PDA

View Full Version : Strongest & fastest OU players by position

OUMonster
8/24/2006, 10:06 AM
I scanned the first few pages of the board and didn't see this posted. In summary, AD is a hell of an athlete.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=563712

CatfishSooner
8/24/2006, 10:22 AM
damn...AD...4.37!

PAW
8/24/2006, 10:26 AM
Gute is a freak too! Dayum! :eek:

Landthief 1972
8/24/2006, 10:29 AM
I'm more impressed with Paul Thompson's numbers... the guy is a stud, especially for a QB.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/24/2006, 10:52 AM
Umm... Did anyone notice that we have a WR that benches 315?

And Finley benches 420????? He's gotta push that crap a long way with those arms. That's outstanding.

FlatheadSooner
8/24/2006, 11:17 AM
Finley's looking pretty good.

And I like the fact that our DB's have good vertical leap!!

Vertical Jump
OL: Brandon Walker, 30 inches
TE/FB: Joe Jon Finley, 34
RB: Adrian Peterson, 39.5
QB: Paul Thompson, 36
WR: Juaquin Iglesias, 36
DT: Adrian Taylor, 35
DE: Auston English, 35
LB: Demarrio Pleasant, 36.5
DB: Marcus Walker, 38.5*
* Reggie Smith 38, Keenan Clayton 37.5

soonerlaw
8/24/2006, 11:31 AM
Gute benches 430?!? Wow....

PAW
8/24/2006, 11:36 AM

Tied for tops on the team! He does only have to push the bar a couple of inches, but still impressive.

TripleOption14
8/24/2006, 11:59 AM
The most telling lift of how strong a player truly is is the Power Clean. Anytime you have a player that can clean 300lbs. or more that is one strong SOB!!! I wonder if it was the Clean & Jerk or just the Clean that was tested? Hmm... that would also be interesting to know!!

PAW
8/24/2006, 12:01 PM
The most telling lift of how strong a player truly is is the Power Clean. Anytime you have a player that can clean 300lbs. or more that is one strong SOB!!! I wonder if it was the Clean & Jerk or just the Clean that was tested? Hmm... that would also be interesting to know!!

How 'bout 430lbs? :eek:

boomersooner28
8/24/2006, 12:10 PM
How is a RB the strongest guy on the team????????

Holy ****!

TripleOption14
8/24/2006, 12:12 PM
The guy that stands out to me is K. Clayton!!! He is only 6' 210 but he cleans damn near 400lbs!! Thats truly amazing! I bet pound for pound he is one of the top 5 strongest guys on the team.

NormanPride
8/24/2006, 01:50 PM
I'm confused... did Gresham not test? He should have had the highest 40 in the FB/TE group at 4.47...

PAW
8/24/2006, 01:56 PM
I'm confused... did Gresham not test? He should have had the highest 40 in the FB/TE group at 4.47...

I wondered about that too. Maybe he went with the WR's.

picasso
8/24/2006, 05:49 PM
The guy that stands out to me is K. Clayton!!! He is only 6' 210 but he cleans damn near 400lbs!! Thats truly amazing! I bet pound for pound he is one of the top 5 strongest guys on the team.
he's more like 220.

Horns 72
8/24/2006, 06:42 PM
and McEachern is the fastest, strongest holder with the best ups and shuttle time! He's got the best GPA for that position, also.

CatfishSooner
8/24/2006, 07:55 PM
and McEachern is the fastest, strongest holder with the best ups and shuttle time! He's got the best GPA for that position, also.

shut up...you suck at life...

picasso
8/24/2006, 07:58 PM
what's your point? are you really trying to talk QB IQ smack? heh.

BASSooner
8/24/2006, 08:19 PM
I vote "yes" that Dean should ban this troll

CatfishSooner
8/24/2006, 08:19 PM
I second that...

soonerinabilene
8/24/2006, 10:12 PM

it takes pretty big balls to put that much weight on a bar after dislocating your elbow!!! holy crap!

the_ouskull
8/24/2006, 11:22 PM

And I'm sure that he was the only eleventy star recruit that Mack missed out on.

the_ouskull

Horns 72
8/24/2006, 11:31 PM
Good god, y'all are pathetic. It was a joke. Of course he's the fastest, strongest holder...he's the ONLY holder.

Are your panties in a wad because it's a little too close to the season?

picasso
8/24/2006, 11:37 PM
Good god, y'all are pathetic. It was a joke. Of course he's the fastest, strongest holder...he's the ONLY holder.

I don't wear undies.

RedstickSooner
8/25/2006, 01:17 AM

Actually, folks got cranky for a couple of reasons:

1) You weren't very funny. Which you procedeed to prove by complaining that it was a joke.

2) While some of us are generally tolerant of Horns on these boards, there are certain threads which outsiders simply have no business involving themselves with. Team strength/agility test results are one of those thread varieties. When we talk about this stuff, it's like the family talking about the vacation they've just completed while they're all sitting around in the airport by the departure gate, waiting for them to open up boarding. Sure, they're in a public place - but they neither expect nor welcome a stranger adding his or her two cents.

There are plenty of threads about things which should interest a Horn. Which Sooner benches what, or squats what, ain't one of 'em. How fast various Sooners run *might* be interesting, but we all know that 40 times frequently have little bearing on game speed -- so even that info isn't really an invitation to those of you in the peanut gallery.

How well our players do in these physical tests doesn't "mean" anything -- what it does, however, is provide great source material for the sort of internal inferences and optimistic deductions which help the time pass while we wait for games & real results to sink our collective teeth into.

Surely your own players have been lifting weights and working out. Why don't you go discuss it with some of your Uterine pals? You can all agree that you're unbeatable this year, and flash the "Satan Rules!" sign at each other for a while.

Or, you could choose one of the many more general-football-related threads around here and post something there.

But, I think, instead, you'll probably post some "scathing" reply, explaining how & why either:

1) We're thin-skinned, hence, you posted in here as a way of helping to toughen us up.

2) The inherently humorous nature of the thread simply drew you to it, like some strange football fan magnetism.

Or some other inane reason. Hopefully you'll also make a crack about how long my response is, too.

Have at it, :texan: :D

picasso
8/25/2006, 06:57 AM
yeah! belch.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/25/2006, 09:17 AM

No way that was a Clean and Jerk. Just a power clean... And you are right. Definately the most telling for over all strength. Bench is still more fun to talk about though. We love superficial strength.
http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/mofpics/anims/cleans.gif

Jason White's Third Knee
8/25/2006, 09:19 AM

Mine are in a wad because your mom likes to squeeze when she sniffs 'em.

C&CDean
8/25/2006, 09:44 AM

That's because his dad is an ignorant fag.

KingDavid
8/25/2006, 10:17 AM
it takes pretty big balls to put that much weight on a bar after dislocating your elbow!!! holy crap!

his balls actually weigh over 120 lbs, too. which is the only reason he didn't win the power clean.

gute is mostly just ball in fact.

KingDavid
8/25/2006, 10:21 AM
Y'all are missing the most amazing statistic in that list.

Adrian F***ing Taylor has a 35" vertical leap. Dude is 6'3" 297lbs, true freshman.

What a recruiting steal.