getting his story straight. No doubt an experienced investigator knew he was lying from the first minute. Lucky for him this was not a formal deposition by a trial lawyer.

pgagolfpro77
8/25/2006, 09:16 AM
I think that RB is player #1 and JD #2.

I think also that when they are referring to another player that worked there and its a long line marked out that they are talking about Adrian Peterson. Apparently, they dont just shorten it with "AD." haha.

SOONER44EVER
8/25/2006, 09:17 AM
Thats just sad. If you didn't know these guys ages you'd think they were 5th graders.

JonnyRed
8/25/2006, 09:34 AM
I also believe 1 is Rhett. I wonder what question was asked off the record?

MiccoMacey
8/25/2006, 09:36 AM
"Mr. Investigator, do you want my autograph"? :D

soonerlaw
8/25/2006, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys, I figured RB was #1 too, but then I thought to myself that an "all world" coach's son who does interviews on national TV all the time would be much better spoken than a big ole lineman... but I was wrong.

Miko
8/25/2006, 10:27 AM
uh, that was like, uh like [unintelligible] interesting like

I wonder if that kid could like write his like name in the like dirt with a like stick like.

colleyvillesooner
8/25/2006, 10:36 AM
How do we know those are RB and JD? They interviewed more than two players.

Taxman71
8/25/2006, 10:41 AM
That interview had more "uhs" than a Beavis & Butthead marathon in closed-captioning.

Widescreen
8/25/2006, 10:52 AM
I don't think the 2 guys interviewed were Bomar and Quinn. Guy #1 didn't sound like Bomar to me with all the "you know what I'm saying"'s. Plus, these interviews occurred on 8/3 which was the day after the dismissals. I'm guessing that those types of interviews would have occurred prior to a dismissal. In these interviews, the athletes are talking like they don't know anything and that they didn't do anything wrong.

Sooner-N-KS
8/25/2006, 11:56 AM
That is interesting. Interviews on the 3rd, but the 2 were dismissed on the 2nd. I think Quinn and the Idiot were admitting their wrongdoing on the 3rd.

It almost looks to me like these are the other two guys we've heard speculation on where wrongdoing couldn't be proved.

It did seem that #1 was kind of arrogant.

KingDavid
8/25/2006, 01:24 PM
I also believe 1 is Rhett. I wonder what question was asked off the record?

"Am I getting paid for this?"

leavingthezoo
8/25/2006, 02:35 PM
I don't think the 2 guys interviewed were Bomar and Quinn. Guy #1 didn't sound like Bomar to me with all the "you know what I'm saying"'s. Plus, these interviews occurred on 8/3 which was the day after the dismissals. I'm guessing that those types of interviews would have occurred prior to a dismissal. In these interviews, the athletes are talking like they don't know anything and that they didn't do anything wrong.

i agree with you. i don't even have a feel that it "MIGHT" be bomar and quinn.

jhmh
8/25/2006, 03:02 PM
I don't think it is Bomar or Quinn. There were a few times when the last names weren't completely crossed out and you could make out part of a letter. Bomar and Quinn didn't fit.

Soonerwolf
8/25/2006, 04:06 PM
"Am I getting paid for this?"

If RB was indeed player #1, he really did a good Forrest Gump impersonation.

"Paychecks from BRSI are like a box of chocolates - you never know what your going to get" . . .

:pop: :eek: :hot: :confused: :pop:

Ross33
8/25/2006, 04:57 PM
These aren't Bomar or Quinn. In the "Player 1" interview, the guy asks him if he has any knowledge of any player getting benefits from Big Red, other than the two players he may have read about or heard about from coach.

That question can't be directed at Bomar or Quinn.

OUHOMER
8/27/2006, 08:57 AM
These aren't Bomar or Quinn. In the "Player 1" interview, the guy asks him if he has any knowledge of any player getting benefits from Big Red, other than the two players he may have read about or heard about from coach.

That question can't be directed at Bomar or Quinn.

well, if it was not RB and JD, sounds to me that there were some other guys in trouble.

Sooner-N-KS
8/27/2006, 09:09 AM
well, if it was not RB and JD, sounds to me that there were some other guys in trouble.

To me it looks like there was some concern, but no solid evidence against them.

Rogue
8/27/2006, 03:23 PM
Having done a few investigations at work, the ums and uhs are pretty common when a court reporter type transcribes an interview. They include everything and most people are shocked when they read their own testimony this way. That said, this is some stuff.

King Crimson
8/27/2006, 03:32 PM
hey golf pro, you've got Nietzsche mis-spelled in yer sig, bro.

badger
8/27/2006, 08:50 PM
I have seen the reports. The player using the word "sir" over and over is Bomar.