PDA

View Full Version : Don't marry a career woman

Pages : [1] 2

LilSooner
8/23/2006, 04:37 PM
Don't marry me yo, I'm gonna be a cheating yainch. (http://www.forbes.com/2006/08/21/careers-marriage-dating_cx_mn_0821women.html?partner=daily_newslett er)

This story makes me want to find the writer and punch him in the throat and set his nuts on fire.

FYCK you Mr. Retardo man. I make more than 30,000 that doesn't make me a cheater, that just makes me better than you.

I just LOVED the 9 pictures of why not to marry a career woman. Apparently, we are going to make you ill, unhappy, were gonna get it from some other dude, and your house is going to be dirty.

OH and were going to deny you children! BWAHAHAHAH!

focktard.

colleyvillesooner
8/23/2006, 04:41 PM
that thing is so over the top it almost seems fake.

heh, over the top.

8/23/2006, 04:43 PM
Something's gone awry!

NormanPride
8/23/2006, 04:51 PM
404'd!

Hamhock
8/23/2006, 04:54 PM
I'd be more concerned that you don't have time to raise the kids than that you're gonna cheat on me.

LilSooner
8/23/2006, 04:58 PM
they took it down! It had to have been a joke.

Hamhock
8/23/2006, 05:00 PM
Iron my shirt *****.

;)

colleyvillesooner
8/23/2006, 05:01 PM
they took it down! It had to have been a joke.

I saw it Lil. I believe ya...

Viking Kitten
8/23/2006, 05:01 PM
I'd be more concerned that you don't have time to raise the kids than that you're gonna cheat on me.

:rolleyes:

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/23/2006, 05:02 PM

Quit rolling your eyes and go make me some kids.

Jimminy Crimson
8/23/2006, 05:03 PM
:les:WIMMINS ARE ALLOWED TO WORK!?!?!

Hamhock

do you have a rebuttal do go along with the eye rolling?

who spends more time with the kids, while they're awake? a working mom or the daycare?

Viking Kitten
Quit rolling your eyes and go make me some kids.
Only if you agree to adopt them after we get married in Massachusettes, Momma.

Viking Kitten
8/23/2006, 05:05 PM
do you have a rebuttal do go along with the eye rolling?

who spends more time with the kids, while they're awake? a working mom or the daycare?

My rebuttal is basically go screw yourself. I don't feel morally compelled to justify myself to some schmo on a message board.

colleyvillesooner
8/23/2006, 05:07 PM
http://static.flickr.com/46/131327718_577736f63f_o.gif

and

:pop:

JohnnyMack
8/23/2006, 05:07 PM
I need to learn how to use that popcorn smiley.

Kim Jong il
8/23/2006, 05:10 PM
Sounds like some good advice from that guy...

Women need to clean houses more, bake more pies,
and quit trying so hard with careers... It is cute and all
how you all try, but women are better suited for domestics...
Any man not wanting misery will heed this guy's words...

Tiptonsooner
My rebuttal is basically go screw yourself. I don't feel morally compelled to justify myself to some schmo on a message board.

That was right to the junk!! I bet he still can't breath.

yermom
he was just explaining this stuff statistically, right?

like if the wife made more than $30k she is 50% more likely to be unhappy staying home with the kids or something

he seemed to be citing sources on the things he was saying

but like he said, it's not that making $30k a year causes a bad marriage, just that they are correllated statistically

crawfish
8/23/2006, 05:13 PM
For any marriage, if the family isn't more important than the career for both the man and the woman, there is gonna be trouble.

My wife and I chose together for her to quit her job and raise the kids. It was a tough decision and there were many prices to pay, but neither one of us regret it. I don't begrudge those who choose not to make that decision.

8/23/2006, 05:17 PM
Yep. What Crawfish said. Parts of being the lone breadwinner are very difficult. Mostly the being broke all the time thing. But I wouldn't want it any other way.

And I don't consider our situation better than any other. Just works for us.

Mjcpr
8/23/2006, 05:19 PM
Yep. What Crawfish said. Parts of being the lone breadwinner are very difficult. Mostly the being broke all the time thing. But I wouldn't want it any other way.

I would....I'd rather not be broke all the time but that's just the difference between you and me.

:D

Mjcpr
8/23/2006, 05:20 PM

When chicks work, they get cranky and ****.

NormanPride
8/23/2006, 05:23 PM
This thread has violence written all over it. :D

tbl
8/23/2006, 05:24 PM
This just proves the point that posting links without actually taking the 10 seconds to copy and paste the article is the suck.

BTW, my wife stays home with our kids. Scoreboard! ;)

Ike
8/23/2006, 05:25 PM
can anyone find a google cache of the article?

LSUMeathead
8/23/2006, 05:29 PM
Mama Meathead is due to pop our first child in March. Mama Meathead makes a very comfortable salary. It makes no sense for a woman (or a man for that matter) to go back to work if all they are working for is to pay for daycare. However, if the additional income, after all baby expenses, is enough to justify it, then there is no problem with having both parents working in order to provide more for their children.

There is nothing wrong with either situaton, so long as you take the time to spend with your kids.

yermom
8/23/2006, 05:31 PM
i can't believe it got pulled that fast, i guess some career women complained to Forbes en masse ;)

Stanley1
8/23/2006, 05:53 PM

I agree with that somewhat.

I think that my definition of "career woman" is probably a little different than his was though.

JohnnyMack
8/23/2006, 06:10 PM
I think that my definition of "career woman" is probably a little different than his was though.

We're not talking about hookers.

mrowl
8/23/2006, 06:15 PM
Mama Meathead is due to pop our first child in March. Mama Meathead makes a very comfortable salary. It makes no sense for a woman (or a man for that matter) to go back to work if all they are working for is to pay for daycare. However, if the additional income, after all baby expenses, is enough to justify it, then there is no problem with having both parents working in order to provide more for their children.

There is nothing wrong with either situaton, so long as you take the time to spend with your kids.

so its okay that someone else is going to raise your child? Since they will be with the kid more than the parents?

not saying this is bad, just saying, I don't get it.

Stanley1
8/23/2006, 06:15 PM
We're not talking about hookers.

Leave your mother out of this.

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 06:35 PM
When chicks work, they get cranky and ****.

or even when they dont work......just sayin

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 06:36 PM
how is daycare any different than school?

proud gonzo
8/23/2006, 06:41 PM
how is daycare any different than school? because kids don't start school until they're five and the first three or four years of their life are the most important. I'm assuming we're talking about kids too young to start school going to daycare instead of staying at home with mommy or daddy.

Jerk
8/23/2006, 06:42 PM
This story makes me want to find the writer and punch him in the throat and set his nuts on fire.

FYCK you Mr. Retardo man.

Heh! You're a fiesty little firecracker, aren't you?

I used to work in an office full of women at a title insurance company. 9 women and me. You remind me of ...well, all of them.

mrowl
8/23/2006, 06:43 PM

seems like 0-5 is important in a childs development...

and school is 8-3? I know some parents that drop their kid off at 7 and pick up at 6.

