PDA

View Full Version : OKC fans, consider yourself lucky you dont have to put up with Tulsa radio

The_Red_Patriot
8/23/2006, 03:32 PM
Man, 1430 the buzz is horrible. Chris Plank has killed family guy for me and Jeremy Poplin is the typical negative sooner fan. After the loss to Tcu last year I remember him saying OU would be lucky to break .500 and make it to a bowl and this year going on and on about how terrible Thompson is.

Then on the Tulsa animal, we gotta put up with Yankee lover Al Jerkins and Pat Jones. sweet.

NormanPride
8/23/2006, 03:49 PM
Tulsa radio sucks. I miss the morning Bonanza on 1430 before they fired everyone and changed the lineup. :(

OklahomaTuba
8/23/2006, 03:51 PM
Wait till Dave Sittler joins Pat Jones and Big Al.

zeke
8/23/2006, 03:56 PM
Be thankful you dont live around Ft Smith and be forced to listen to constant razorback dribble. I dont like Pat Jones or this Al fellow but they are welcome over the idiots that do hog ball stuff.

cwood60
8/23/2006, 04:04 PM
What blows my mind is 1430 talks more baseball and NASCAR during the football season. There horrible; I'm so glad the Sports Animal is now on in Tulsa.

proudsoonergal
8/23/2006, 04:06 PM
Be really thankful you don't live in Austin and have to listen to the idiots in the morning on The Zone.

SoonerDood
8/23/2006, 04:15 PM
Al and Jimbo Elrod were pretty good. Sad to see he left. The Buzz has always been bad- all OSU most of the time, with the Cardinals being the only topic after 3. They rarely mention Tulsa (a good Aggy hates TU almost as much as OU), and once in a while, you'll get them to acknowledge there's a team that plays in Norman.:(

boomersooner28
8/23/2006, 05:11 PM
I quit listening to Tulsa sports radio when Jimbo left. The 1430 guys are complete idiots...I quit listening to the 2 years ago when they interviewed a Bowling team in town from Buffalo, NY! Seriously!

Al, is too busy talking Yankee baseball (PUKE!), and Pat is Pat...although he does have some interesting stories.

It sucks.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/23/2006, 07:12 PM
Be thankful you dont live around Ft Smith and be forced to listen to constant razorback dribble. I dont like Pat Jones or this Al fellow but they are welcome over the idiots that do hog ball stuff.
Amen to that brother. 97.1 FM wins hands down over the Sports Hog (which carries the OU broadcasts, BTW) or ESPN 96.3 FM.

umberto
8/23/2006, 07:34 PM

I grew up near Ft Smith, and I know what you're talking about. I would still call it a toss up with Pat Jones, though. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
8/23/2006, 07:41 PM
I grew up near Ft Smith, and I know what you're talking about. I would still call it a toss up with Pat Jones, though. :D
And just when you thought the Ft. Smith media was too "Arkansas-biased," we're getting another local TV station newscast with the new Fox 24 coming into the area later this month.

BTW, is it me or is Ft. Smith/Northwest Arkansas the only region in America where the media does reports on two professional sports franchises in two different cities, the Dallas Cowboys and the St. Louis Cardinals? Totally weird, and I say that as a Cowboys fan.

jackietreehorn
8/23/2006, 10:25 PM
Tulsa sucks. :(

fixed:P