PDA

View Full Version : Thompson is looking good!

OUGreg723
8/24/2006, 07:58 PM
He played really well tonight at the scrimmage. Limited mistakes and it looked like the guys were having alot of fun and playing hard. I'm getting excited about this team!!:D

OUGreg723
8/24/2006, 08:09 PM
I dont know any of the stats yet, but the offense was moving the ball alot better. Thompson had a great TD pass to Malcom Kelly and another to Brandon Caleb. The Kelly TD was a perfect fade that was right on the money inside the ten. The Caleb TD was a bomb thrown up during the two minute drill. Caleb made a great catch in the endzone.

Caleb looked great tonight and showed a ton of potential. He did drop some easy balls, but he'll improve. BIG UPSIDE on this kid.

Joe John Finley also had some great catches tonight aswell.

Offensive line also looked pretty good. I didnt notice any big mistakes or penalties from them.

Good Scrimmage!

BASSooner
8/24/2006, 08:13 PM
dude i was there as well, i even saw the OL practice before the scrimmage and they can actually block a LOT better oh and yeah PT was great. He had about 3 consecutive completions on one drive and about 2 on the other. Great scrimmage

OUGreg723
8/24/2006, 08:23 PM
Oh, A-PAT looked nice too. He had some good runs out there an was always going 110%.

We looked pretty good in the first scrimmage, but this just looks like a whole new team out there. Very NICE.

BASSooner
8/24/2006, 08:25 PM
oh patrick was impressive, nice catches and great tuck-n-runs. hey who was #17 and #34? was that madu and murray?

OUGreg723
8/24/2006, 08:28 PM
Mossis Madu is 17, and I'm not sure about 34. Its Chris Brown or Murray. I know CB used to be 24 and Murray used to be 3. Maybe one of them switched though.

Jermaine was also wearing #18 instead of #2. Halze was #15 instead of #11.

BASSooner
8/24/2006, 08:30 PM
yeah i saw gresham. was #8 really brandon caleb? because he was PT's favorite target today. Kelly looked good as well.

OUGreg723
8/24/2006, 08:37 PM
Well, Murray is supposed to be #7, Brown is supposed to be #29 and Madu is supposed to be #13..According to the soonersports.com roster. Maybe they were just wearing different jersey's tonight. Who knows.

Readyfor8
8/24/2006, 09:16 PM
You see thats why they took the names off the jerseys, because they plan on switching numbers every week to confuse the other team.

1991SOONER
8/24/2006, 09:22 PM
That sounds great!! This is going to be a great season.

You should read some of the retarded posts over on hornfans. They are believing now that we are going to do no better than 6-6:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I mean...common:rolleyes:

goingoneight
8/24/2006, 09:26 PM
Well, Murray is supposed to be #7, Brown is supposed to be #29 and Madu is supposed to be #13..According to the soonersports.com roster. Maybe they were just wearing different jersey's tonight. Who knows.

Murray #7??? I thought we retired that number... :eek:

goingoneight
8/24/2006, 09:27 PM
You see thats why they took the names off the jerseys, because they plan on switching numbers every week to confuse the other team.

Heh, I can't wait to see Number 12, Adrian Peterson on the Quarterback Draw play...

FlatheadSooner
8/24/2006, 09:30 PM
Great News! Thanks.

So far, So gOUd!!!

:) :cool:

Dan Thompson
8/24/2006, 09:59 PM
If there was anyone who had something to prove on the field, I would think is would be PT. To some extent he was written off and with the 'other guy gone' OU is losing respect in the sports media fast.

I saw an internet poll of 70,000+ said OU would not make a BCS game.

I am going to call DORA for support and if I need I can get BRUCE to help also.:eek:

AzianSooner
8/24/2006, 10:34 PM
Surely, PT won't let the last year mistake repeat. Also, the job is his 100% this year. He will try to have fun because after all, this is his last year.

soonerhubs
8/24/2006, 11:22 PM
I was listening to an ESPNU podcast, (I know stupid me), and Ivan Maisel made an excellent point about how our O-line suffered not so much because of the attrition itself, but because of the timing of the attrition. Now that's where I think we should be glad the Idiot's secrets came out before the Summer Practices began.

We're sitting alot better than people want to think, and I suppose I like that under the radar position. Dallas will be when the nation certainly takes notice.

I bring up this point to emphasize that ENA shall be protected better than last years opener.

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2006, 12:31 AM
I was listening to an ESPNU podcast, (I know stupid me), and Ivan Maisel made an excellent point about how our O-line suffered not so much because of the attrition itself, but because of the timing of the attrition. Now that's where I think we should be glad the Idiot's secrets came out before the Summer Practices began.

We're sitting alot better than people want to think, and I suppose I like that under the radar position. Dallas will be when the nation certainly takes notice.

I bring up this point to emphasize that ENA shall be protected better than last years opener.

Maisel is correct. Both those guys were either starters or expected to play a LOT. The timing of the defection destroyed our OL chemistry for the first few weeks.

