PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions On Good XBox Games?

SoonerBorn68
8/23/2006, 12:25 AM
When I was home last time I picked up a used XBox with the full intention of turning it into a self contained entertainment system. ;) I've got several games, but it seems the only game that will keep my interest is NCAA Football '06 & Sid Meier's Pirates. I'm really not into the first person shooters & like adventure, strategy, war, & sports games. Any suggestions?

Ardmore_Sooner
8/23/2006, 12:48 AM
The game looked absolutely stupid on TV, but I downloaded the demo off of Xbox live and Dead Rising is quite possibly on of the funniest games I have ever played. If you aren't offended by blood and destruction, it's a must play.

StoopTroup
8/23/2006, 12:50 AM
Playstation 2 RAWKS!

Xbox is OK...but PS2 still has better games IMO.

Frozen Sooner
8/23/2006, 12:59 AM
The game looked absolutely stupid on TV, but I downloaded the demo off of Xbox live and Dead Rising is quite possibly on of the funniest games I have ever played. If you aren't offended by blood and destruction, it's a must play.

Dead rising is amazing, but I'm pretty sure it's only available for 360 and I think he's got a regular XBox.

yermom
8/23/2006, 01:41 AM
the Colin McRae Rally game was OK, i'm not sure what version is out now though

SoonerBorn68
8/23/2006, 02:26 AM
I think he's got a regular XBox.

Yessir. I just couldn't shell out $400 for a video game system...yet.

I've got big plans for this one as soon as I get back home.

Thanks for the input so far guys. I'm inputting rosters into the NCAA '06 as of the moment.

Norm In Norman
8/23/2006, 07:21 AM
I hear Lego Starwars is fun.

yermom
8/23/2006, 09:43 AM
yeah, i've heard that as well

mxATVracer10
8/23/2006, 10:56 AM
is it modded yet? If not, thats the first thing you should do, then all the games are free.... Well, at least thats what I hear :pop:

I_SMELL_FEAR
8/23/2006, 11:52 AM
If you like sports games, the EA sports NCAA baseball 06 is one of the best baseball games I have played.

I_SMELL_FEAR
8/23/2006, 11:53 AM
tinging bat comment in 3....2.....1.....

Norm In Norman
8/23/2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah, mod your xbox then download emulators like fce(NES) or mame (arcade). Then you can download all kinds of games (illegally, unless you own the roms, which of course I own all the roms I've downloaded).

Of course you would want to use XBMC for your dashboard after you mod your xbox. But that's another story.

GottaHavePride
8/23/2006, 06:30 PM
When I was home last time I picked up a used XBox with the full intention of turning it into a self contained entertainment system. ;) I've got several games, but it seems the only game that will keep my interest is NCAA Football '06 & Sid Meier's Pirates. I'm really not into the first person shooters & like adventure, strategy, war, & sports games. Any suggestions?
Jade Empire - RPG with real-time fighting. Freaking awesome game. Think "RPG meets Ninja Gaiden".

Fable - RPG: I don't have this one, but I've heard very good things.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - RPG: same story: I've heard it's freaking unbelievably good.

Tiger Woods Golf.

And why do you hate Halo? ;)

Geekboy
8/23/2006, 06:38 PM
ESPN NFL 2K5 is the best video football game ever made and I don't like pro ball.

SoonerStud615
8/23/2006, 08:13 PM
Forza motorsport...if you like racing games.

Amped 2 is also fun (snowboarding).