PDA

View Full Version : Mary Fallin

KaiserSooner
8/23/2006, 09:10 AM
Somebody explain to me the appeal of Mary Fallin, and how the heck she got two thirds of the GOP vote yesterday.

Let's see, Mick, the more-than-competent OKC mayor vs. a 12 year lieutenant governor, who did little except promote flimmaking in Oklahoma, and her rote and empty phrase ("faith, family, and freedom"), which she repeated over and over like a robot.

How the hell did a robot win over a highly capable mayor? And not only win, but win by a landslide.

OUDoc
8/23/2006, 09:21 AM
I wondered that, too. I really thought Mick would win.

frankensooner
8/23/2006, 09:29 AM
Mick is such a nice guy. He did take the high-road, I kept waiting for someone to attack her on her faith, family and freedom bit, reminding the electorate of how much faith she had in her family and the freedom she wanted in dating...;)

Rhino
8/23/2006, 10:36 AM
Faith, Family, Freedom and ****ing State Troopers That Aren't Your Husband.

Okla-homey
8/23/2006, 10:40 AM
She has very nice rack and looks like she's had work done. That'll get a person far in politics.

You're welcome.

Seriously, more voting 'Pubs in Tulsa than in OKC. MF is from Tulsa. Questions? BTW, I din't vote in that race because I'm not in the new Congesswoman's district.

SoonerStormchaser
8/23/2006, 10:40 AM
Ok...someone fill me in please on Fallin's past...

handcrafted
8/23/2006, 10:45 AM
I'll tell you why: because Cornett = RINO, and even though Mary Fallin is vacuous, she can at least be counted on to vote properly in most cases (so long as she has someone in leadership to tell her what to do).

Cornett would ride fences and side with the Dems on critical issues. He hasn't exactly been a bastion of fiscal conservatism, never mind the failure to get involved in the homosexual books in the public library thing.

Even though I'm not in the 5th Dist., and hence had no vote, I wanted Kevin Calvey to get the nomination.

Okla-homey
8/23/2006, 11:01 AM
She's also a turkey huntress.

http://www.hackamoreoklahoma.com/Turkey.asp

8/23/2006, 11:20 AM
When did Mick lose the rug? I've been gone from home too long.

Partial Qualifier
8/23/2006, 11:21 AM
Ok...someone fill me in please on Fallin's past...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73984

IB4OU2
8/23/2006, 11:31 AM
She's also a turkey huntress.

http://www.hackamoreoklahoma.com/Turkey.asp

She also owns a cabin at Lemon Lodge in Grand Lake CO., that's where I met her about 8 years ago.

Paperclip
8/23/2006, 11:39 AM
When did Mick lose the rug? I've been gone from home too long.

When he went from being a Sports guy to a news guy.

Is there any verifiable certainty that Mary had an affair and it was more than "friends" with the trooper?

frankensooner
8/23/2006, 11:40 AM
Well, when the trooper apologized for his actions, that was pretty much a good indicator

Paperclip
8/23/2006, 11:42 AM
Well, when the trooper apologized for his actions, that was pretty much a good indicator

I know he admitted to being a shoulder to cry on or something, but denied anything sexual. Or did I miss where he admitted to something more?

jdsooner
8/23/2006, 11:46 AM
OK Political News Service Flashback!
Lt. Gov's bodyguard quits amid allegations of affair

December 8, 1998 AP

OKLAHOMA CITY An Oklahoma Highway Patrol bodyguard for Lt. Gov. Mary Fallin has resigned after admitting ''unprofessional conduct'' amid allegations by her estranged husband that she had an affair with a bodyguard.

Mrs. Fallin, a Republican who was elected to a second term last month, filed for divorce last week. At a hearing, Fallin's attorney raised an allegation about the lieutenant governor having an affair with an unidentified bodyguard.

In a statement Monday, Public Safety Commissioner Bob Ricks said rumors surfaced in early September about ''alleged unprofessional conduct between a member of the executive security detail and the lieutenant governor.''

The statement said the trooper first denied the allegations, but was again questioned late last month and ''admitted to unprofessional conduct and was permitted to resign. That resignation was accepted last week. His admission did not indicate that sexual activity was involved.''

