PDA

View Full Version : I'm already sick of..............

SOONER44EVER
8/21/2006, 09:55 PM
...............the Reggie Bush hype. He has 4 carries for 7 yards and the ESPN guys can't shut up about how great he is. Geez!

Paperclip
8/21/2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. Shameless.

SOONER44EVER
8/21/2006, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too. Shameless.
They talked more about him than any other player or the Cowboys easy win.

Soonerus
8/21/2006, 10:08 PM
Bush = average NFL player...

goingoneight
8/21/2006, 10:08 PM
I didn't see it! :mad: Did Roy get to pwn him???

Soonerus
8/21/2006, 10:09 PM
I am not sure Roy played....

Desert Sapper
8/21/2006, 10:10 PM
He looked good, but they didn't get him the ball enough. The Cowboys' receivers really stood out. Who are those guys? Terry Glenn is the only name I know.

Paperclip
8/21/2006, 10:20 PM
They talked more about him than any other player or the Cowboys easy win.

Apparently Bush's best play tonight was getting Hello Newman to leave Joe Horn for an easy catch. I'm fine giving a guy credit when he's actually done something. He had 7 yards tonight, like you said, in a preseason game. Why is that impressive?

sanantoniosooner
8/21/2006, 10:26 PM
We can only hope that nobody hypes AD.

Snrfn4ever08
8/21/2006, 10:42 PM
We can only hope that nobody hypes AD.
don't worry, they won't. he's not from usc or notre dame:rolleyes:

AzianSooner
8/21/2006, 10:52 PM
I saw number 31 of cowboy's defense roaming around making sure that Bushy guy can't get pass .... 5 yards run.

DarrellZero
8/21/2006, 10:55 PM
Based on the apparent lack of talent surrounding him, I'd say Reggie's in for a long year.

olevetonahill
8/21/2006, 11:04 PM
I'm glad i'm not the only one . He did have 1 run for 9 yds tho but he lost years also so his net was 7 . and 14 on 2 catches . How do i know this ? you say .Thf****in announcer's kept repeating it continuously

Desert Sapper
8/21/2006, 11:51 PM
don't worry, they won't. he's not from usc or notre dame:rolleyes:

I guess you missed the whole ESPN feature with the comic book characters? AD was a prominent feature.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview06/index#

Scotty
8/22/2006, 12:24 AM
He looked good, but they didn't get him the ball enough. The Cowboys' receivers really stood out. Who are those guys? Terry Glenn is the only name I know.

I believe Glenn and Owens are the only established recievers on the roster. The others are relatively unheard of.

StoopTroup
8/22/2006, 12:31 AM
I guess you missed the whole ESPN feature with the comic book characters? AD was a prominent feature.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview06/index#
X and O men.

The Beast...lol

Sooner in the Bluegrass
8/22/2006, 04:01 AM
What annoyed the ever-loving [expletive] out of me was that while they showed just about every single one of Bush's touches, and certainly "oohed" and "ahhed" over all two of the cuts he made to make guys miss and pick up a whopping three or four more yards, they completely neglected to show the play where Bush cut a run outside and got stopped cold by Demarcus Ware. Bush wasn't really flattened or anything, but all the talk about making guys miss would have you believe that the only thing that could stop him was if half the Dallas defense was keying on him . . . but they neglected to mention the way Mr. All-Hype MVP failed to get past JUST ONE FRICKIN' GUY.

Desert Sapper
8/22/2006, 05:53 AM
In his defense, Demarcus Ware has hands like a machine-press. He got juked by Bush, but reached back and grabbed him. The Dallas D is going to be pretty good this year. If nothing else, that game should have shown that. That and the Dallas passing game looks pretty solid.

sanantoniosooner
8/22/2006, 07:32 AM
It was a stinking preseason game.

Were there OTHER highlights?

Why does everyone say how stupid ESPN is and then worry about everything they do?

instigator
8/22/2006, 07:54 AM
The only highlights were by Terry glenn with those tow catches (one for the TD) and the TD catch by Herd. Those were nice plays.

The Bush hype felt like watching an OU game at Owen Field. When AD gets the ball, we all hold our breath thinking, "Could this be the big one?" The difference, Bush hasn't done it at this level yet. I would love to see him be completely average. He clearly is fast and will make plenty of plays, but even the 9 yard run showed the difference between college and the NFL. When they (can't remember which cowboy) tackeled him from behind. That wouldn't have happened in college. The play with Demarcus Ware was terrific. They way he grabbed him and through him down shaking his head to tell him, "Not at this level". Loved it.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/22/2006, 09:03 AM
I'll take bets right now on Bush being an average player. You may not like him because he played for suc, but he's going to be a real good NFL player. In case you haven't noticed, ESPN is all about hype. There's certainly not much else to hype on this Aints team.

