PDA

View Full Version : It's all coming together.....

CtheB
8/22/2006, 04:24 PM
.....we really couldn't ask for much more over the last two weeks. We're starting to find a proven commodity at TE, the Oline, although young, appears to be set by position and fairly healthy (please no jinxes), we're starting to hear of some new wrinkles to use, we've closed practices, we appear to be set in what we are going to do offensively AND we're actually repping it (hence the closed practices), we've got competition from young players at some already deep positions like DL and DE, we've apparently found us a punter, and finally (after nearly three years) we've found a SS that comes up and knocks your clock onto the other side of Tokyo.

This tells me we are already miles ahead of last year. We still have questions, but we've also gotten some answers.

I'd hate to go on record here, and risk potential flaming, but I am beginning to think this Sooner team may not be as far away as the rest of the country may think they are.

So, who's up for Sept 2?

4everasooner
8/22/2006, 04:40 PM
Yeh baby; you got me on fire now! Ok just alittle excited, can't wait can't wait can't wait any longer, must have football.

fadada1
8/22/2006, 04:42 PM
I'd hate to go on record here, and risk potential flaming, but I am beginning to think this Sooner team may not be as far away as the rest of the country may think they are.

the "rest of the country" is a bunch of window lickers.

imasoonergirl
8/22/2006, 04:49 PM
Thank God I have found this site people that are actually smart enough to know the season isn't gone just because of Bomar.

BOOMER>>>>>>>>>SOONER BABY

fadada1
8/22/2006, 04:57 PM
Thank God I have found this site people that are actually smart enough to know the season isn't gone just because of Bomar.

BOOMER>>>>>>>>>SOONER BABY
welcome home, darlin'.

lubbocksooner
8/22/2006, 05:33 PM
So, who's up for Sept 2?

Dang right I am up for it. Even changed my part time work this year so it would not interfer with my Sat. off. Just have a couple more things to put in place and I will BE at the OU vs. Washington game.

Stitch Face
8/22/2006, 05:35 PM
.....we really couldn't ask for much more over the last two weeks. We're starting to find a proven commodity at TE, the Oline, although young, appears to be set by position and fairly healthy (please no jinxes), we're starting to hear of some new wrinkles to use, we've closed practices, we appear to be set in what we are going to do offensively AND we're actually repping it (hence the closed practices), we've got competition from young players at some already deep positions like DL and DE, we've apparently found us a punter, and finally (after nearly three years) we've found a SS that comes up and knocks your clock onto the other side of Tokyo.

And we're, like, totally liftin' weights.

Rogue
8/22/2006, 07:11 PM
Solid.

douxpaysan
8/22/2006, 07:28 PM
And we're, like, totally liftin' weights.
http://home.indy.rr.com/mcurley/mattemotes/sarcasm.jpg

AlbqSooner
8/22/2006, 07:37 PM
I have been a Sooner fan since the early part of the 47 game win streak. I have seen many times when the Sooners have been faced with adversity. In the far and away majority of those instances they have, like champions, risen to the challenge and delivered.

I fully expect a lot of sportswriters across the nation will be shown, YET AGAIN, to be wrong in their prognostications come December. The Sooner season is not over as a result of the adversity which has arisen in recent weeks. The Sooner season begins on September 2. Ya Gotta Believe.

BOOMER SOONER!

SouthFortySooner
8/22/2006, 09:34 PM
I'm foamin at the mouth!

Sco
8/22/2006, 09:54 PM
Can't wait to prove everyone wrong this year and come out on top.

ultimatesooner1
8/22/2006, 11:38 PM
11 days

Desert Sapper
8/23/2006, 12:59 AM
So, you mean, we won't 'just be lucky' to finish 2nd in the Big XII south this year? There went my plans for a pity party later on.

imasoonergirl
9/11/2006, 12:02 PM
I love that I'm from the great state of Oklahoma where people actually know football. And for the Team so many love and don't bail on if something goes wrong. Love Stoops and Love the Sooners can't go wrong there.