The trooper was not identified and Ricks was reported unavailable for further discussion of the matter.

Lana Tyree, Mrs. Fallin's attorney, later issued a statement saying the lieutenant governor would have no comment.

''Out of legitimate concern for the privacy and welfare of her minor children through the Christmas holidays, Lieutenant Governor Mary Fallin, having denied the allegations, will not respond to or debate these issues in the media and will make no further public comment,'' the statement said. Mrs. Fallin, 43, and her husband have two children, ages 11 and 8.

In court, Mrs. Fallin had said the allegations of an affair with a bodyguard were a rumor started by her husband. At last week's hearing, District Judge Jerry Bass prevented Fallin's attorney from pursuing questions about an alleged affair.

In response to a question from his wife's attorney, Mr. Fallin said he had hired a private investigator to follow her.

Another hearing in the divorce case is set for next Monday.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/23/2006, 11:46 AM
Perhaps her divorce was a good indicator...

jdsooner
8/23/2006, 11:47 AM
Sex scandal roils Oklahoma politics: Official accused of having affair with trooper

December 12, 1998
Kansas City Star (MO)

TULSA, Okla. - The debate over precisely what constitutes sexualrelations has spread from the nation's capital to this heartlandstate, where the lieutenant governor is accused of an improperrelationship with a state trooper.

The situation has Republican Gov. Frank A. Keating battling
partisan charges of hypocrisy for refusing to publicly criticize his
second-in-command, Mary Fallin, while condemning President Clinton's
conduct with Monica Lewinsky as ``outrageous'' and calling for
Clinton's resignation.

``We have to handle this fairly and professionally and in a
nonpartisan fashion, fully independent of what is happening
nationally,'' Keating said in an interview. ``We can't let the winds
of the Washington scandal blow us to the right or left. ''
The governor added that there was no evidence that sexual
intercourse had taken place between Fallin and Greg Allen, a member
of her security detail. Keating has nonetheless ordered the state
Public Safety Commissioner to leave ``no stone unturned'' in an
official review.

Fallin and Allen - who resigned after acknowledging that he
engaged in ``unprofessional conduct'' - have denied a sexual
relationship.

However, Allen admitted that on more than one occasion he had
held Fallin's hand and had comforted her as she wept on his shoulder
over her troubled marriage.

He also said that they had kissed - ``but merely as you would
kiss a friend,'' explained his attorney Gary James. For that, James
said, Allen initially thought it was best to resign. Allen, who is
married, is now asking for his job back.

The firestorm erupted Dec. 4 when Fallin, 43, considered an
up-and-coming Republican political figure, announced that she was
seeking a divorce. At a sensational court hearing that day, she
accused her husband of 14 years of abusing her, of using drugs and of
hiring a private investigator to follow her. Joseph Fallin, a
dentist, denied the abuse and drugs but admitted hiring the
investigator.

``This is about you having an affair with one of your bodyguards,
isn't it?,'' Joseph Fallin's attorney, Bill Liebel, asked Mary Fallin
in open court.

``That was a rumor started by my husband,'' she responded.

The judge quickly called a recess and then barred further
reference to the matter. But the cat was out of the bag. A few days
later, Public Safety Commissioner Bob Ricks confirmed that Allen had
been ``permitted to resign,'' although the trooper had denied that
any ``sexual activity'' had occurred.

``In all honesty, none of us wanted to know any details,'' Ricks
said in an interview. ``Who wants to go into this salacious area? ''
Keating, who is chairman of the Republican Governor's Association
and who has presidential aspirations, is among those who would rather
not be dealing with this. But state Democrats seized on the scandal
to attack Keating, while avoiding any judgment of Fallin and her
marital woes.

``He is a leading critic of the president, and what he is
practicing nationally he is not practicing locally,'' said Pat Hall,
executive director of the state Democratic Party.

Paperclip
8/23/2006, 11:49 AM
I'm still only seeing allegations and denials. No admissions. Infidelity isn't the only reason people get divorced.

jdsooner
8/23/2006, 11:50 AM
Every time she talks about "Faith, Family, and Freedom", I want to gag. She is a political hack. Last fall I was in a 7-11 in Edmond and Fallin walks in with her bodyguard. She didn't say a word to anyone, didn't thank the clerk who waited on her or anything.