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 06:44 PM
because kids don't start school until they're five and the first three or four years of their life are the most important. I'm assuming we're talking about kids too young to start school going to daycare instead of staying at home with mommy or daddy.

well, i dont know what you draw your experience from, but from my very own perspective, the school years had a much bigger impact on how my kids turned out...i'm sure everybody is different

JohnnyMack
8/23/2006, 06:44 PM
Leave your mother out of this.

Yer mom teaches at ho college.

JohnnyMack
8/23/2006, 06:45 PM
or even when they dont work......just sayin

Or when they're breathing even.

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 06:46 PM
Or when they're breathing even.

exactly

proud gonzo
8/23/2006, 06:56 PM
well, i dont know what you draw your experience from, but from my very own perspective, the school years had a much bigger impact on how my kids turned out...i'm sure everybody is different

um... because basically all of the child development research i've heard about says the formative years are the first 5

yermom
8/23/2006, 07:07 PM
yeah, i was reading, starting math, etc... before i started school

lots of people say that even breastfeeding is important in development of a child, that's (usually anyway) way before school starts

and i'm still waiting for Dean to show up on this one :P

Hamhock
8/23/2006, 09:30 PM

Holy moley!

I apologize if I've offended you. That truly wasn't my motive. I am sincerely interested in the logical rationale that people use to justify that daycare is best for their kids. I was not asking you to justify your personal actions. I was hoping to understand a person's reasons behind doing this. Instead, all I got from you was an emotional outburst.

Again, my apologies for offending you.

Hamhock
8/23/2006, 09:32 PM
That was right to the junk!! I bet he still can't breath.

I hope the time it took to come up with this insightful post didn't keep you from having dinner on the table when your wife got home from work.

;)

OCUDad
8/23/2006, 09:47 PM
It ain't all that simple. Mrs. Dad is a career woman, still working and loving it. When our first was born, she put her professional career on hold in favor of being a full-time mom and didn't return to the workplace till our second was in school.

We were lucky because we could afford that arrangement. Lots of folks can't. Whether your child is at home, in daycare, or at school, parents still have a huge impact on their values -- and the huge responsibility that comes with that.

I've seen plenty of working couples raise fine kids, just as I've seen plenty of stay-at-home moms (and dads) screw up their offspring beyond hope.

To me it ain't whether you're a working parent or not. It's whether you work at parenting or not. Big difference. Just one old dude's opinion. By the way, I think our kids turned out great -- we will be leaving this Earth a better place for having brought them into it.

End of rant - back to the old fart clique for me.

sooneron
8/23/2006, 09:53 PM
I don't know how things will play out when we have kids, but I bet my wife makes a ****load more than hamhock.

Hamhock
8/23/2006, 09:56 PM
We were lucky because we could afford that arrangement. Lots of folks can't.

I disagree. I know several families with a single, blue collar income that make it work because it is important to them.

So many times, "can't afford it" means "Have to have two car payments, kids have to have Nike baseball cleats, etc."

I've seen plenty of working couples raise fine kids, just as I've seen plenty of stay-at-home moms (and dads) screw up their offspring beyond hope.

I don't disagree. I wonder what the statistics say? Seriously, I do. I wonder if there are any studies that measure kids of stay-at-home moms vs. working moms.

mildpussy
8/23/2006, 10:23 PM
I had everything planned out: I was going to be the best stay at home dad in the world - take care of things around the house - the whole sixty-nine yards. then my wife screwed it all up and had a kid. man am i depressed.

sooneron
8/23/2006, 10:36 PM
My childcare activities were going to include the history of Oklahoma Football, surfing and Modern Rock starting with the New romantic movement.

LilSooner
8/23/2006, 10:39 PM
You guys are missing the point of the freaking article. Yes, there was a small snippet about how we are so cruel as to not give our men the children they so rightly deserve. Basically, if you want to read into it the article said that, "career" women are imorral, selfish beings.

You all make me cranky.

OCUDad
8/23/2006, 10:46 PM
Oh, give it a rest. Most of us couldn't even SEE the fricking article. With that bad attitude, you probably shouldn't have kids whether or not you are a career woman.:D

sooneron
8/23/2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah, this dike is on the rag!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/felicia_valis/PatchesOHoulihan.jpg

Ike
8/23/2006, 10:55 PM
You guys are missing the point of the freaking article. Yes, there was a small snippet about how we are so cruel as to not give our men the male children they so rightly deserve. Basically, if you want to read into it the article said that, women are imorral, selfish beings.

You all make me cranky.

fixed ;)

BoogercountySooner
8/23/2006, 10:58 PM
I'm Married to a career woman that makes 30K more than I do and I make a good salary. We have 3 kids and they got almost all of our nonworking attention when they were growing up. They need to know that you love them and you must show them.

Just sayin!

LilSooner
8/23/2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah, this dike is on the rag!!!

You sir are a Jerk. :D

sooneron
8/23/2006, 11:29 PM
YOU, she-devil, deserve it!

Blue
8/23/2006, 11:43 PM
Patches always tells it like it is...:D

olevetonahill
8/24/2006, 04:06 AM
Dayum folks its simple
Don't marry . Don't have kids ! live happily ever after :D

VeeJay
8/24/2006, 08:18 AM

Is that the old hag from Cagney and Lacey?

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 08:30 AM

not sure that it is. there is some point that a child is ready to interact with others and doesn't need the close nurturing of it's mother. obviously, each child is different and we may not be able to know when exactly that time is. i feel pretty safe it saying in ain't 6 weeks.

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 08:52 AM
I've never raised a kid but I was a kid.

If there were one surefire way to raise perfect kids everyone would be doing it. For those of you that think stay at home moms or dads are the only way to go for everyone else, you're wrong.
For those of you that think both parents working and kids in daycare is the only way to go for everyone else, are wrong.
Those that think breastfeeding is the only way to go for everyone, are wrong.

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 08:56 AM
I've never raised a kid but I was a kid.

If there were one surefire way to raise perfect kids everyone would be doing it. .

I disagree. Many parents are too absorbed with themselves, their careers, or money to do what is best for their kids. I'm not just talking about staying at home, but to say that parents always do what they think is best for their kids is dead wrong.

For those of you that think stay at home moms or dads are the only way to go for everyone else, you're wrong.
For those of you that think both parents working and kids in daycare is the only way to go for everyone else, are wrong.
Those that think breastfeeding is the only way to go for everyone, are wrong.

mmm....breastfeeding....

:twinkies:

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 09:04 AM
I disagree. Many parents are too absorbed with themselves, their careers, or money to do what is best for their kids. I'm not just talking about staying at home, but to say that parents always do what they think is best for their kids is dead wrong.

mmm....breastfeeding....

:twinkies:

So it's your position that there is one surefire way to raise a happy, intelligent, well adjusted kid?

I agree with you that some maybe many parents are too absorbed with themselves to do what's best for their kids. Happens in stay at home situations as well as working parents.

