PDA

View Full Version : maybe its a good thing grady transferred...

soonerinabilene
8/23/2006, 12:50 PM
poor guy couldn't win the starting job at utah either. makes you wonder just how good he really is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2558775

SALT LAKE CITY -- Senior Brett Ratliff will start at quarterback for Utah in the season opener next weekend at UCLA.

Coach Kyle Whittingham said Wednesday that Ratliff beat out Tommy Grady for the job.

"It was obviously a very competitive situation and not an easy decision to make," Whittingham said. "Both Brett and Tommy performed well all during camp and both are certainly worthy of the starting position."

Ratliff won back the job he inherited in November when starter Brian Johnson ruptured a knee tendon late in a loss to New Mexico. He started two games and the Utes won them both, beating rival Brigham Young in overtime to qualify for a bowl and beating Georgia Tech in the Emerald Bowl.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

FlatheadSooner
8/23/2006, 12:57 PM
Could be.

Hope he does well for himself and the reflection on OU recruiting.

SoonerDood
8/23/2006, 04:45 PM
if he hadn't left here, he would be starting now

umberto
8/23/2006, 07:30 PM
Doesn't the Utah system require a lot of mobility (or did they change after Rural left)? If so, I wonder how well suited Tommy is for that system. He didn't strike me as someone who had great mobility.

sanantoniosooner
8/23/2006, 07:47 PM
Yeah........I'm glad we don't have him competing for the position.

Really.

sooneron
8/23/2006, 07:57 PM
Sounds like it was tight and the coach went with the established kid that has been there ala Paul Thompson last year. I'm sure that with Urban there, they drew some decent kids.

AlbqSooner
8/23/2006, 09:34 PM
Living in MWC country I can tell you that the press is saying that Ratliff seemed the more creative while Grady had the better ability to throw the long ball on the money. As of this morning's paper it was deemed a toss up, but I guess the decision has been made.

sanantoniosooner
8/23/2006, 09:36 PM
The coach had a traumatic experience watching Sanford and Son.

Grady never had a chance.