As she left the clerk commented on how unfriendly she was and said she would never vote for her. I am sure she will be elected and Oklahoma will now have another Republican doofus (female this time) in office.

Partial Qualifier
8/23/2006, 12:10 PM
I'm still only seeing allegations and denials. No admissions. Infidelity isn't the only reason people get divorced.

Sure, that's all great in the courtroom but why would a state trooper resign over benign allegations & denials?

Paperclip
8/23/2006, 12:20 PM
Sure, that's all great in the courtroom but why would a state trooper resign over benign allegations & denials?

Didn't want his name in the press? Beats me.

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 12:22 PM
Last fall I was in a 7-11 in Edmond and Fallin walks in with her bodyguard. She didn't say a word to anyone, didn't thank the clerk who waited on her or anything.

didnt thank the 7/11 clerk that "waited" on her?

oh man, there's some comedy gold there.......folks, when you CHOOSE to shop at 7/11 and walk in and pay their outrageous prices, they should be thanking you for shopping there

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 12:23 PM
i have no idea what actually happened between fallin and the trooper but its possible he acted inappropriately WITHOUT having sex with her, and its possible that his actions may have brought a bad light on DPS, so he resigned

it IS possible - speculate all you want, but absent any real facts, its all just rumor

Sooner_Bob
8/23/2006, 12:27 PM
I wondered that, too. I really thought Mick would win.

Same here . . .

Paperclip
8/23/2006, 12:27 PM
it IS possible - speculate all you want, but absent any real facts, its all just rumor

This is pretty much my thinking as well.

Sooner_Bob
8/23/2006, 12:28 PM
She has very nice rack and looks like she's had work done. That'll get a person far in politics.

You're welcome.

Seriously, more voting 'Pubs in Tulsa than in OKC. MF is from Tulsa. Questions? BTW, I din't vote in that race because I'm not in the new Congesswoman's district.

I thought she was from Tecumseh? Or did she move there after winning Lt. Governor?

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 12:29 PM
how many of you bashing Fallin for her "indiscretions" are/were Clinton supporters....

just curious....

jdsooner
8/23/2006, 12:32 PM
I think Clinton and Fallin would hit it off, don't you?

jdsooner
8/23/2006, 12:33 PM
I supported Clinton, but if he did a commercial that claimed: "I stand for faith, family, and freedom," I would die laughing!

Sooner_Bob
8/23/2006, 12:34 PM
how many of you bashing Fallin for her "indiscretions" are/were Clinton supporters....

just curious....

it's a double standard man . . . come on, get with the program. :P

KaiserSooner
8/23/2006, 12:43 PM
More than bashing Fallin, her primary victory tells me more about those 5th district Republicans who voted for her. But, as I've said before, a majority of Oklahoma voters choose people like this, so we get what we deserve.

OhU1
8/23/2006, 12:45 PM
Not hard to connect the dots on Fallin's affair. And for that matter Clinton only inhaled and the fat intern was just a good friend. The red nose of the "young" GW was due to his allergies. Ect. Partisan politics is the mark of a simple mind IMO. Lot of that going around the past 10-15 years. Fallin will vote how party bosses want her to vote and all will be happy. Hooray.

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 01:11 PM
More than bashing Fallin, her primary victory tells me more about those 5th district Republicans who voted for her. But, as I've said before, a majority of Oklahoma voters choose people like this, so we get what we deserve.

how dare those 5th district voters not know that your opinion is the only one that matters.....

frankensooner
8/23/2006, 01:22 PM
I guess she isn't related to Jim Imhoff.

Faith. Family. Freedom.

Rhino
8/23/2006, 01:25 PM
I didn't write this, but I think it's priceless.

Mary Fallin is also for freedom. Thank God we got that out of the way. I'm so glad she's not for enslaving people...you know...like all the other candidates. Plus, when you add family and faith in there...wow. She's just so American. I can now rest easier knowing she's for all of this. I almost thought she was a terrorist before. In fact, I can finally stop believing all the rumors that she preserves her good looks by eating charbroiled babies and praying to the devil.

