PDA

View Full Version : How many wins to save Fran?

AlabamaSooner
8/24/2006, 02:31 AM
Maybe this has already been discussed, but now many wins (or key wins) does everyone think he'll have to have in order to not get the boot. It's hilarious he's in this position in the first place. He got what was coming to him.

olevetonahill
8/24/2006, 03:18 AM
Maybe this has already been discussed, but now many wins (or key wins) does everyone think he'll have to have in order to not get the boot. It's hilarious he's in this position in the first place. He got what was coming to him.
even 3 will get his azz gone
:D :cool: :pop:

MarylandSooner
8/24/2006, 04:38 AM
I think Fran has to win eight games to keep his job which means he will have to defeat the eight unranked teams and he will lose to Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas Tech, and Texas.

AlbqSooner
8/24/2006, 06:34 AM
I am not sure how many wins it will take to save his job, but I hope he doesn't make it.

BoomerJack
8/24/2006, 07:56 AM
I think he has to win six or seven with one of those being TTech. The fan base can tolerate losing to UT and OU but not to Tech.

fadada1
8/24/2006, 07:58 AM
I think he has to win six or seven with one of those being TTech. The fan base can tolerate losing to UT and OU but not to Tech.
agreed. but he might want to concentrate on beating baylor this year. That game should be circled on their calender. even if it's close, he'll be in trouble.

sanantoniosooner
8/24/2006, 08:03 AM
aggie fans I know would agree with this.

batonrougesooner
8/24/2006, 08:20 AM
I would hate for ATM to fire Fran. I think he's doing a terrific job.

tbl
8/24/2006, 08:41 AM
Agreed brs. I'm a fan of fran. He makes the rest of our opponents look much better than they really are.

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/24/2006, 08:45 AM
Last time we went into College Station and visited a coach on the way out, the results weren't pretty for us.

KC//CRIMSON
8/24/2006, 09:08 AM
Last time we went into College Station and visited a coach on the way out, the results weren't pretty for us.

Well that, and the fact our secondary took a nap on the field.

MRNOTDUCKS
8/24/2006, 09:11 AM
8 games. If our defense is even halfway decent this year, we'll win 9 games at least.

southern sooner
8/24/2006, 09:44 AM
word is Butch Davis (former cocaine coach and browns) is waiting in the shadow hoping they can fran....

GDC
8/24/2006, 09:48 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73148&highlight=hot+seat

JohnnyMack
8/24/2006, 09:49 AM
Any chance Chizik jumps from UTerus over to the Cult if Fran gets shown the door?

mrowl
8/24/2006, 10:00 AM
Any chance Chizik jumps from UTerus over to the Cult if Fran gets shown the door?

there is rumor of that out there.

OUfan7
8/24/2006, 11:10 AM
He may run the table in the Big 12 but that out of conference schedule might ruin any ideas of a undefeated season. :rolleyes:

Luthor
8/24/2006, 01:02 PM
With aggy who can tell. Their schedule indicates to me that anything less than 8 wins (first 5 games are snoozers) should be grounds for a linching. Reason aside however, if Fran takes them to a bowl of some flavor (6 wins?)he keeps his job and gets a raise.

Octavian
8/24/2006, 01:19 PM
Being this is his fourth year, Fran should win at least 9 games w/ that schedule.

I keep hearing that 2007 will be a disaster for A&M either way...maybe some of the residents can help out on this?

SoonerSinger3
8/24/2006, 01:22 PM
my guess is that if Franchione wins say 6-8 games and Tulsa's head coach Steve Kragthorpe has another successful season then i think Aggies AD will be pursuing Kragthorpe...just a guess though

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 01:32 PM
I read someone's guess on some site of 8 wins, or 7 if he beats UT or OU. That sounded pretty good to me.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 01:38 PM
I keep hearing that 2007 will be a disaster for A&M either way...maybe some of the residents can help out on this?

Well the have the following Road games:

Miami, FL
Tech
Nebraska
OU
Missouri

HarrisTubbsFan
8/24/2006, 01:40 PM
This year they have to win atleast 9 games with that schedule. Fran is probably gone if they win 8.

Octavian
8/24/2006, 02:04 PM
Well the have the following Road games:

Miami, FL
Tech
Nebraska
OU
Missouri

Oh.

Yeah, he'd better win at least 9 games in 06.

MRNOTDUCKS
8/24/2006, 02:18 PM
The following games are the most important this season. Ranked in order of importance of knowing if Fran has improved the team:

1. Texas Tech
While all Aggies would hold to the fact that the horns are our biggest rival, many don't think the game in Austin is winnable one (right now). Tech at Kyle Field is going to be the litmus test for many Aggies.

2. horns
Just because.

3. OU
You have established yourselves as a powerhouse in the Big XII. Fran was hired to compete with the big boys of the conference. A win over OU, and e might convince Aggie fans that he has control over the ship.

4. Baylor
If the planets align and Baylor beats the Ags again, it will be tough for the fans to swallow. A loss against Baylor would be a sure sign that our program is headed in the wrong direction. I think the only thing that could save Fran if he lost to Baylor, is if it came in a season where we went 10-2, and the other loss was to Texas, OU or Tech.

Personally, I would like to hold on to Fran. As a friend of mine said, "I'd rather have Fran stay at the program, learn from his mistakes and build from there, as long as the program keeps progressing. I don't want to get in a UT coaching churn, circa 1983-1996."

mrowl
8/24/2006, 02:28 PM
I can't see how aTm is going to beat Baylor. It should be 2 in a row for them right now...