What I didn't get was the man love Theisman has going for Bledsoe. I could have made those throws to those wide open receivers.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/22/2006, 09:14 AM
The Bush hype will stop as soon as he is convicted of rape or arson. Otherwise, you'd be best not to watch TV for the next ten years.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/22/2006, 09:16 AM
I'll take bets right now on Bush being an average player. You may not like him because he played for suc, but he's going to be a real good NFL player. In case you haven't noticed, ESPN is all about hype. There's certainly not much else to hype on this Aints team.

What I didn't get was the man love Theisman has going for Bledsoe. I could have made those throws to those wide open receivers.

Dude. Bledsoe was threading the needle. I couldn't believe how accurate he was last night. Of course that catch by Glenn was freakish...ok 2 catches.

SOONER44EVER
8/22/2006, 09:20 AM
Bush will be a good NFL player but he won't be anything like he was in college. He never really did much against the good teams with fast defenses in college. In the NFL all the defenses are fast.

sanantoniosooner
8/22/2006, 11:05 AM
Bush is a freak.

Anyone saying otherwise is just a hater.

SOONER44EVER
8/22/2006, 11:15 AM
Bush is a freak.

Or maybe just being realistic. :D

Soonermagik
8/22/2006, 11:19 AM
Bush is a freak.

Amen!! I think he's arrogant, but he's going to be a stud in the NFL!! He's got Barry Sanders type moves, plus he can catch the ball. The key to Reggie having success is to do swing passes, so he can catch the ball in open space. :)

soonerinabilene
8/22/2006, 11:41 AM
i know it was just preseason, and the saints d is pretty thin, but did anybody else have a thought similar to this go through their head last night-" did the cowboys really need to sign t.o?"
they seemed to have great chemistry going with him not in the stadium. its a shame. i've been a cowboys fan my whole life, but i will not root for them when t.o. is wearing a star. i think they could do it without him this year.

colleyvillesooner
8/22/2006, 11:48 AM
What annoyed the ever-loving [expletive] out of me was that while they showed just about every single one of Bush's touches, and certainly "oohed" and "ahhed" over all two of the cuts he made to make guys miss and pick up a whopping three or four more yards, they completely neglected to show the play where Bush cut a run outside and got stopped cold by Demarcus Ware. Bush wasn't really flattened or anything, but all the talk about making guys miss would have you believe that the only thing that could stop him was if half the Dallas defense was keying on him . . . but they neglected to mention the way Mr. All-Hype MVP failed to get past JUST ONE FRICKIN' GUY.

The actually replayed that play right after it happened and commented on how good it was, and Theisman even liked how Demarcus shook his head as if saying "not against me, boy. THat may have worked in college."

It was also shown on sportscenter.

tulsaoilerfan
8/22/2006, 12:10 PM
What also annoyed me was the endless TO chatter by ESPN'S talking heads; the media won't let this story die

tulsaoilerfan
8/22/2006, 12:10 PM
And, on SportsCenter this morning, they talked about what a factor Bush was even when he didn't get the ball; did they watch the same game i did?The Saints offense did nothing all night

GDC
8/22/2006, 12:34 PM
...............the Reggie Bush hype. He has 4 carries for 7 yards and the ESPN guys can't shut up about how great he is. Geez!

The easiest way to solve this problem is don't watch ESPN.

Readyfor8
8/22/2006, 01:04 PM
It was a stinking preseason game.

Were there OTHER highlights?

Why does everyone say how stupid ESPN is and then worry about everything they do?

Stop making sense. I still can't figure out why they are saying Bush gets too much attention and then devote an entire thread and discussion to him.

This guy gets too much attention
I know!!! lets talk about it for 20 minutes

SOONER44EVER
8/22/2006, 01:14 PM
The easiest way to solve this problem is don't watch ESPN.
I kinda like watching the Cowboys. I didn't have much choice since the game was on espn.

Dallas
8/22/2006, 05:42 PM
I kinda like watching the Cowboys. I didn't have much choice since the game was on espn.

The Saints only got points when our backup QB fumbled the ball to them. Bush was a non-factor. I dont care what the ESPN mediots want you to think. He did not do S%^& against the Cowboys D. He played the whole half and his longest was 9 yrds.

BTW:

For the person who was curious about the Dallas WR's - Terry Glenn was the only normal starter playing lastnight. The rest were just good fodder. Cowboys will probably keep Hurd and Rector and Copper - Copper is great at ST - hard to see Parcells keeping him for ST only. He might need to step it up some more. Miles will probably be sent to the PS.

Sam Hurd (rookie - being tutored by Mr. Owens)
Jamaica Rector
Terrence Copper
Autin Miles (rookie) I think on that last big bomb TD from Romo
~~~By the way, that was called a "smoke" route. When Romo saw the corner bite, he gave a pump and Miles converted the out to a fly pattern. SCORE -

I love my Cowboys to.

soonerjoker
8/23/2006, 09:06 AM
44EVER

use mute button.