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 01:27 PM
cutting sarcasm as a retort to a political slogan is always "priceless"

jdsooner
8/23/2006, 01:30 PM
JK REALLY likes Mary. You didn't use to be her bodyguard, did you?

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 01:32 PM
i wouldnt know her if she walked in front of me

i'm just doing as "those" would expect me to do ;)

1stTimeCaller
8/23/2006, 01:33 PM
we know she was boinking the Trooper in the same way that 99% of us on the board know who are fathers are. Have any of you ever had your dad do a DNA test to prove that he is your father?

If you didn't does it mean that your dad is just rumored to be your dad?

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims in a cricle like a one-legged duck.....

Pricetag
8/23/2006, 01:35 PM

just curious....
Yeah, I remember all the cries from the Republicans back then not to jump to conclusions before he had actually admitted anything. They were just as right in their speculation then as others are now.

Rhino
8/23/2006, 01:36 PM
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3035/bodyguardlp6.jpg

StoopTroup
8/23/2006, 01:37 PM
Can we just not like her because we don't trust her?

Why does Democrat or Republican have to always get in the way of things.

She was a horrible Lt. Gov. IMO.

I hope she never gets elected to anything ever again.

jdsooner
8/23/2006, 01:40 PM
Well, I remember her as a freshman from Tecumseh at OBU many years ago. She would later transfer, to osu I think. She was very good looking then. I saw her at Commander's Palace in New Orleans during the Sugar Bowl, although I believe she is an osu fan. Of course, I also saw her at the 7-11, but she wasn't speaking to anyone.

She is still attractive, but seemed unapproachable.

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 01:42 PM
i dont know a thing about her, i'm just pushing buttons for the sport of it

what the heck does a lieutenant governor do anyway?

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I remember all the cries from the Republicans back then not to jump to conclusions before he had actually admitted anything. They were just as right in their speculation then as others are now.

except in that situation you had one of the players actually admitting to the deed.......i'm not sure you have that in the fallin/trooper situation

1stTimeCaller
8/23/2006, 01:44 PM
i dont know a thing about her, i'm just pushing buttons for the sport of it

what the heck does a lieutenant governor do anyway?

have sex with State Troopers?

I think her job is much like the VP's job, presiding over the Senate and breaking ties. I could be wrong.

Pricetag
8/23/2006, 01:48 PM
except in that situation you had one of the players actually admitting to the deed.......i'm not sure you have that in the fallin/trooper situation
Yeah, technically, I guess.

But we're all smart people here. I don't believe someone quits his or her job over hand holding and being a confidant. That's as good as an admission in my eyes, and it has nothing to do with partisan politics.

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah, technically, I guess.

But we're all smart people here. I don't believe someone quits his or her job over hand holding and being a confidant. That's as good as an admission in my eyes, and it has nothing to do with partisan politics.

i think its safe to say there was an inappopriate relationship of SOME kind....to what degree i have no idea

1stTimeCaller
8/23/2006, 01:51 PM
Gov. Keating wouldn't have made her detail a women Trooper only detail after that either and she wouldn't have raised all kinds of hell about how it looked to the public for her to have an all female security detail after that incident.

jdsooner
8/23/2006, 01:54 PM
It wasn't a female with her at the 7-11! Her security was definitely male.

1stTimeCaller
8/23/2006, 01:58 PM
Keating is not the Gov. anymore and I don't remember how long he made her detail all female after she was having sex with the male Trooper.

homerSimpsonsBrain
8/23/2006, 02:05 PM
I think her job is much like the VP's job, presiding over the Senate and breaking ties. I could be wrong.

Yep. Thats why so many fairly big names are getting into the Lt Gov Race this year. I guess the talking heads are predicting a pretty even split in the Senate.

Paperclip
8/23/2006, 02:08 PM
It wasn't a female with her at the 7-11! Her security was definitely male.

Geez. Mary stops for a Big Gulp and a Chick-o-stick and you act like it's the Watergate break-in.

