PDA

View Full Version : Karma is a beeyatch

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/24/2006, 09:52 AM
So last week I was driving south on Robinson and I ripped the side mirror off of a parallel parked vehicle. In lieu of having insurance pay it, I'm taking the guy $535 today to pay for his damages.

This morning, my across the street neighbor backed into my parked vehicle crunching my lift gate and my bumper.

Maybe I need to quit driving.

OU4LIFE
8/24/2006, 09:54 AM
remind me to never loan you my truck or ride with you anywhere.

JohnnyMack
8/24/2006, 09:56 AM
You remind me of that scene in Talladega Nights where he tries to drive blindfolded. And fails. Miserably.

Pricetag
8/24/2006, 10:06 AM
You remind me of that scene in Talladega Nights where he tries to drive blindfolded. And fails. Miserably.
Or the scene in "Clueless" where she sideswipes the parked vehicle and goes, "Oops! My bad."

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/24/2006, 10:10 AM
So last week I was driving south on Robinson and I ripped the side mirror off of a parallel parked vehicle. In lieu of having insurance pay it, I'm taking the guy $535 today to pay for his damages.

This morning, my across the street neighbor backed into my parked vehicle crunching my lift gate and my bumper.

No. Sounds like you need to stop parking. You're not doing it right. People that park directly opposite someone's driveway deserve to be hit. People that can't parallel park, shouldn't.

And your concept of karma is flawed. You're doing the right thing with the guy's mirror, why would karma be ganging up on you? Haven't you ever seen Carson Daily?

IB4OU2
8/24/2006, 10:13 AM

but you were'nt driving when he backed into your parked car right?
It's his fault....your'e just having a run of bad luck.

Chuck Bao
8/24/2006, 10:27 AM
$535 for a mirror?????

Damn, you paid your dues to karma, that car owner and his/her bodyshop in abundance.

Mjcpr
8/24/2006, 10:33 AM
So, how are you liking that new car SBSB?

:O

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/24/2006, 10:41 AM
No. Sounds like you need to stop parking. You're not doing it right. People that park directly opposite someone's driveway deserve to be hit. People that can't parallel park, shouldn't.

And your concept of karma is flawed. You're doing the right thing with the guy's mirror, why would karma be ganging up on you? Haven't you ever seen Carson Daily?Well true. I was parked in my driveway though. I can't help it that the dude was trying not to hit the mailbox and hit my car instead.

And as far as swiping the other dude's mirror, why the heck do they allow parallel parking on a street that has such a small shoulder? He said this was about the 5th time it has happened.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/24/2006, 10:43 AM
So, how are you liking that new car SBSB?

:OI love it! I'm just reading too many of Norm's posts I guess.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/24/2006, 10:44 AM
$535 for a mirror?????

Damn, you paid your dues to karma, that car owner and his/her bodyshop in abundance.Oh the estimate included 4 days rental car. Good grief, they will probably estimate a month of rentaks for mine.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/24/2006, 02:17 PM
So now I am $540 poorer.

I talked to the estimator for my vehicle, she said they would give me a rental while mine is being fixed. I drive a Pontiac Torrent. It's brand new. It's loaded. It has XM radio. She offered me a Dodge something.

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/24/2006, 03:10 PM
It's brand new.

Not anymore.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/24/2006, 11:30 PM
Not anymore.No. It's still brand new. It just looks like Toby Keith put a Croc to its ***.

GottaHavePride
8/25/2006, 12:34 AM
Well true. I was parked in my driveway though. I can't help it that the dude was trying not to hit the mailbox and hit my car instead.

And as far as swiping the other dude's mirror, why the heck do they allow parallel parking on a street that has such a small shoulder? He said this was about the 5th time it has happened.

Sounds like the dude doesn't know how to park close enough to the curb.