PDA

View Full Version : Honk if you love justice!

Norm In Norman
8/24/2006, 10:15 AM
The Tick Vs. Season one comes out Thursday! It's about time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FS9MVK/sr=1-3/qid=1156432123/ref=sr_1_3/002-7901371-3517652?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

In the meantime, here are some quotes:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112196/quotes

Norm In Norman
8/24/2006, 10:17 AM
Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy.

Norm In Norman
8/24/2006, 10:18 AM
I am mighty. I have a glow you cannot see. I have a heart as big as the moon. As warm as bathwater. We are superheroes, men, we don't have time to be charming. The boots of evil were made for walkin'. We're watching the big picture, friend. We know the score. We are a public service, not glamour boys. Not captains of industry. Keep your vulgar moneys. We are a justice sandwich. No toppings necessary. Living rooms of America, do you catch my drift? Do you dig? .

Norm In Norman
8/24/2006, 10:19 AM
It's starting to smell a little like danger in here, or heavily-fried food. .

Norm In Norman
8/24/2006, 10:23 AM
Well, folks, there you have it. A day in the life of a superhero and his sidekick. It's a very long day, the tights are uncomfortable; I think we covered that before. Map light, convenient and essential. A lot of working of villain motifs. Crime has a Bossa Nova beat. Leap before you look. Remember denouement. Other French words: inconvenient, nonessential... oh... I could go on and on... But time's a-wasting and evil's out there making hand-crafted mischief for the swap meet of villainy. And you can't strike a good deal with evil. No matter how much you haggle. We don't need to look for a bargain; goodness is cheap because it's free, and free is as cheap as it gets. Cut. What was that pig about? .

Norm In Norman
8/24/2006, 10:25 AM
You know, Arthur, it's really been quite a day. On the outside, oh, sure, we were pursued by Swiss Industrial Spies, trapped in the belly of a whale. But what really pursued us? Where were we really trapped? C'mon, Arthur. Get meta with me. What pursued us were our own obsessions. I'm good, you're evil. I'm a superhero, you're a sidekick. I'm a woman, you're a man. What does it all mean? Nothing. And where were we all trapped? I'll tell you where, Arthur. In the belly of Love - Love, Chum, Love. .

Norm In Norman
8/24/2006, 10:26 AM
You know, Arthur, when you spend two months riding around on a really big man, you start to learn a few things about yourself. You learn that it is a really great thing to stay on Earth and live in a place that has no arms or legs of its own. And most importantly, Arthur, you learn how to close your eyes and tell yourself that this just isn't happening to me. .

Norm In Norman
8/24/2006, 10:26 AM
You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad. You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness. Bad dog! Bad dog! .

Norm In Norman
8/24/2006, 10:27 AM
Tick: It's your turn now, Thorace-bog.
Thrakkorzog: It's Thrakkorzog. Thrakkorzog. With a K.
Tick: We're only serving humble pie, Whatchamazog.
Thrakkorzog: For the last time, it's...
Tick: Thorax-and-a-bog. Four-yacks-and-a-dog.
Thrakkorzog: No.
Tick: Ah, laxative-log.
Thrakkorzog: No, no, no.
Tick: Sapsucker-frog.
Thrakkorzog: Thrakkorzog.
Tick: Susan?
Thrakkorzog: Now you're doing it on purpose. How juvenile.

OU4LIFE
8/24/2006, 10:52 AM
hard to go wrong with the Tick.

remember the live action one....

Frozen Sooner
8/24/2006, 11:05 AM
SPOON!I've got the live-action version on DVD. :D

NormanPride
8/24/2006, 11:09 AM
That live-action one was underrated. I looved it!

OU4LIFE
8/24/2006, 11:14 AM
I've got the live-action version on DVD. :D

If by "have" you mean "will burn and mail to OU4LIFE" then GREAT!

IronSooner
8/24/2006, 11:43 AM
The live-action one was good, but I always preferred the animated one. For a while they were showing it on sunday mornings, but then switched to Spiderman instead. The Tick pwns Spiderman.

Norm In Norman
8/24/2006, 12:24 PM
I loved the live action too (although not nearly as well as the animated one), but it was on fox and ... it was on Fox. They pushed the HELL out of that show during the summer then dumped it as fast as they could because it was too expensive. Stupid bastards.