Taxman71
8/24/2006, 09:19 AM
The key to a happy marriage is clearly spelled out by Jimmy Soul:

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty woman your wife
So from my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall
As soon as he marries her then she starts
To do the things that will break his heart

But if you make an ugly woman your wife
you'll be happy for the rest of your life
An ugly woman cooks meals on time
And she'll always give you peace of mind

Don't let your friends say you have no taste
Go ahead and marry anyway
Though her face is ugly, her eyes don't match
Take it from me, she's a better catch

Say man!
Hey baby!
I saw your wife the other day!
Yeah?
Yeah, an' she's ug-leeee!
Yeah, she's ugly, but she sure can cook, baby!
Yeah, alright!

Sooner_Bob
8/24/2006, 09:49 AM
For any marriage, if the family isn't more important than the career for both the man and the woman, there is gonna be trouble.

My wife and I chose together for her to quit her job and raise the kids. It was a tough decision and there were many prices to pay, but neither one of us regret it. I don't begrudge those who choose not to make that decision.

Same here. It was tough to adjust to the single income, but we did it. Now that our kids are in school my wife has decided to go back to teaching fulltime. So it all works out in the end.

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 10:15 AM
So it's your position that there is one surefire way to raise a happy, intelligent, well adjusted kid?

that is absolutely NOT what I am saying. Way too many factors involved to prescribe a single formula. All I'm saying is that the notion that parents make these decisions with the child's best interest in mind is naive.

I am still waiting on someone to walk me down the logical thought path that justifies putting a 6 week old kid in daycare as in the best interest of the kid. i'm not saying it never is, i'm just saying that it normally is not.

the idea put forth earlier that you should do it if it makes enough net money to buy more stuff for the kid is, in my opinion, what is part of wrong with society today.

I agree with you that some maybe many parents are too absorbed with themselves to do what's best for their kids. Happens in stay at home situations as well as working parents.

I won't say it never happens in stay at home moms, but the idea that a mom chooses to put a career on hold in order to raise her kids is self absorbed, seems a little strange to me.

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 10:27 AM
that is absolutely NOT what I am saying. Way too many factors involved to prescribe a single formula. All I'm saying is that the notion that parents make these decisions with the child's best interest in mind is naive.

What a parent perceives to be in their kid's best interest and what really is in the kid's best interest are not always the same.

I am still waiting on someone to walk me down the logical thought path that justifies putting a 6 week old kid in daycare as in the best interest of the kid. i'm not saying it never is, i'm just saying that it normally is not.

Why is it so bad? Why is it in the kid's best interest to to stay at home? What age is acceptable for a kid to not be with his mom 24 hours a day? Seriously, walk me down that path. I'm just going on what I know was the case with my brother and me.

the idea put forth earlier that you should do it if it makes enough net money to buy more stuff for the kid is, in my opinion, what is part of wrong with society today.

To each his own.

I won't say it never happens in stay at home moms, but the idea that a mom chooses to put a career on hold in order to raise her kids is self absorbed, seems a little strange to me.

I never made that argument. But since you brought it up, maybe, just maybe, the person that puts their career on hold begins to resent the fact that they had to put their career on hold.

My only point is that there is more than one way to raise a good kid. If you think that there is only one you are wrong.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 10:29 AM
My only point is that there is more than one way to raise a good kid. If you think that there is only one you are wrong.

I think the burning question everyone has is how were you raised so we can all not do that. ;)

Viking Kitten
8/24/2006, 10:36 AM
What a parent perceives to be in their kid's best interest and what really is in the kid's best interest are not always the same.

Why is it so bad? Why is it in the kid's best interest to to stay at home? What age is acceptable for a kid to not be with his mom 24 hours a day? Seriously, walk me down that path. I'm just going on what I know was the case with my brother and me.

To each his own.

I never made that argument. But since you brought it up, maybe, just maybe, the person that puts their career on hold begins to resent the fact that they had to put their career on hold.

Well put. If I hadn't been busy paying attention to my children last night, I would have typed something along these lines instead of rolling my eyes. :D

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 10:43 AM
I think the burning question everyone has is how were you raised so we can all not do that. ;)

My dad was an over the road truck driver and my mom is a school teacher. I was never breast fed and spent my days at the lady's house across the street that kept kids. To be honest, I know my mom was never able to stay home to take care of my brother and me other than the summer time but I really can't remember the first three years of my life.

I'd say that my brother and I turned out fine. I'm a little weird, OK, a lot weird but I'm a productive member of society ;)

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 10:43 AM

No argument here.

I'm not saying that a parent is wrong because they think it is in the best interest of their kid to put them in daycare and it is, in my infinite wisdom, not best. I'm saying that many parents ignore what is best for their kids all together. I personally know of several instances where the mom has said, "It may be best for my kid for me to stay home, but we're not willing to take the financial hit. " and "It may be best for my kid to stay home but I don't want to give up my career".

Why is it so bad? Why is it in the kid's best interest to to stay at home?

It is my opinon that, on average, the best place for a child to be nurtured is not a daycare, but with his own mother. I recognize that is just my opinon and you have a right to feel that daycare is just as good as the mother.

What age is acceptable for a kid to not be with his mom 24 hours a day? Seriously, walk me down that path. I'm just going on what I know was the case with my brother and me.

First of all, 24 hours/day is a sensationalizing extreme. I never said that. My original question that started this whole discussion was how many awake hours does a kid spend with daycare vs. mother. As I said earlier, I don't know the age, it is different for each kid. Maybe the mom is worthless and the kid is best served by being in a daycare after 6 weeks.

You did make the argument.
"I agree with you that some maybe many parents are too absorbed with themselves to do what's best for their kids. Happens in stay at home situations as well as working parents.

I'll state for the second time, that I don't think there is only one way to raise a kid.

For the record, I was put in daycare after 6 weeks and was a latchkey kid at a very early age. I turned out ok and think my mom is the greatest woman to ever live.

Pricetag
8/24/2006, 10:47 AM

Did anyone catch the episode of "Wifeswap" a few weeks back where the wealthy working couple had a kid, but then hired a "home manager," cook, housekeeper, etc., to do everything around the home? The "home manager" basically did all the parenting, and they hardly knew their teenage daughter.

They were very frank about how they valued their careers too much to divert any time away from it. I wanted to beat both of them about the head and shoulders. Why the heck even have a kid, then?

sooner n houston
8/24/2006, 10:48 AM
Ask any school teacher which kid they would rather have in their class.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 10:49 AM
Ask any school teacher which kid they would rather have in their class.

Can I just ask you since you seem to know the answer? Or are you a school teacher? My head hurts.

sooner n houston
8/24/2006, 10:52 AM
Point: Don't Marry Career Women
By Michael Noer
How do women, careers and marriage mix? Not well, say social scientists.

Guys: A word of advice. Marry pretty women or ugly ones. Short ones or tall ones. Blondes or brunettes. Just, whatever you do, don't marry a woman with a career.