VolinArizona
8/25/2006, 12:35 AM
He played really well tonight at the scrimmage. Limited mistakes and it looked like the guys were having alot of fun and playing hard. I'm getting excited about this team!!:D

Awesome!!!!:pop:

I hope he performs higher than the expectations that the talking heads on ESPN have set for him and the team. Finally shut them up! Ou = 12-0 in 2006!!!~!~!

badger
8/25/2006, 12:37 AM
the scimmage ended with a 50 or so yard pass into the endzone. I don't remember who it was to, but I know Paul threw it. It made the crowd happy :)

Fraggle145
8/25/2006, 02:09 AM
I was also there for the entire scrimmage.. afterwards I made a call to some friends that basically said I feel alot better about this season than I did 1.5 hours ago. PT looked solid after the 1st 2 series where it seemed he had a few jitters, but once he got comfortable the O really started to roll (granted against the #2 D, but our #2 D I would think should be pretty solid). the #1 D looked good as well. our receivers still had a few drops but not much to be too worried about. and the fade was the play I was most impressed with especially because whoever the receiver was (see number confusion comments) made sure he got it as well as the reception at the end of the two minute drill to end the scrimmage. overall well done. I am ready to see us line up and put the pads on!

william_brasky
8/25/2006, 04:43 AM
good to hear Greg. Thanks for the report.

4everasooner
8/25/2006, 07:05 AM
Good news guys,THX.

pgagolfpro77
8/25/2006, 07:51 AM
Good news!!!! FINALLY!!!!!

BOOMER!

TheUnnamedSooner
8/25/2006, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the report. Great news!!

OUGreg723
8/25/2006, 09:49 AM
Malcom Kelly caught the fade. Brandon Caleb caught the 50 yd bomb at the end.

Blues1
8/25/2006, 09:59 AM
110% Behind PT --- !!!

It's reports like this that us out of town guys would never get in our local media - So Keep up the GOOD Work....

Stil R'

KingDavid
8/25/2006, 10:04 AM
Murray #7??? I thought we retired that number... :eek:

I say give it to Adrian so that we can bury TOG (that other guy) in the oblivion he deserves.

KingDavid
8/25/2006, 10:07 AM
I want to see ENA drop back and hit Kelly on a stutter and go for an 80 yard TD on the first play. I want Kelly to be as wide open as Travis Wilson was last year against TCU. Everyone will know that last year is history . . . and the Sooner Nation is rolling on!!!!!!!

BRING IT, BABY!!!!
BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingDavid
8/25/2006, 10:10 AM
110% Behind PT --- !!!

It's reports like this that us out of town guys would never get in our local media - So Keep up the GOOD Work....

Stil R'

Amen. Hallelujah. Harumph. Harumph. Nice recon, fellas. I feel like someone just handed me a cold beer on a hot day, or like I found a crumpled $20 in my jeans.

OUGreg723
8/25/2006, 10:11 AM
The best quality of all that I witnessed from Thompson was his leadership. I could really see it flowing out of him. He was relaxed, poised, and confident. His body language is just different now.

Sooner-N-KS
8/25/2006, 10:51 AM
Could someone give a little detail on the bomb pass?

How far was the ball in the air?

What was the coverage like?

Did the ball hit him in stride, or did he have to wait for it?

BASSooner
8/25/2006, 12:34 PM
bombed it into double coverage i think, receiver had to wait for it, the ball was pretty far in the air as well

KingDavid
8/25/2006, 02:11 PM
bombed it into double coverage i think, receiver had to wait for it, the ball was pretty far in the air as well

dude, you just ruined my buzz.

NormanPride
8/25/2006, 02:14 PM
It was a Hail Mary, that's all. Still, shows he's got arm.

KingDavid
8/25/2006, 02:16 PM
It was a Hail Mary, that's all. Still, shows he's got arm.

i had these visions of hitting him in stride, and now i learn it was just a Hail Mary.

PalmBeachSooner
8/25/2006, 03:46 PM
It was the 1's vs. 2's at the scrimmage. That's not meant to be a negative. You'd expect them to be.

GDC
8/25/2006, 03:53 PM
Now if you ****ers that go the games in person will be supportive of Paul instead of booing and acting like asses it might help his confidence.

SoonerJLB
8/25/2006, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=1991SOONER] You should read some of the retarded posts over on hornfans. They are believing now that we are going to do no better than 6-6:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It doesn't susprise me about the whorns. I remember about this time of the year in 2000 before the season was about to start...most of the whorn fans were saying the same type of blather. Like the following:

Horn1: Yeah the Sooners suprised a few people on occasion last season (1999) with their gimmicky offense, they even suprised us a bit the 1st half but our defense figured it out soon enough.

Horn2: Yeah...ha ha...they won't suprise anyone with that lame offense this year...especially since their "Spread guru" Leach bolted for the Sand Aggies...Ha Ha.

Horn1: I thought ole Bobby Stoops was supposed to be a good defensive coach...my grandma could coach better than the Stoops brothers. They suck!

Horn3: Yeah, they suck. Ha Ha! Major will light them up the 1st half...then Chris and Cedric will pour it the Gooners in the 2nd.

Horn2: What about their weak armed QB Heupel.? My Grandma can throw better than him.

Horn1: Yeah...my Grandma too. He sucks. They will be lucky to score a TD on us this year. With that weak o-line our defense will have that Gooner Heupel on his *** all day.

Horn3: Don't they have a miget for a RB? What a joke. The Gooners are not a football team...they are frickin circus.

Horn2: Yeah, and their defense sucks too...a bunch of loser scrubs who couldn't make our scout team. Major will throw for 500 yards. Ced will rush for 500.

Horn1: Zero U will be lucky to beat Baylor this year and that is pushing it.

1991SOONER
8/25/2006, 08:43 PM
And the next five years were h_ell for them. There is a god!!!