PhilTLL
8/23/2006, 02:16 PM
What made Cornett such a superior choice, anyway? Was it the commercials where he promised to install more absurd social-authoritarian legislation like marriage exclusivity and flag protection? ("it's just common sense to me!") He was closer to being a legitimate conservative when he was hands-off of the library books, IMO. Was it the eschewing of the job for which he had just gotten reelected? The mayor's office may not be as important here as in Tulsa, but he was pretty transparent in his intentions for the past 2 years now.

Had I voted in the run-off (I'm registered I), Fallin's ONLY good selling point to me would have been her vague but promising fiscal conservative message.

Ike
8/23/2006, 02:17 PM
Fallin will vote how party bosses want her to vote and all will be happy. Hooray.

I've heard this stated a number of times, and to be honest, except for a select few, this seems to be the norm with the people Oklahoma sends to congress...

so why do we need to elect people that have to be paid on the taxpayers dime? Why not we just send a robot instead. A robot that doesn't need food or housing or have a family to support. We might be better off.

StoopTroup
8/23/2006, 02:18 PM
Geez. Mary stops for a Big Gulp and a Chick-o-stick and you act like it's the Watergate break-in.
Maybe it was a pack of trojans? :D :pop:

Rhino
8/23/2006, 02:20 PM
Geez. Mary stops for a Big Gulp and a Chick-o-stick and you act like it's the Watergate break-in. One such encounter was caught on audio. (http://www.moviewavs.com/0085934086/MP3S/Movies/Dumb_And_Dumber/big_gulps.mp3)

PhilTLL
8/23/2006, 02:22 PM
One such encounter was caught on audio. (http://www.moviewavs.com/0085934086/MP3S/Movies/Dumb_And_Dumber/big_gulps.mp3)

YMSSRA. To the max.

Jimminy Crimson
8/23/2006, 02:57 PM
Congrats to our new Congresswoman.

2nd in Oklahoma history.

Pricetag
8/23/2006, 03:06 PM
Well, to be fair, I think it was big gulps and chick-o-sticks that got her in trouble in the first place, wasn't it? :D

C&CDean
8/23/2006, 03:20 PM
Look at Rhino. He was falling all over himself bashing the Clinton bashers - and now he's on the other side of the aisle where I guess it's not OK to **** around outside your marriage. Meh. And don't give me the whole faithy thing either. Clinton did plenty of that bull**** too - showing up at church with Hillary and the ugly child right after copping some WH head. Like I said, meh.

I guess nobody saw the debate between Mary and Mick. Personally, I'd choose Mick, but he was one waffling SOB. The one that got me was when the mediator said "OK, in ******, who do you pull for?" Mary very quickly said "well OU of course!" Mick goes "well, I've learned that being in politics in this state, and being a sportscaster and all I just have to say I'm neutral - again, in politics, you really can't choose sides."

And all you liberals out there bashing her - let's see, have any of you ever been through a divorce? After the papers were served, and you knew it was gonna go down, you didn't go **** around? No? Liar.

frankensooner
8/23/2006, 03:42 PM
Sorry Dean, I am in the Inhofe camp, no gays, no divorces...;)

jdsooner
8/23/2006, 04:06 PM

Heh. Big Gulp. :pop: Chick-o-Stick. ;) Heh-heh.
Oh yeah, she had a "Trooper Booster" decal on her car.;)

Rhino
8/23/2006, 04:28 PM
Look at Rhino. He was falling all over himself bashing the Clinton bashers - and now he's on the other side of the aisle where I guess it's not OK to **** around outside your marriage. Meh. And don't give me the whole faithy thing either. Clinton did plenty of that bull**** too - showing up at church with Hillary and the ugly child right after copping some WH head. Like I said, meh. I've never said it's okay to **** around outside your marriage. And I've never defended Clinton's escapades. Hell, I was barely legal to vote when Clinton's BJ went down. It is what it is. In the political realm, it isn't as bad as, say, snorting cocaine or punching a police officer or getting a DUI, but it's far from good.

