PDA

View Full Version : A reason why AD shouldn't stay at OU for his senior season?

Readyfor8
8/23/2006, 12:55 AM
Hmm, this was a thought I had. If AD stays at OU for his senior season he will have played under 4 different starting QB's. Two of which could be freshmen. That isn't exactly condusive to his best interest IMO.

Granted one of these QB's was a previous year Heisman Winner, but how can team chemistry flourish when the leader of the offense has changed so often. Just a negative thought I had to purge...

badger
8/23/2006, 12:58 AM
Hmm, this was a thought I had. If AD stays at OU for his senior season he will have played under 4 different starting QB's. Two of which could be freshmen. That isn't exactly condusive to his best interest IMO.

Granted one of these QB's was a previous year Heisman Winner, but how can team chemistry flourish when the leader of the offense has changed so often. Just a negative thought I had to purge...

there's always the chance that some juco will give us another Heupel (crosses fingers)

Desert Sapper
8/23/2006, 01:01 AM
I'm hoping that JH is up to his potential by then and ready to take the reigns. All indications are that he has much upside. He just needs some time in the system.

okienole3
8/23/2006, 01:05 AM
Barring injury there is absolutely no reason that AD should stay for his senior year.

Desert Sapper
8/23/2006, 01:14 AM
Barring injury there is absolutely no reason that AD should stay for his senior year.

Except maybe to play Miami, to break every collegiate rushing record, and to play another college season that his father can be in the stands for. If he has personal reasons for it, I'm all about him sticking around. I certainly wouldn't mind watching him in Crimson and Cream for another season.

BlackShirtBeast
8/23/2006, 01:25 AM
Mooooneeeeey! is the only reason.

Octavian
8/23/2006, 01:32 AM
I can think of several million of 'em...

BermudaSooner
8/23/2006, 06:47 AM
If he were to get hurt and finish 5 yards behind Billy?

If we lose in the BCS Championship game and he feels he has unfinished business?

The only reasons I can think of are bad ones.

OUMallen
8/23/2006, 08:21 AM
Except maybe to play Miami, to break every collegiate rushing record, and to play another college season that his father can be in the stands for. If he has personal reasons for it, I'm all about him sticking around. I certainly wouldn't mind watching him in Crimson and Cream for another season.

He's not in perfect shape to break every collegiate rushing record, and his dad can watch him in an NFL stadium where at least they'll serve him some beer. Skipping a year's worth of earning potential in the NFL is really, really dumb.

KC//CRIMSON
8/23/2006, 08:31 AM
Willis McGahee.

soonerjoker
8/23/2006, 09:01 AM
Mallon

good point !!!