Baylor may actually make a bowl game this season.

MRNOTDUCKS
8/24/2006, 02:56 PM
We will beat them by wearing them down. We have a good offensive line (lots of experience there) and a stable of good backs. We have playmakers that are healthy now that we were missing when we played them last year (and everybody else in the conference for that matter). We have two great tight ends that will be utilized more than last season.

The game could be close at halftime, but we will beat them by at least 2 TDs.

Tell me what Baylor defensive personell matches up against:
1. Javorskie Lane
http://tamu-and-baseball.com/pics/05isujlaneblock.gif

2. Martellus Bennett
http://www.uscho.com/images/uwire/2006/29284_6mcmuc8v.jpg

3. Chad Schroeder
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper657/stills/hhxk1oj9.jpg

4. Stephen McGee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47DNtNEXWHU

5. The addition of Michael Goodson will be interesting as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZkuU-J4KsE

I think the Aggies will surprise some people this season.

mrowl
8/24/2006, 02:59 PM

fyi, we won't be surprised if you beat these teams:

The Citadel
Louisiana-Laf.
Army
Louisiana Tech

But we will be laughing our asses off if you lose to any of them.

:pop:

MRNOTDUCKS
8/24/2006, 03:08 PM
well that goes without saying. If that happens, the laughter would be well-deserved.

mrowl
8/24/2006, 03:11 PM
I can't WAIT for next weekend!!!!

soonersam
8/24/2006, 03:27 PM
Im guessing he'll need to beat baylor this year..

BaronVonAggie
8/24/2006, 05:51 PM
He'll probably be back next season barring a total meltdown because of monetary reasons.

Expectations this year are at least 8-4 and a win vs. one of NU, OU, and TU. A win over TTU wouldnt hurt either.

goingoneight
8/24/2006, 10:10 PM
I've never hated anyone, really. I don't go hating on coaches, especially Fran, who by everything I've seen from him, seems to be a class act. But the weak scheduling is beyond ridiculous, the constant upset of seeing yet another weakened program in OUr conference, and it's just lame to me to hear every year another team who is hoping to go to a bowl, instead of a team who is looking to win. OUr conference will never be undefeated totally, I know... but that Aggy program is MUCH different than Okie Aggy. They have the finances, fan support and respect to hire an up-and-coming guy and take them to the next level. RC got screwed because of losses to a rival opponent IMHO. You don't see OU or Tejas firing Stoops or Brown for losses in the Cotton Bowl, do ya?

I've heard the rumors about Gene Chizik and Steve K. I would believe the Steve K. rumor most likely because of his history with the program and familiarity with their traditions. I think I heard somewhere that Gene Chizik is a UT alumni, so if that's true, don't count on him to do anything but wait for Mack Brown to retire. NTM, whorns don't coach at aTm for the same reason Sooner greats don't coach Okie Lite.

I have met coach Kragthorpe at Talons games when we scheduled him to walk out with his C-USA Champions team at the halftime shows, and I have nothing but the highest respect for him. He's a nice guy, but not huggy Boo-Blake or huggy-Fran nice guy-like. He has the ultimate respect of his fans and his players (more importantly). He has proven at TU, that you don't have to raid Mack Brown's Texas high school recruiting roster to win games. His teams play wih poise and if you'll remember, they got better with every play, just like Stoops great teams have done.

It seems to me that teams who get up on Fran put him away easily, and he's not very smart sometimes, as he falls for easy stuff like bootlegs and play-action.

He had better eat up the cake walk he's scheduled in NoCo... cuz MNC Tejas in Austin, T TECH up-and-coming in the BIG 12, and Bobby Stoops will all have his number in 2006.

Luthor
8/25/2006, 10:49 AM
We will beat them by wearing them down. We have a good offensive line (lots of experience there) and a stable of good backs. We have playmakers that are healthy now that we were missing when we played them last year (and everybody else in the conference for that matter). We have two great tight ends that will be utilized more than last season.

The game could be close at halftime, but we will beat them by at least 2 TDs.

Tell me what Baylor defensive personell matches up against:
1. Javorskie Lane
http://tamu-and-baseball.com/pics/05isujlaneblock.gif

2. Martellus Bennett
http://www.uscho.com/images/uwire/2006/29284_6mcmuc8v.jpg

3. Chad Schroeder
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper657/stills/hhxk1oj9.jpg

4. Stephen McGee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47DNtNEXWHU

5. The addition of Michael Goodson will be interesting as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZkuU-J4KsE

The problem with your logic is that you're assuming Lane will go one-on-one with each of the Baylor players. I'm pretty sure it don't work that way.

KingDavid
8/25/2006, 10:55 AM

He'll stay with six wins - as long as one of them is against Texas and they're not blown out by Tech. Otherwise, he's gotta win 8 and they've got to show up well against TX, OU, and escpecially Tech.

badger
8/25/2006, 08:15 PM
sorry texas aggies, but if you keep fran after another subpar year, you are officially like the oklahoma aggies.

and what is that, you ask?

A win against the rivil is a good year!

In other words, beat Tech or Texas and you will have Fran for life.

King Crimson
8/25/2006, 08:30 PM

not if they don't improve drastically on D. and i'd hardly call Darnell a home run hire at DC.

zeke
8/25/2006, 08:45 PM
Someone said he seems like a class act:confused: ...ask Alabama.
I hope he gets his a$$ handed to them every week.