PDA

View Full Version : Flying in to OKC Sept 8th need hotel

sendbaht
8/24/2006, 10:13 AM
Hi, flying in to the Sooner/Washington game. We land on the Sert 8th. All hotels so far on Expedia are full. Any help please would be helpful. We land, rent a car then would love to drive to a hotel as close as possible to Norman. Thanks kindly,
Don

Also.. it's my brides first OU (in Norman) game. I want to show off OU as much as possible. Love to buy 2 wristbands that admit you to the VIP Sooner tent.

I want her to fall in love with Oklahoma so we can move from Los Angeles and I can drive to games all I want.:))

Soonerus
8/24/2006, 10:18 AM
Try Sooner Legends...it is old but re-opened recently and has a lot of rooms...located on Lindsey about 2 miles West of Owen Field...

MarylandSooner
8/24/2006, 10:20 AM
I would be glad to recommend to you SoonerLegends.com. This is a family owned hotel that is finished out in Sooners memorabilia. She will be impressed.

Flagstaffsooner
8/24/2006, 10:41 AM
Jaux's hotel room.;)

http://www.squizzle.com/_sed43/hillbilly_hammock.jpg

TheUnnamedSooner
8/24/2006, 10:45 AM
Make sure and go see Ron White, he will be performing that night in okc

FlatheadSooner
8/24/2006, 11:28 AM
Be sure to take her to Denko's for a "Denko Darlin - Lookin at ya".

Anyone know if that place is still open? Use to be across the street from Inner Urban.

Taxman71
8/24/2006, 12:21 PM
Interurban is now a good italian place, Benvenuti's. Across the street is Coach's (home brew, pizza, BBQ, sports bar atmosphere). No more Denko's.

kbsooner
8/24/2006, 01:30 PM
Nothing against Sooner Legends, I haven't been there... But if you got a LA girl I would say you need to stay in Bricktown probably the Renaissance. That way you can get the best of both worlds, Norman for gameday festivities and entertainment/nightlife via Bricktown.

If Legends is booked and Bricktown hotels are too high, there are several motels that have opened up along I-35 in Moore. The road construction is bad, but this is the best bet if everything in Norman is filled. I recommend Candlewood Suites, just opened a few months ago...

Partial Qualifier
8/24/2006, 02:42 PM
Nothing against Sooner Legends, I haven't been there... But if you got a LA girl I would say you need to stay in Bricktown probably the Renaissance. That way you can get the best of both worlds, Norman for gameday festivities and entertainment/nightlife via Bricktown.

That's what I was thinking, too. Sooner Legends is a refurbished 40-year-old Days Inn or something. I hear it's very nice inside now but if this is your one chance to convince an LA girl to consider moving here, stay downtown, eat & nightlife bricktown and drive to Norman early on Sat. for the game.

Taxman71
8/24/2006, 03:12 PM

If Legends is booked and Bricktown hotels are too high, there are several motels that have opened up along I-35 in Moore. The road construction is bad, but this is the best bet if everything in Norman is filled. I recommend Candlewood Suites, just opened a few months ago...
I concur completely. Spend Friday night in Bricktown along the canal, eat at one of the nice restaurants and have drinks at one of the bars. Get up early on Saturday and head to Norman for breakfast at The Diner on Main (greasy spoon, old school like) and pregame at campus corner. As a Norman resident, I can attest that you won't miss anything on Friday and can take in all there is to see and do on Saturday.

You can also swing by the OKC Memorial on Sunday if you like or check out other new stuff in OKC.

JonnyRed
8/24/2006, 03:49 PM
Just wear a bullet proof vest if you go to bricktown... j/k - have fun!

Taxman71
8/24/2006, 04:39 PM
I will bet Toby Keith's place in bricktown will be thumping the Friday night before the game.

okienole3
8/24/2006, 07:07 PM
This thread is really getting me pumped up for gameday!

Soonerus
8/24/2006, 08:09 PM
I assume all of the Bricktown places are booked...if open they are the most desirable...

CatfishSooner
8/24/2006, 08:12 PM
Russ you don't know...

Soonerus
8/24/2006, 08:14 PM
That's Rus to you grasshopper, you stayed at the Renaissance so you should know...

CatfishSooner
8/24/2006, 08:19 PM
:D :texan: :twinkies: :P :pop: it was crappy...

AZSOONER
8/24/2006, 08:23 PM
I will also be flying in on the 8th, I have lots of family around town and plan on crashing somewhere. If you can't find anything let me know and we'll meet up and party then sleep at a realatives.

ColumbusSooner
8/24/2006, 10:16 PM
Try seeing if the bed and breakfasts in and around Norman have any vacancies. B&Bs are far better than hotels, IMH (BA) O.:)