Why? Because if many social scientists are to be believed, you run a higher risk of having a rocky marriage. While everyone knows that marriage can be stressful, recent studies have found professional women are more likely to get divorced, more likely to cheat, less likely to have children, and, if they do have kids, they are more likely to be unhappy about it. A recent study in Social Forces, a research journal, found that women--even those with a "feminist" outlook--are happier when their husband is the primary breadwinner.

Not a happy conclusion, especially given that many men, particularly successful men, are attracted to women with similar goals and aspirations. And why not? After all, your typical career girl is well-educated, ambitious, informed and engaged. All seemingly good things, right? Sure…at least until you get married. Then, to put it bluntly, the more successful she is the more likely she is to grow dissatisfied with you. Sound familiar?

Many factors contribute to a stable marriage, including the marital status of your spouse's parents (folks with divorced parents are significantly more likely to get divorced themselves), age at first marriage, race, religious beliefs and socio-economic status. And, of course, many working women are indeed happily and fruitfully married--it's just that they are less likely to be so than non-working women. And that, statistically speaking, is the rub.

To be clear, we're not talking about a high-school dropout minding a cash register. For our purposes, a "career girl" has a university-level (or higher) education, works more than 35 hours a week outside the home and makes more than $30,000 a year.

If a host of studies are to be believed, marrying these women is asking for trouble. If they quit their jobs and stay home with the kids, they will be unhappy (Journal of Marriage and Family, 2003). They will be unhappy if they make more money than you do (Social Forces, 2006). You will be unhappy if they make more money than you do (Journal of Marriage and Family, 2001). You will be more likely to fall ill (American Journal of Sociology). Even your house will be dirtier (Institute for Social Research).

Why? Well, despite the fact that the link between work, women and divorce rates is complex and controversial, much of the reasoning is based on a lot of economic theory and a bit of common sense. In classic economics, a marriage is, at least in part, an exercise in labor specialization. Traditionally men have tended to do "market" or paid work outside the home and women have tended to do "non-market" or household work, including raising children. All of the work must get done by somebody, and this pairing, regardless of who is in the home and who is outside the home, accomplishes that goal. Nobel laureate Gary S. Becker argued that when the labor specialization in a marriage decreases--if, for example, both spouses have careers--the overall value of the marriage is lower for both partners because less of the total needed work is getting done, making life harder for both partners and divorce more likely. And, indeed, empirical studies have concluded just that.

In 2004, John H. Johnson examined data from the Survey of Income and Program Participation and concluded that gender has a significant influence on the relationship between work hours and increases in the probability of divorce. Women's work hours consistently increase divorce, whereas increases in men's work hours often have no statistical effect. "I also find that the incidence in divorce is far higher in couples where both spouses are working than in couples where only one spouse is employed," Johnson says. A few other studies, which have focused on employment (as opposed to working hours) have concluded that working outside the home actually increases marital stability, at least when the marriage is a happy one. But even in these studies, wives' employment does correlate positively to divorce rates, when the marriage is of "low marital quality."

The other reason a career can hurt a marriage will be obvious to anyone who has seen their mate run off with a co-worker: When your spouse works outside the home, chances increase they'll meet someone they like more than you. "The work environment provides a host of potential partners," researcher Adrian J. Blow reported in the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, "and individuals frequently find themselves spending a great deal of time with these individuals."

There's more: According to a wide-ranging review of the published literature, highly educated people are more likely to have had extra-marital sex (those with graduate degrees are 1.75 more likely to have cheated than those with high school diplomas.) Additionally, individuals who earn more than $30,000 a year are more likely to cheat.

And if the cheating leads to divorce, you're really in trouble. Divorce has been positively correlated with higher rates of alcoholism, clinical depression and suicide. Other studies have associated divorce with increased rates of cancer, stroke, and sexually-transmitted disease. Plus divorce is financially devastating. According to one recent study on "Marriage and Divorce's Impact on Wealth," published in The Journal of Sociology, divorced people see their overall net worth drop an average of 77%.

So why not just stay single? Because, academically speaking, a solid marriage has a host of benefits beyond just individual "happiness." There are broader social and health implications as well. According to a 2004 paper entitled "What Do Social Scientists Know About the Benefits of Marriage?" marriage is positively associated with "better outcomes for children under most circumstances," higher earnings for adult men, and "being married and being in a satisfying marriage are positively associated with health and negatively associated with mortality." In other words, a good marriage is associated with a higher income, a longer, healthier life and better-adjusted kids.

A word of caution, though: As with any social scientific study, it's important not to confuse correlation with causation. In other words, just because married folks are healthier than single people, it doesn't mean that marriage is causing the health gains. It could just be that healthier people are more likely to be married.

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 10:53 AM
the idea that a mom chooses to put a career on hold in order to raise her kids is self absorbed

is not the same as

"I agree with you that some maybe many parents are too absorbed with themselves to do what's best for their kids. Happens in stay at home situations as well as working parents.

I know a lady that is a stay at home mom. Her kids watch PBS all day every day. Is PBS wrong for kids? No, that's not what I'm saying. She uses the TV to babysit the kids so she can do what she wants. They do go to the park from time to time but she stays at home because she doesn't want to work, not so she can raise kids. They get in her way.

That, my friend, was the point I was making about not all stay at home mom's have their kid's best interests at heart. 'Career on hold' was never written in my second quote.

crawfish
8/24/2006, 10:53 AM
You know, without career women we'd have to hire hookers to cheat on our wives.

VIVA THE CAREER WOMAN!!!

IB4OU2
8/24/2006, 10:57 AM

My dad was an over the road truck driver and my mom is a school teacher. I was never breast fed and spent my days at the lady's house across the street that kept kids. To be honest, I know my mom was never able to stay home to take care of my brother and me other than the summer time but I really can't remember the first three years of my life.

I'd say that my brother and I turned out fine. I'm a little weird, OK, a lot weird but I'm a productive member of society ;)

but there was a little process training glitch when you transitioned from diaper to the potty was'nt there? ;)

Hamhock
is not the same as

I know a lady that is a stay at home mom. Her kids watch PBS all day every day. Is PBS wrong for kids? No, that's not what I'm saying. She uses the TV to babysit the kids so she can do what she wants. They do go to the park from time to time but she stays at home because she doesn't want to work, not so she can raise kids. They get in her way.

That, my friend, was the point I was making about not all stay at home mom's have their kid's best interests at heart. 'Career on hold' was never written in my second quote.

That's a very good illustration of your point and I agree with you completely.

Don't her kids go to school?

mrowl
How can anyone deny breastfeeding? Its the natural, nature, god given way to feed your child. Formula can not duplicate what breast-feeding does for the child.

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 10:58 AM
How can anyone deny breastfeeding? Its the natural, nature, god given way to feed your child. Formula can not duplicate what breast-feeding does for the child.

btw, I was not breastfed (until my wife had kids :))

Viking Kitten
8/24/2006, 10:58 AM
Why the heck even have a kid, then?

Spare kidneys.

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 10:59 AM
That's a very good illustration of your point and I agree with you completely.

