PDA

View Full Version : OU/FSU Five Years Later

tru2ou
8/23/2006, 02:16 PM
I was watching the OU-FSU Orange Bowl last night, including the pregame. Much of the talk before and during this game was the loss of Snoop Minnis and the lack of FSU receivers. So, I decided to take a look at the FSU receivers and see where they are today. Here is the list of who caught passes and made the NFL...

Travis Minor (RB) - Miami Dolphins
Anquan Boldin - Arizona Cardinals
Javon Walker - Denver Broncos
Robert Morgan - Green Bay Packers

I think its about time the OU defensive backs and coaches got some serious props for their performance in this game. FSU had NFL wide receivers all over the field and OU had one defensive back (Derrick Strait) who made the NFL.

Just a little look back...

- Tru

HarrisTubbsFan
8/23/2006, 02:25 PM
Some guy named Roy Williams made the NFL also I think. And I think Woolfolk played some DB that game. Mike Thompson would be in the NFL if he didn't have the car accident.

tru2ou
8/23/2006, 02:31 PM
Some guy named Roy Williams made the NFL also I think. And I think Woolfolk played some DB that game. Mike Thompson would be in the NFL if he didn't have the car accident.

Actually Roy Williams started at linebacker for this game and Woolfolk only played WR. He fumbled the ball away in the first half.

The starters at DB were:

Derrick Strait
Michael Thompson
J.T. Thatcher
Ontei Jones

Yes, TGRW played alot of like a DB in this game but he was listed as the starting LB and Roger Steffan was benched.

- Tru

BermudaSooner
8/23/2006, 02:47 PM
What happened to Snoop?

NormanPride
8/23/2006, 02:51 PM
What happened to Snoop?

He forgot to go to class and was ruled academically ineligible for the bowl game, if I remember. Wouldn't have mattered, though. Roy would have made him cry on the first play anyway. :D

sooner45
8/23/2006, 03:09 PM
What ever happened to Ontei? Or the woods brothers? Pee wee and Mike?

okienole3
8/23/2006, 03:13 PM
What ever happened to Ontei? Or the woods brothers? Pee wee and Mike?

pretty sure they weren't brothers and neither of them were on the 2000 team.

BermudaSooner
8/23/2006, 03:15 PM
He forgot to go to class and was ruled academically ineligible for the bowl game, if I remember. Wouldn't have mattered, though. Roy would have made him cry on the first play anyway. :D

I remember that--I mean where is he now?

sooner45
8/23/2006, 03:17 PM
pretty sure they weren't brothers and neither of them were on the 2000 team.

Now that you say it your right, they werent brothers, and I knew they werent brothers, but was just aking in general. Thanks!

The_Red_Patriot
8/23/2006, 03:35 PM
ha, Pee Wee used to get burned all the time

IronSooner
8/23/2006, 05:18 PM
What happened to Snoop?

As a sign in my section read:
"Don't be Snoopid."

jackietreehorn
8/23/2006, 05:30 PM
Actually Roy Williams started at linebacker for this game and Woolfolk only played WR. He fumbled the ball away in the first half.

The starters at DB were:

Derrick Strait
Michael Thompson
J.T. Thatcher
Ontei Jones

Yes, TGRW played alot of like a DB in this game but he was listed as the starting LB and Roger Steffan was benched.

- Tru

ontei, if you're reading this- i love you.

i thought snoop was suspended for receiving some free clothes or something--i could be wrong.

OUrOUned
8/23/2006, 05:30 PM
what about Marshall and Calmus...aren't they in the NFL?

IronSooner
8/23/2006, 05:46 PM
i thought snoop was suspended for receiving some free clothes or something--i could be wrong.

Nope, Snoop didn't make the grades. You're thinking of Peter Warrick

The Maestro
8/23/2006, 05:51 PM
FSU would not have scored if that game had been 8 quarters long...well, except for their offensive MVP, our deep snapper.

Mike Stoops greatest day on the planet.

Wishboned
8/23/2006, 06:42 PM
what about Marshall and Calmus...aren't they in the NFL?

Calmus announced his retirement and I believe Marshall is playing in the Arena league.

The Ensuing Kickoff
8/23/2006, 06:48 PM
Roy started and played the entire game at Roy Back.

:)

goingoneight
8/23/2006, 09:17 PM
... and Josh Heupel is STILL younger than Chris Wanker was!!! :D

SOONER44EVER
8/23/2006, 11:54 PM
This game will be shown on ABC channel 5 in Oklahoma this Saturday at 11:30 am for all of you wanting to watch it.

okienole3
8/24/2006, 10:31 AM
Calmus announced his retirement and I believe Marshall is playing in the Arena league.

Torrance has been seen working out at the YMCA here in Norman.

Pricetag
8/24/2006, 12:22 PM
ha, Pee Wee used to get burned all the time
He played for the Tulsa Talons in AF2 for a few games. He got picked on there, too.

tulsaoilerfan
8/24/2006, 12:46 PM
i didn't know rocky retired; are you sure about that?i know he has been injured a lot, but i thought he was still trying to catch on with a team

HarrisTubbsFan
8/24/2006, 01:32 PM
Haven't seen an actual article saying Calmus retired but it's basically been reported as a fact for about a month or so. Rocky was never able to stay healthy in the NFL. Marshall got in trouble with the law which hurt him in the NFL as much as anything.

Tear Down This Wall
8/24/2006, 03:16 PM
Pee Wee and Corey Ivy played on the Chicago XFL team in 2001. Pee Wee later played some Arena League ball.

Mike Woods and Rodney Rideau signed free agent contracts with New England in April 2000, but were cut before the season started.

Ontei bounced around the NFL on free agent contract and even played a year in NFL Europe.

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/24/2006, 03:30 PM
Ontei was all over the field that night. Some of those receivers still hear the footsteps.

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4033/onteifsudb6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Notice the turf under the feet :D

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/24/2006, 03:32 PM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3979/torrancewilliamsweinkegx2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)