PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Union v. Hoover, Alabama

JohnnyMack
8/23/2006, 10:10 AM
Game is set for Sept. 1st at Union.

Hoover High School has a new reality series on MTV that starts tonight:

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/2_a_days/series.jhtml#/ontv/dyn/2_a_days/series.jhtml

homerSimpsonsBrain
8/23/2006, 10:50 AM
Union took a beating in a scrimage with West Moore (I think) this past weekend. Could get ugly.

The_Red_Patriot
8/23/2006, 11:00 AM
yea, I can see that comming. Union got a new head coach from Indiana where he didnt throw the ball that much. Like 5 passes a game is what I have heard. I cant beleive Union didnt give the head coaching job to Spavital who has been in the system for the last 10 years. That guy is a great coach.

SoonerDood
8/23/2006, 11:37 AM
maybe Union will do like they did with the band and fire the guy after a year.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/23/2006, 11:49 AM
I cant beleive Union didnt give the head coaching job to Spavital who has been in the system for the last 10 years. That guy is a great coach.

Meanwhile, Trimble's Trojans reload for another one. Bad move, Union. Bad move. Maybe the recruiting will ease up some and those mighty Sandites can do some good for a change.

I still say we should let the boys out at Rader play.

OUstud
8/23/2006, 04:46 PM
The 2 times we've faced Union, we've been outscored something like 78-14 and at halftime last year they had more points then we did total offense.

CtheB
8/23/2006, 10:43 PM
Even with all of the success this guy had at his old school, he's making a big mistake if he doesn't listen just a bit to Blankenship. They didn't get beat by Westmoore, they got slaughtered---so bad they are going to need more than Friday's scrimmage to get ready to play Hoover. Truthfully, I think Westmoore is that good, but Union is way off the mark. Maybe it was just their first competition under the new guy.

sooner518
8/23/2006, 11:11 PM
When Hoover kills them, you know theyre going to hype it by talking about how great Union has been the last few years. oh well, like i care about Oklahoma high school football. My high school team was always awful.

Duke o Brewery
8/24/2006, 01:13 AM
I'm interested in the game, but Hoover should handle Union by 14-21 points.

Partial Qualifier
8/24/2006, 07:08 AM
Truthfully, I think Westmoore is that good

So Westmoore really is the Best Moore? ;)

Sooner_Bob
8/24/2006, 07:13 AM
So Stillwater High might actually have a chance against Union this year . . . hmmm. I think the game is at Stillwater so I might just have to go watch.

XFollower
8/24/2006, 08:03 AM
I watched the show last night on TV. I can't say I've ever seen a more arrogant coach. The guy has successful programs, but if those kids ever lose at anything in life they are going to think life is over. I loved when the team chaplain came in and informed them that "Football is king". Blankenship set an example, he had an incredible program as well as incredible character and life leadership.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2006-08-23-hoover-outlook_x.htm

OklahomaTuba
8/24/2006, 08:19 AM
I'm laughing my *** off at Union. Its about time they started getting kicked around like a little red headed stepchild by the other burbs.

CtheB
8/24/2006, 09:12 AM
I'm laughing my *** off at Union. Its about time they started getting kicked around like a little red headed stepchild by the other burbs.

I can't wait to see how Muskogee stacks up to both Union and Jenks this year. Muskogee may be the class of the eastern part of the state in football for 06.

JohnnyMack
8/24/2006, 09:23 AM

Cause the near decade of *** raping they took from Jenks wasn't enough?