Don't her kids go to school?

the oldest just started kindergarten last week.

What I really want to know is this: Does the secks really slow down once you've had kids? That's all I really want to know.

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 11:00 AM
the oldest just started kindergarten last week.

What I really want to know is this: Does the secks really slow down once you've had kids? That's all I really want to know.

Absolutely not.

It slows down the minute you say "I do".

sooner n houston
8/24/2006, 11:01 AM
Can I just ask you since you seem to know the answer? Or are you a school teacher? My head hurts.

My wife is a stay at home mom. Several times she has been told by school teachers, that they can see a vast difference between day-care raised kids and parent raised kids. One explained that her personal belief was that kids from day-care were used to having to fight for adult attention and therefore more aggressive than kids raised by a parent.

Mjcpr
8/24/2006, 11:02 AM
Single moms are going to be cursed with horrid children until the end of time I'm afraid.

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 11:03 AM

maybe mom has to go to work? maybe mom and baby never get synched and it just doesn't work? there are a lot of factors and from the women I've talked to that did breastfeed or at least tried it, it's not near as easy as it seems like it would be.

Frozen Sooner
8/24/2006, 11:04 AM
I don't think I'd even be interested in a woman who didn't have some sort of career. How much she makes isn't really of interest, but I can't imagine being interested in a woman whose sole ambition is to become someone's wife and babymaking factory.

Please note I am not implying that anyone who has decided to stay home and take care of kids has made the wrong decision or is nothing but a baby-making factory. Nor am I saying that even having that as an ambition is wrong-I just don't think that someone with that as their ambition would be a very interesting lifemate for me.

JohnnyMack
8/24/2006, 11:04 AM

LaLeche leaguers = Possibly the most indignant people on earth.

mrowl
8/24/2006, 11:06 AM
maybe mom has to go to work? maybe mom and baby never get synched and it just doesn't work? there are a lot of factors and from the women I've talked to that did breastfeed or at least tried it, it's not near as easy as it seems like it would be.

your right. It is hard. And also very selfish to say "I have to go to work"

And if mom and baby keep working at it, it will work.

Stanley1
8/24/2006, 11:07 AM
Single moms are going to be cursed with horrid children until the end of time I'm afraid.

Chick is SO gonna beat your arse. :)

Viking Kitten
8/24/2006, 11:08 AM
You people do realize you can breastfeed and work, right?

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 11:09 AM
your right. It is hard. And also very selfish to say "I have to go to work"

And if mom and baby keep working at it, it will work.

What are the big differences between formula fed kids and breast fed kids?

That's right, there aren't any.

Stanley1
8/24/2006, 11:10 AM
My point is this, all things equal, I think a kid gets more out of having a stay at home mom rather than not. Doesn't mean you can't grow up to be a productive member of society (as 1TC put it) if both your parents work, just that it is generally better to have the stay at home mom.

I really don't see how that is debatable.

That said, it is getting harder and harder to make that work. To be honest, I don't see how it could work in a bigger city like Dallas. With what I make now, I'd likely need supplemental income to raise a family in Dallas. If I lived in Tulsa or OKC though, I could probably get by.

Stanley1
8/24/2006, 11:11 AM

The tittay pump, right?

Czar Soonerov
8/24/2006, 11:12 AM

It pays good money, or so I'm told.

IB4OU2
8/24/2006, 11:13 AM

Iv'e tried it but its hard to type at the same time......:O

Viking Kitten
8/24/2006, 11:15 AM
It pays good money, or so I'm told.

Absolutely! The audience always enjoys the special "treat" at the end of the performance.

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 11:16 AM
I really don't see how that is debatable.

:les: Go screw yourself!!

Stanley1
8/24/2006, 11:16 AM

Uh dude.....I f'ing agreed with your side.

I swear.....

Fugue
8/24/2006, 11:17 AM

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 11:17 AM
Hamhock is a pretty funny dood. I'm sure he was just kidding with you.

Mjcpr
8/24/2006, 11:18 AM
Chick is SO gonna beat your arse. :)

It was total sarcasm.

My sarcastic point was that single moms have to work and can't stay at home with their kids so they will have bad kids.

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 11:19 AM
Uh dude.....I f'ing agreed with your side.

I swear.....

sorry, i should a used a ;)

I just wanted someone else to receive the same reception I got.

Stanley1
8/24/2006, 11:19 AM
It was total sarcasm.

My sarcastic point was that single moms have to work and can't stay at home with their kids so they will have bad kids.

She'll still prolly beat your arse, but I understand your sarcastic point.

Just hope she does, for your sake.

Stanley1
8/24/2006, 11:20 AM
sorry, i should a used a ;)

I just wanted someone else to receive the same reception I got.

My bad, I've been away so long I forgot how things work.

Carry on!

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 11:20 AM
See folks, Stan's mom probably stayed at home with him. That's my case as to why it's not best for kids.

;)

Czar Soonerov
8/24/2006, 12:42 PM
For the record, VK is a working mother and I take great pride in the care she provides our two wonderful children. I'm greatful to have her as a nurturing mother and wife. The dog however seems to suffer emencely at the lack of motherly attention.

Mjcpr
8/24/2006, 12:46 PM
For the record, VK is a working mother and I take great in the care she provides our two wonderful children. I'm greatful to have her as a nurturing mother and wife.

I hope she takes good care of your testicles too.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/24/2006, 12:51 PM

Brush and floss daily!

proud gonzo
8/24/2006, 01:14 PM
oh my lord--i just choked on my soda

SoonerInKCMO
8/24/2006, 01:21 PM
Now that I've finally gotten to read the actual article (thanks Sooner n Houston), I don't understand what the hubbub is. He's just citing some studies that used some statistics that show marrying a career woman is generally riskier in some areas than marrying a non-career woman. Anyone offended by that is a bit thin-skinned if you ask me.

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 01:22 PM
Now that I've finally gotten to read the actual article (thanks Sooner n Houston), I don't understand what the hubbub is. He's just citing some studies that used some statistics that show marrying a career woman is generally riskier in some areas than marrying a non-career woman. Anyone offended by that is a bit thin-skinned if you ask me.

proud gonzo
8/24/2006, 01:24 PM
you're really not having much luck in this thread are you?

SoonerInKCMO
8/24/2006, 01:27 PM

badger
8/24/2006, 01:27 PM
It doesn't depend on the career, it depends on the person.

I think "career guys" are just as likely to cheat as "career women."

The fact that women cheat more often than they used to 100 years ago may be related to the fact that women can earn their own income more readily, I will admit.

However, I still think it comes down to whether we are taking about an honest woman or a dishonest b*tch, heh. ;)

Stoop Dawg
8/24/2006, 01:42 PM
Don't marry me yo, I'm gonna be a cheating yainch. (http://www.forbes.com/2006/08/21/careers-marriage-dating_cx_mn_0821women.html?partner=daily_newslett er)

FYCK you Mr. Retardo man. I make more than 30,000 that doesn't make me a cheater, that just makes me better than you.

