PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Introduces New Charge-You-At-Whim Plan

SeattleOUstudent
8/24/2006, 10:56 AM
NEW YORK—Verizon Communications, Inc. announced a new service package for its wireless and residential customers that would charge them widely varying, but always high, fees every month depending how the communications giant feels at the time. "Our Charge-At-Whim packages offer the same mediocre quality and insufferable level of customer service you’ve come to expect," a Verizon spokesman said Tuesday. "But it adds an unjustified, arbitrary and, if you’ll allow us to boast, frankly unjustifiable method of determining just how much you’ll pay for them." Packages start at "oh, $69.99 a month, let’s say?" and went into effect about three or four months ago.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/51834

crawfish
8/24/2006, 11:00 AM
AT&T is gonna sue them for copyright infringement.

SeattleOUstudent
8/24/2006, 11:04 AM
Pretty sure Cingular will copy it soon too.

crawfish
8/24/2006, 11:14 AM
Pretty sure Cingular will copy it soon too.

AT&T charged us one month's phone fee, six months after we dropped their service. It was a mess to get them to clean up, and it still pops up once a year.

SeattleOUstudent
8/24/2006, 11:24 AM
AT&T charged us one month's phone fee, six months after we dropped their service. It was a mess to get them to clean up, and it still pops up once a year.

Change your debit/credit card number. Should take care of the auto-billing portion of that

crawfish
8/24/2006, 11:46 AM
Change your debit/credit card number. Should take care of the auto-billing portion of that

There was no auto-billing. Just sent us the bill. Now, once a year, they forward it directly to a collection agency. :mad:

SoonerInKCMO
8/24/2006, 12:38 PM
There was no auto-billing. Just sent us the bill. Now, once a year, they forward it directly to a collection agency. :mad:

AT&T is the worst about that; their billing system doesn't seem to be very flexible. I have a $6 credit with them and have had it for five years. I get a statement once a year from them (I've moved about 6 times in those five years so I have no idea how they keep finding me); I've tried calling them a couple of times to get them to just send me a check for six bucks but they can't seem to figure out how to do that.