PDA

View Full Version : No open date next season

Widescreen
8/24/2006, 05:15 PM
We play every week next season. Basically the season ends early and we get an extra week before the B12 championship game.

http://www.soonersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPID=190&SPORT_TAB_SEL=01&DB_OEM_ID=300&SPSID=2469&Q_SEASON=2007

Landthief 1972
8/24/2006, 05:23 PM
What will the Pokes do without their season-ending loss to OU?

mrowl
8/24/2006, 05:23 PM
they will move the aggot game to thanksgiving.

handcrafted
8/24/2006, 06:04 PM
they will move the aggot game to thanksgiving.

Prolly right. IIR Bob was talking at a presser a coupla years ago and said that if he had his way we would *never* play on Thanksgiving weekend. And for 2 years we didn't. Now, it looks like that policy has been defenestrated. The TV money is too much to turn down, I guess.

Stitch Face
8/24/2006, 06:49 PM
More time between the season and CCG. Great.

Readyfor8
8/24/2006, 09:38 PM
Prolly right. IIR Bob was talking at a presser a coupla years ago and said that if he had his way we would *The never* play on Thanksgiving weekend. And for 2 years we didn't. Now, it looks like that policy has been defenestrated. The TV money is too much to turn down, I guess.

OSU Loves the idea of playing us on Thanksgiving weekend. It elevates them from losers to "rivals" which is like giving away free sheep skins at a barn in Stillwater.

BigXII loves the money and the publicity, but fails to realize it would probably bring in just as much money if played any other day of the year because anyone outside of Oklahoma just doesn't care. Unless we are a contender.

The administration at OU loves the attention even though it doesn't do any good to have it on that weekend. We don't bring in recruits from that game, we don't bring in more ticket sales or have any more TV's turned on than normal.

All true OU fans know its a lose lose to have this game on this weekend. It takes away our free weekend to prepare for the Champ Game. It leads to distraction because of the holiday, looming finals in 3 weeks, and less time to practice that week. If we win we lost a weekend prior to the Champ Game, if we lose we were distracted and got beat by a bottom 50 team.

goingoneight
8/24/2006, 09:42 PM
OSU Loves the idea of playing us on Thanksgiving weekend. It elevates them from losers to "rivals" which is like giving away free sheep skins at a barn in Stillwater.

BigXII loves the money and the publicity, but fails to realize it would probably bring in just as much money if played any other day of the year because anyone outside of Oklahoma just doesn't care. Unless we are a contender.

The administration at OU loves the attention even though it doesn't do any good to have it on that weekend. We don't bring in recruits from that game, we don't bring in more ticket sales or have any more TV's turned on than normal.

All true OU fans know its a lose lose to have this game on this weekend. It takes away our free weekend to prepare for the Champ Game. It leads to distraction because of the holiday, looming finals in 3 weeks, and less time to practice that week. If we win we lost a weekend prior to the Champ Game, if we lose we were distracted and got beat by a bottom 50 team.

I think I've found my new signature... Yes? No? ;)

Readyfor8
8/24/2006, 09:47 PM

Go for it :)

Statalyzer
8/24/2006, 10:48 PM
We play every week next season. Basically the season ends early and we get an extra week before the B12 championship game.

You can thank that 12th regular season game for that. But we don't want to be hard on these poor players by giving them 1 or 2 extra playoff games after school is out now, do we? But taking away the bye weeks during school sessions, nothing wrong with that.

Readyfor8
8/24/2006, 11:25 PM
You can thank that 12th regular season game for that. But we don't want to be hard on these poor players by giving them 1 or 2 extra playoff games after school is out now, do we? But taking away the bye weeks during school sessions, nothing wrong with that.

I guess you are assuming this is Texas and we aren't lifting weights and practicing every week... Including Bye weeks.

RedstickSooner
8/25/2006, 12:46 AM

Maybe, but if not, at least change Stupid's earnings from that mistaken $18 grand to the true figure (which is around $2,000, ain't it?)

Fraggle145
8/25/2006, 02:15 AM

I love in the media guide it says " the most lopsided in continuous instate rivalry" got mine today. I think it is 77-16-7