I just LOVED the 9 pictures of why not to marry a career woman. Apparently, we are going to make you ill, unhappy, were gonna get it from some other dude, and your house is going to be dirty.

OH and were going to deny you children! BWAHAHAHAH!

focktard.

Welcome to equality. I hope it's everything you've imagined it will be - and more.

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 01:52 PM
you're really not having much luck in this thread are you?

none.

are you finished ironing my shirt?

;)

proud gonzo
8/24/2006, 01:53 PM
I don't iron.

Viking Kitten
8/24/2006, 01:57 PM
For the record, VK is a working mother and I take great pride in the care she provides our two wonderful children. I'm greatful to have her as a nurturing mother and wife. The dog however seems to suffer emencely at the lack of motherly attention.

I know what I'm gonna be nurturing tonight, ya big lug.

Czar Soonerov
8/24/2006, 02:05 PM

If she proofread my posts as well as she takes care of my testicles, I'd be a happy man.

Czar Soonerov
8/24/2006, 02:09 PM
I know what I'm gonna be nurturing tonight, ya big lug.:hot:

Don't make me bump my Indiana Jones thread.

IB4OU2
8/24/2006, 02:11 PM
If she proofread my posts as well as she takes care of my testicles, I'd be a happy man.

You'd be emencely happy I bet.

OU4LIFE
8/24/2006, 02:12 PM
I know what I'm gonna be nurturing tonight, ya big lug.

His pig?

Viking Kitten
8/24/2006, 02:13 PM
You'd be emencely happy I bet.

Not to mention greatful. :D

NormanPride
8/24/2006, 02:20 PM
I don't iron.

Savage. ;)

yermom
8/24/2006, 02:41 PM

that's what i said ;)

OU4LIFE
8/24/2006, 02:50 PM
Ah what sad times are these when a Reverend Horton Heat reference get's glossed over without a response.

yermom
8/24/2006, 02:52 PM
who?

crawfish
8/24/2006, 03:01 PM
Ah what sad times are these when a Reverend Horton Heat reference get's glossed over without a response.

Sorry, I had my lie detector on.

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 03:37 PM
[QUOTE=1stTimeCaller]What a parent perceives to be in their kid's best interest and what really is in the kid's best interest are not always the same.

What? Are you saying that a 5 year old kid knows more about their own best interest than their parent?

Point: Quantity time is better than quality time. You technically can not create quality time with your child unless your actually around them enough for the quality time to happen, as opposed to being forced or purchased. Quantity time leads to quality time because you are there when the cool stuff happens; like their first steps, or their first words. I wanted one of the parents to be there when our child spoke their first words, as opposed to the baby sitter, regardless if they were a good baby sitter or not.

Mjcpr
8/24/2006, 03:38 PM
If he has something important to say couldn't he just call you at work?

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=1stTimeCaller]What a parent perceives to be in their kid's best interest and what really is in the kid's best interest are not always the same.

What? Are you saying that a 5 year old kid knows more about their own best interest than their parent?

Point: Quantity time is better than quality time. You technically can not create quality time with your child unless your actually around them enough for the quality time to happen, as opposed to being forced or purchased. Quantity time leads to quality time because you are there when the cool stuff happens; like their first steps, or their first words. I wanted one of the parents to be there when our child spoke their first words, as opposed to the baby sitter, regardless if they were a good baby sitter or not.

yes, that is exactly what I meant :rolleyes:

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 03:41 PM
Then what should a parent do? Refer to Dr. Spock? You make the best choices you can for your children based of your knowledge that you've gained through experience, that you can. I would feel that the decisions and direction I give my kids is going to be closer to who and what I feel they should be, as opposed to someone else I might not even know at a day care center, or someone I know fairly well that is their baby sitter.

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 03:44 PM
read some posts around that one and continue on until you get to here. If you still come up with the same feeling as to what that post of mine referred to please have your babysitter teach your kid reading comprehension.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 03:45 PM
This thing still going huh?

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 03:49 PM
This thing still going huh?

sorry, last time, I promise

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 03:52 PM
read some posts around that one and continue on until you get to here. If you still come up with the same feeling as to what that post of mine referred to please have your babysitter teach your kid reading comprehension.

Didn't do the baby sitter thing. My Junior made top 98% on the PSAT. Starts ont he varsity football team. I have great kids. I would like to think his mother and I can take part of that responsibility. My wife is back at work. She's a 6th grade language arts teacher. My kid's baby sitter didn't have to teach them to spell, my wife did.

So read this. Kiss my a*** you smart as*** SOB !

Mjcpr
8/24/2006, 03:54 PM
Has he played golf with the General yet?

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 03:54 PM
maybe your Junior could teach you some reading comprehension. And have a DNA test done, no way that kid is yours.

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 03:55 PM
top 98%??? that's everyone except Vince Young.

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 03:57 PM
Did she teach them to spelly?
;)

When you're able to type 100 words per minute,..........never mind. A punk wouldn't understand the thought process.

:cool:

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 03:57 PM
Maybe when I type 100 words per minute, the "d" key will move closer to the "y" key? You have a kick *** keyboard.

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 03:58 PM
top 98%??? that's everyone except Vince Young.

WTF are you talking about. Top 98% only means 2% were higher. It means he will be interviewing this year for a National Merit Scholar. Oh, I forgot, you would not know what that was. :D

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 03:59 PM
Maybe when I type 100 words per minute, the "d" key will move closer to the "y" key? You have a kick *** keyboard.

Ohhhh....... snappy come back. What are you? 14 y.o.?

SoonerInKCMO
8/24/2006, 03:59 PM
No, '98th percentile' means only 2% were higher. 'Top 98%' means only 2% were lower.

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:00 PM
Ohhhh, you meant top 2%... Have your kid help you brush up on your math when he's teaching you reading comprehension.

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:00 PM
No, '98th percentile' means only 2% were higher. 'Top 98%' means only 2% were lower.

The score on the sheet says 98th percentile. He scored perfect in every category except one. What about your kid smart as@@@@?

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 04:01 PM
Ohhhh....... snappy come back. What are you? 14 y.o.?

Hey, you're the "adult" that started calling people "punks".

Chill out man, nobody is being serious here.

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:03 PM
The score on the sheet says 98th percentile. He scored perfect in every category except one. What about your kid smart as@@@@?

too bad his old man is the milk man

JohnnyMack
8/24/2006, 04:04 PM
When you're able to type 100 words per minute,..........never mind. A punk wouldn't understand the thought process.

:cool:

Hey Colley,

:les:BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 04:05 PM
Hey Colley,

:les:BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heh.

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:05 PM
Nothing more serious than raising kids that don't turn out to be rude people who sit around playing victim waiting for someone else to solve their problems for them. You know. I've posted on this board for several years and now I remember why I don't come over here very often and post. To many clowns. See yah !

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:06 PM
is that us?

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:07 PM
Why don't you guys go clock out and quit posting on SF while you are suppose to be working!? :D

Viking Kitten
:les: HOLLIS BOARD!!!