I don't think it's a ticket to non-electedville though, obviously. But picking between sorta-bad career politician who's done squat for 12 years and a too-nice former sports broadcaster isn't very enticing. You have to find something to help you decide who to vote for when both politicos are running on non-issues like flag burning and freedom.
Is flag burning something that's critical to our nation's welfare? Who is actually for burning the flag? I understand it's an issue of freedom of expression, but who says, "You know what? I'm for burning the flag! I say we take some flags out into the street and burn that ****! Who's with me? Huh? Grab some ****in' lighter fluid and let's go!" But, every politico avoids real issues while pressing non-issues, so I'll let this go.

Luckily, Fallin's head-bobbing whilst promoting family sealed the deal in my mind. And the fact that I knew and worked in the same corridor while Cornett was at OU and knew him to be a stand-up guy.

KaiserSooner
8/23/2006, 04:32 PM
What made Cornett such a superior choice, anyway?

I don't know about superior, but at least Cornett can hang his hat on being a competent and rational mayor. And what can Mary Fallin claim? Likely nothing, as her empty (and only) line of "faith, family, and freedom" shows.

This'll surprise no one, but I was really turned off by Cornett's campaign touting, as loudly as possible, his social authoritarian values. If he had just run as the competent and rational mayor he was/is, he might have won a few more votes.

KaiserSooner
8/23/2006, 04:38 PM
And all you liberals out there bashing her - let's see, have any of you ever been through a divorce? After the papers were served, and you knew it was gonna go down, you didn't go **** around? No? Liar.

Yeah, you missed the point that the problem some have with Fallin isn't the fact that she banged a trooper while getting a divorce. It's that she's sanctimoniously advertising her faith and family credentials, which would be just as legitimate as Bill Clinton trying to convince the country of his pro-monogamy credentials.

Paperclip
8/23/2006, 04:58 PM
Allegedly banged a trooper.

PhilTLL
8/23/2006, 05:06 PM
I don't know about superior, but at least Cornett can hang his hat on being a competent and rational mayor.

Considering OKC's council-manager format, though, I can't put any more stock in his performance at a near-irrelevant job than I can Mary Fallin's at the same. :)

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2006, 06:26 PM
the sad thing about modern politics is that the mainstream media plays a large part in who gets elected, and even more sadly is that aesthetics play a big role in "electability"

C&CDean
8/23/2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah, you missed the point that the problem some have with Fallin isn't the fact that she banged a trooper while getting a divorce. It's that she's sanctimoniously advertising her faith and family credentials, which would be just as legitimate as Bill Clinton trying to convince the country of his pro-monogamy credentials.

Clinton DID get him some head. And then wagged his finger and lied to us.

Fallin is ACCUSED of knobbing some trooper.

I know it's hard for you, but there is a difference.

PhilTLL
8/23/2006, 07:50 PM
Clinton DID get him some head. And then wagged his finger and lied to us. Fallin is ACCUSED of knobbing some trooper. I know it's hard for you, but there is a difference.

But, once again, the act of having the affair isn't the irritating thing, it's the (probable, since she's just ACCUSED) bullcrap it throws on her current facade of faith-and-family. Clinton couldn't manage to admit to the act in court, but at least months/years afterwards didn't claim to be Upstanding Guy in Chief.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2006, 09:20 PM
If you 5th District Republicans would have voted for Dr. Johnny Roy, none of this discussion would be occurring.

Paperclip
8/23/2006, 09:32 PM
If you 5th District Republicans would have voted for Dr. Johnny Roy, none of this discussion would be occurring.

I guess they didn't feel they deserved "a doctor in the House". :rolleyes:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2006, 09:33 PM
Why the :rolleyes: ? Political newcomers rarely have a chance. Too bad.

sooneron
8/23/2006, 09:34 PM
I love it when the far right buys the crap of someone that peddles the **** they love to eat. faith family, etc. Some people will buy anything.
The thumpers in this country are a laughing stock, no more than the democrat catholics that work mill jobs thinking that Kerry will lead them to the promised land. Both, sad little pathetic pawns.

SicEmBaylor
8/23/2006, 09:35 PM
My only personal contact with Mary Fallin was a couple of years ago at a candidate's school in OKC. I didn't think too much of her previous to that experiance, and I definitely didn't think much of her after that experiance.

