PDA

View Full Version : Dean...it is that time again. Survivor!!!!!

Sooner in Tampa
8/23/2006, 12:55 PM
http://wwwimage.cbs.com/primetime/survivor13/images/hp/hero.jpg

13 of the 20 are from California....7 of those are from Los Angeles.

Link (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor13/)

Here is the first little twist.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Get ready for a segregated "Survivor." Race will matter on the upcoming season of the CBS (http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20060823/D8JM8HNO0.html?PG=home&SEC=news#) show as contestants will be divided into four tribes by ethnicity. That means blacks, whites, Latinos and Asians in separate groups.
The announcement was made on CBS' Early Show. Host Jeff Probst says the idea "actually came from the criticism that 'Survivor' was not ethnically diverse enough." He says the twist fits in perfectly with what "Survivor" does, saying the show is "a social experiment. And this is adding another layer to that experiment." Probst says contestants had mixed reactions to the racial divisions. This time the new Survivors are stranded on the Cook Islands in the South Pacific. The castaways include a police officer, a heavy metal guitarist, an attorney and a nail salon manager. The new season of Survivor debuts September 14th.

Sooner_Bob
8/23/2006, 01:02 PM
Great, just what my wife needs is another season of Survivor . . . the summer of Big Brother All-Stars is driving me nuts.

Mjcpr
8/23/2006, 02:27 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Get ready for a segregated "Survivor." Race will matter on the upcoming season of the CBS (http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/20060823/D8JM8HNO0.html?PG=home&SEC=news#) show as contestants will be divided into four tribes by ethnicity. That means blacks, whites, Latinos and Asians in separate groups.

Survivor: Montgomery, AL

handcrafted
8/23/2006, 03:25 PM
I can't WAIT to read Jesse Jackson's reaction to this one...:D

C&CDean
8/23/2006, 03:30 PM
I swear, by Allah, that I declare jihad on any and all Survivor threads this year. No love for the islamoterroristmurdering**********s? That's racist. I shall blow up every Survivor thread and meet my 71 hookers in heaven.

SoonerStormchaser
8/23/2006, 03:31 PM
Survivor: Montgomery, AL

Also known as: OTS!!!

6 1/2 weeks down...5 1/2 to go!

leavingthezoo
8/23/2006, 03:33 PM
I swear, by Allah, that I declare jihad on any and all Survivor threads this year. No love for the islamoterroristmurdering**********s? That's racist. I shall blow up every Survivor thread and meet my 71 hookers in heaven.

i thought you got 72. you've been jobbed.

C&CDean
8/23/2006, 03:34 PM
i thought you got 72. you've been jobbed.

Sounds like you're volunteering to complete the 72 pack. Cool.

leavingthezoo
8/23/2006, 03:38 PM
sweet. but only if i get my own palace and a hot pool boy to accompany me when you're with the other 71 hoes. :D

C&CDean
8/23/2006, 04:00 PM
sweet. but only if i get my own palace and a hot pool boy to accompany me when you're with the other 71 hoes. :D

Done and done.

DEATH TO THE SURVIVORINFIDELS!!!!!!! LALALALALALALALALALA111111!!!

Chuck Bao
8/23/2006, 04:01 PM
Okay, they are trying to push the envelope with the racial tribes. Probst is not committing anything early with his interviews except the rationale of why there isn't more racial diversity.

Social experiment? I don't think so.

Damn skippy if you have to go out and choose 85% of the contestants, how much of a controlled social experiment is that.

Even Probst mentioned that the one Asian dude was worried about the editing and how they would be protrayed.

And, oh dear gawd, the "white" tribe???

I would not want to be on the "white" tribe as opposed to the African-American tribe or the Asian-American tribe or the Hispanic / Latino tribe.

Train wreck or maybe that's what they're shooting for.

Mjcpr
8/23/2006, 04:04 PM
In this challenge, the black tribe will get in the back of the canoe....

IB4OU2
8/23/2006, 04:09 PM
In this challenge, the black tribe will get in the back of the canoe....

Where does the sexually ambiguous tribe sit?

C&CDean
8/23/2006, 04:11 PM
Where does the sexually ambiguous tribe sit?

On each other's laps?

Sooner in Tampa
8/23/2006, 05:04 PM
What about the indians??

Chuck Bao
8/23/2006, 05:11 PM
Good point! Where is the native American tribe?

OUinFLA
8/23/2006, 05:21 PM
Im in Florida, it's hard for me to speak for the rest of the tribe.
Smoke signals dont work well over 1300 miles.