NormanPride
Did I just witness a mini-Helander?

EDIT: Heh. Great minds....

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:08 PM
Because I'm in the top 98% of money earners in America.

surely homeless people make up 2% of the population.

Hamhock
Nothing more serious than raising kids that don't turn out to be rude people who sit around playing victim waiting for someone else to solve their problems for them. You know. I've posted on this board for several years and now I remember why I don't come over here very often and post. To many clowns. See yah !

Helander post in 3....2.....1...

EDIT: n/m

colleyvillesooner
Nothing more serious than raising kids that don't turn out to be rude people who sit around playing victim waiting for someone else to solve their problems for them. You know, I've posted on this board for several years and now I remember why I don't come over here very often and post. Too many clowns. See yah !

Bye! http://www.forum-tvs.ru/style_emoticons/default/bye2.gif

SoonerInKCMO
8/24/2006, 04:09 PM

Good for him. But I already said that 98th percentile means top 2%... the opposite of 'top 98%' - which is what you said he scored earlier.

OklahomaRed
too bad his old man is the milk man

I will be glad to compare net worth any time "punk". :D

Mjcpr
Don't bring us down, Bruce.

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 04:10 PM
Why don't you guys go clock out and quit posting on SF while you are suppose to be working!? :D

Don't try to steal my Jerk status in this thread!!!

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:10 PM
Good for him. But I already said that 98th percentile means top 2%... the opposite of 'top 98%' - which is what you said he scored earlier.

It was somewhere between one and a hundred, that I'm sure of.

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:11 PM
Bye! http://www.forum-tvs.ru/style_emoticons/default/bye2.gif

Brave person on a message board. I bet you are not nearly as brave in person? :P

IB4OU2

Dammit! he just ran Colley off.........:mad:

SoonerInKCMO

No, no, no. See, what he's saying is that the milkman is who really fathered the kid - not that you work as a milkman.

1stTimeCaller

dude, I'm 27 years old and my new worth consists of a lab-border collie mix.

I'm sure that's more than you have Mr. Innerweb Millionaire.

Ike
8/24/2006, 04:12 PM
Just to be clear...

NormanPride
8/24/2006, 04:13 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/LoneGunmen/internet_serious_business4.jpg

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 04:13 PM

just stay away from sooneron's wife.

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:14 PM
No, no, no. See, what he's saying is that the milkman is who really fathered the kid - not that you work as a milkman.

easy now, he's still trying to figure out the whole top 98% thing.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 04:14 PM
Brave person on a message board. I bet you are not nearly as brave in person? :P

Who's trying to be brave? you said you were leaving, I said bye.

If you think I'm a serious person, you don't post or lurk enough

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 04:15 PM
Dammit! he just ran Colley off.........:mad:

Nu-uh :D

NormanPride

I think the latter applies here.

JohnnyMack
Innerweb tough guys are my all-time favorite.

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:16 PM
Innerweb tough guys are my all-time favorite.
this one is rich too

Stanley1
8/24/2006, 04:16 PM

You aren't serious, or you aren't a person? :confused:

NormanPride
8/24/2006, 04:18 PM
this one is rich too

Psh. Aren't you? I'm a millionaire ninja from 2042, sent to tell you that you're all wrong. At everything.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 04:18 PM
You aren't serious, or you aren't a person? :confused:

I'll ****ING KILL YOU!!!

Stanley1
8/24/2006, 04:19 PM
I'll ****ING KILL YOU!!! :D

Fixed.

I hope.

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:19 PM
:confused: I'm always at several tail gates each year. Why don't you come up and introduce yourself there? Perhaps you are nicer in person than you are on the internet? :pop:

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:20 PM
I'm gonna need a ruling on this one. We can call other posters names as long as we put a smilie at the end?

This is gonna be awesome.

Stanley1
8/24/2006, 04:21 PM
I'm gonna need a ruling on this one. We can call other posters names as long as we put a smilie at the end?

No, no. It has to do with the context, and "true" meaning.

NormanPride
8/24/2006, 04:22 PM

Dare ya to test that one on Dean. :D

1stTimeCaller
:confused: I'm always at several tail gates each year. Why don't you come up and introduce yourself there? Perhaps you are nicer in person than you are on the internet? :pop:

would you say that you make it to the top 98% of the tailgates, Norman Einstein?

colleyvillesooner

DUDE!!!

http://www.jasoco.net/data/files/images/Chill%20Pill.png

Nobody here's trying to be a badass. Except Dean, he's really ****ed at you. ;)

OklahomaRed

Sounds good to me. My kid is the milk man's kid? My kid is in the bottom 2%? It's all funny until someone gets their a$%# kicked? :D

There, smiley face at the end. It's okay !?

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:23 PM
Sounds good to me. My kid is the milk man's kid? My kid is in the bottom 2%? It's all funny until someone gets their a$%# kicked? :D

you'd need a step ladder and the kid's real dad to kick my ***.

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:25 PM
DUDE!!!

http://www.jasoco.net/data/files/images/Chill%20Pill.png

Nobody here's trying to be a badass. Except Dean, he's really ****ed at you. ;)

I know Dean personally. If he's ****ed at me, he can call me. One issue with SF, is the fact that all the 10,000 post posters here think that if someone is below 2,000 posts they can just jump their "shi$#@" and the new poster is suppose to like it. That, in my book, is a internet punk. Define punk? Somone who sits around and jacks with other people, and then say "chill" when they begin to worry that someone may take their BS serious?

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 04:25 PM

shut up, faggot.

:)

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:26 PM
you'd need a step ladder and the kid's real dad to kick my ***.

I have a step ladder. Name the time and place tough guy ! :D

SoonerInKCMO
8/24/2006, 04:26 PM

:les: NOBODY SAID YOUR KID IS IN THE BOTTOM 2%! WE SAID YOU MISUSED THE PHRASE 'TOP 98%'!

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 04:27 PM
shut up, faggot.

:eek:

Stanley1
8/24/2006, 04:27 PM
shut up, faggot.

That one got me the hole for like, a week or so. :D

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:28 PM
I know Dean personally. If he's ****ed at me, he can call me. One issue with SF, is the fact that all the 10,000 post posters here think that if someone is below 2,000 posts they can just jump their "shi$#@" and the new poster is suppose to like it. That, in my book, is a internet punk. Define punk? Somone who sits around and jacks with other people, and then say "chill" when they begin to worry that someone may take their BS serious?

you *****, this thread was done until your lame *** jumped in and started calling people names and waving around your internet :chicken: .

have milkman's kid teach you how to comprehend what you read.

colleyvillesooner

You must be talking about 1TC. I just razzed you about spelling.

Hamhock
That one got me the hole for like, a week or so. :D

yes, but the person you directed it to was really....oh, wait....oh, crap.

:O

NormanPride
8/24/2006, 04:29 PM
shut up, faggot.