Paperclip
8/23/2006, 09:36 PM
Why the :rolleyes: ? Political newcomers rarely have a chance. Too bad.

It was for that slogan he went with. I just thought it was dumb. Although I did remember it so maybe it accomplished its goal.

sooneron
8/23/2006, 09:36 PM
Oh, she's impressive all right.

SicEmBaylor
8/23/2006, 09:38 PM
I love it when the far right buys the crap of someone that peddles the **** they love to eat. faith family, etc. Some people will buy anything.
The thumpers in this country are a laughing stock, no more than the democrat catholics that work mill jobs thinking that Kerry will lead them to the promised land. Both, sad little pathetic pawns.

That is precisely why I have become so damned disillusioned with the Republican Party. Every Republican candidate stress family and faith; it has become meaningless to me. The first time in my life that I made it onto the senior staff of a campaign was with a GOP candidate who stressed faith and family and it turns out he was dating a girl at Baylor my age at the time.

Besides, strong evangelical christian values are not conducive to limited government so everytime I hear a GOP candidate stressing the need to bring morality back to government then I vote the other way.

sooneron
8/23/2006, 09:40 PM
That is precisely why I have become so damned disillusioned with the Republican Party. Every Republican candidate stress family and faith; it has become meaningless to me. The first time in my life that I made it onto the senior staff of a campaign was with a GOP candidate who stressed faith and family and it turns out he was dating a girl at Baylor my age at the time.

Besides, strong evangelical christian values are not conducive to limited government so everytime I hear a GOP candidate stressing the need to bring morality back to government then I vote the other way.
Kid, we may be from diff sides of the aisle, but I like the way you think.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/23/2006, 09:57 PM
Personally, I hate all politicians not named Feingold, McCain, Guiliani, or Coburn(who is bat **** crazy but fun)

SicEmBaylor
8/23/2006, 10:04 PM
You like Feingold and Coburn?
On a personal or political level???

sooneron
8/23/2006, 10:08 PM
Wasn't Coburn the guy that said girls were becoming lesbians in the bathroooms in Ok???

I used to like Rudy, until he cast himself as W's lapdog(pitbull) for the GOP convention. For me, it was too obvious as to what he was doing - auditioning.

BTW- I worked on his failed Sen campaign for 00

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/23/2006, 10:15 PM
I don't know why I have like Feingold, but he is always seemed like a "this is me and deal with it" type. Coburn is the same way. Coburn is the closest thing to true Republican right now that we got...basically less spending or at least he has always seemed that way to me. I also forgot Tim Emmrich, he is a pretty awesome guy(not really up on him politically) but has always been really great to me.

Jimminy Crimson
8/24/2006, 01:04 AM
It was for that slogan he went with. I just thought it was dumb. Although I did remember it so maybe it accomplished its goal.

Faith, Family & Freedom 'worked' and isn't what I would call better. ;)

I'm a fan of Fallin & Roy, though, so I might be biased. :pop:

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2006, 01:18 AM
My support for cloning only goes as far as the desire to duplicate Coburn and send one into every congressional district in the US.

Jimminy Crimson
8/24/2006, 01:30 AM
My support for cloning only goes as far as the desire to duplicate Coburn and send one into every congressional district in the US.

Well too bad you couldn't have voted for Calvey, because he was "going to be the Tom Coburn of the U.S. House!" :D

KaiserSooner
8/24/2006, 08:40 AM
the sad thing about modern politics is that the mainstream media plays a large part in who gets elected, and even more sadly is that aesthetics play a big role in "electability"

I agree

KaiserSooner
8/24/2006, 08:44 AM
Clinton DID get him some head. And then wagged his finger and lied to us.

Fallin is ACCUSED of knobbing some trooper.

I know it's hard for you, but there is a difference.

Hmm. Either you're trying to change the subject or you forgot to take your ritalin.

But, once again, the act of having the affair isn't the irritating thing, it's the (probable, since she's just ACCUSED) bullcrap it throws on her current facade of faith-and-family. Clinton couldn't manage to admit to the act in court, but at least months/years afterwards didn't claim to be Upstanding Guy in Chief.

Thank you.