<2000 posts? Looks like we need to 'jump your "shi$#@"'....?

colleyvillesooner
you *****, this thread was done until your lame *** jumped in and started calling people names and waving around your internet :chicken: .

have milkman's kid teach you how to comprehend what you read.

1stTimeCaller
I have a step ladder. Name the time and place tough guy ! :D

just make sure that the kid's dad is there. I don't want folks giving me a hard time for beating up a retard.:P

crawfish
8/24/2006, 04:30 PM
<10000 posts? Looks like we need to 'jump your "shi$#@"'....?

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:31 PM
You must be talking about 1TC. I just razzed you about spelling.

Maybe that is my shortcoming for not being a full time poster here. I don't know the decent people from the a-holes?

My bad. Sometimes I let my Irish heritage get the best of me. :)

Hamhock
<2000 posts? Looks like we need to 'jump your "shi$#@"'....?

please scroll up about 190 posts.

NormanPride

<25000 posts? etc,etc...

colleyvillesooner
and here I thought this afternoon was going to be boring.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 04:32 PM
Maybe that is my shortcoming for not being a full time poster here. I don't know the decent people from the a-holes?

Oh no, you're right on. 1TC is a dick. :D

Ike
8/24/2006, 04:32 PM

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:33 PM

I think it's your inability to comprehend what you read and your faulty thought process that gets the best of you. Well that and the milkman that is letting you pay for his kid's raising.

OklahomaRed
just make sure that the kid's dad is there. I don't want folks giving me a hard time for beating up a retard.:P

My kid could kick your as^%%%. I wouldn't even have to help him. Retard? Whatever. I think I'm figuring this one out. Everyone else is cool. You are a loser ! :D (almost forgot my smiley face there on the end)

Hamhock
just admit that anyone who uses daycare hates their kids and we'll be done with it.

NormanPride
8/24/2006, 04:34 PM
Man, Ike. Not only are you making fun of his kid, you've even got a picture of him getting hit by a baseball. That's just not cool.

colleyvillesooner
just admit that anyone who uses daycare hates their kids and we'll be done with it.

HEH

Stanley1

No, you got that part right. Both CVS and 1TC are both a-holes.

1stTimeCaller
My kid could kick your as^%%%. I wouldn't even have to help him. Retard? Whatever. I think I'm figuring this one out. Everyone else is cool. You are a loser ! :D (almost forgot my smiley face there on the end)

if you went to daycare as a kid I have revised my stance on the issue.

SoonerInKCMO
8/24/2006, 04:35 PM
There's some unintentional comedy gold up in this here thread.

Hamhock

boooyah...I win.

1stTimeCaller
tell your kid to bring his boyfriend, you and his dad. Oh, don't forget the step ladder.

Ike
8/24/2006, 04:36 PM
Man, Ike. Not only are you making fun of his kid, you've even got a picture of him getting hit by a baseball. That's just not cool.

his kid? nope, thats my kid at the father-son game. I was on the hill.

1stTimeCaller

and Hamhock and Stanley1. Culo(sp) Grande

OklahomaRed

Don't you remember me? I'm the kid at day care that used to beat you up all the time and take your milk money. Perhaps that is why you have the obsession with the milk man? :D

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 04:37 PM

http://colleyvillesooner.com/stuff/BigMad.jpg

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:37 PM
Don't you remember me? I'm the kid at day care that used to beat you up all the time and take your milk money. Perhaps that is why you have the obsession with the milk man? :D

You're a black girl????????

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:38 PM

Now that's a racist remark! :pop:

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 04:39 PM

ymssra

BlondeSoonerGirl
I wanna throw a teeny little carton of milk at this thread now.

1stTimeCaller
and seriously, you've already touted your math skills but let's think about you beating me up at daycare. I'm 27 and have told you that, you have a son in HS 16, 17?

Why on earth would a grown man need to go to daycare and beat up a little kid, unless the grown man was you and couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper sack.

NormanPride
8/24/2006, 04:40 PM
...That's racist?

OklahomaRed
That show's high intelligence. The second you start losing a debate, you start throwing around racial slurs? :D

colleyvillesooner
I wanna throw a teeny little carton of milk at this thread now.

I blame Lil for starting the thread. She totally knew it would turn out this way.

1stTimeCaller
Now that's a racist remark! :pop:

not my fault Brandy was black and beat me up at daycare.

Hamhock
and Hamhock and Stanley1. Culo(sp) Grande

i dunno what this means, therefore it's not funny.

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:41 PM
and seriously, you've already touted your math skills but let's think about you beating me up at daycare. I'm 27 and have told you that, you have a son in HS 16, 17?

Why on earth would a grown man need to go to daycare and beat up a little kid, unless the grown man was you and couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper sack.

I just knew you'd grow up to be an internet punk. :D

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:41 PM
That show's high intelligence. The second you start losing a debate, you start throwing around racial slurs? :D

hang on, your wife was whispering in my ear, what did you say?

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:42 PM
hang on, your wife was whispering in my ear, what did you say?

Good job. That had to at least be on a second grade level. Try again. :pop:

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:43 PM
I just knew you'd grow up to be an internet punk. :D

seriously, how old are you? I know I act like I'm 5 but I'm not out swinging around a lil smokey sized internet **** either.

Ike
stay on topic people!!

NormanPride
Good job. That had to at least be on a second grade level. Try again. :pop:

No, no, man. That's at least 4th grade material. Give him some credit.

Hamhock
8/24/2006, 04:44 PM
Dean must be dead.

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:44 PM
Even more juvenile. First the black thing, then jabs at my wife, then you resort to talking about penis size. Not worth it son. Hopefully you will get a real life someday. :D

Ike
8/24/2006, 04:45 PM
No, no, man. That's at least 4th grade material. Give him some credit.

By todays lax educational standards anyway :D

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:45 PM
Even more juvenile. First the black thing, then jabs at my wife, then you resort to talking about penis size. Not worth it son. Hopefully you will get a real life someday. :D

A girl's gotta have dreams, ya know. One day mine will come true. It was the milkman that took the jabs at your wife, not me.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 04:47 PM
So this is how threads end when they don't get locked.

Is it better to burn out or to fade away?

OklahomaRed
8/24/2006, 04:48 PM
A girl's gotta have dreams, ya know. One day mine will come true. It was the milkman that took the jabs at your wife, not me.

Thats what I thought. Sorry for wasting everyone's time and internet space debating 1TC. I will definitely steer clear of this one in the future. :)

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/24/2006, 04:48 PM
Now I wanna force paste down it's throat.

1stTimeCaller
8/24/2006, 04:49 PM
Thats what I thought. Sorry for wasting everyone's time and internet space debating 1TC. I will definitely steer clear of this one in the future. :)

You should do us all a favor and quit wasting oxygen. Remember, down the street not across the tracks.

JohnnyMack
8/24/2006, 04:59 PM
:dean: is gonna kick this thread's ***. Duke Nukem style.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2006, 05:00 PM
:dean: is gonna kick this thread's ***. Duke Nukem style.
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/ug/eardley/atom_bomb_2.jpg