PDA

View Full Version : easiest way to set up a web browser for my dad...

OUAndy1807
8/21/2006, 09:52 PM
My dad's retiring, and he wants to use the time to keep up more with current events and sooner sports. This weekend I'm going to go set him up on a bunch of sooner websites, news websites, etc...

My question is, how would you guys do this. I guess I could go the IE route and just bookmark the pages, or I could set up tabs in firefox. How do you guys manage the websites/blogs that you check daily?

OCUDad
8/21/2006, 10:18 PM
In either IE Favorites (Links folder) or Firefox Bookmarks (Bookmarks Toolbar folder), you can set up some number of his favorite sites so they appear in the Bookmarks toolbar (Firefox) or Links toolbar (IE) at the top of his browser page. If you rename the links with abbreviations that Dad can easily recognize, you can stuff a bunch of them right in the toolbar and all he has to do is click on whatever link he wants.

If there are too many links to fit on the toolbar, they extend to the right of the toolbar with a >> symbol Dad can click to get to them. At least he doesn't have to go to the Favorites or Bookmarks menu and scroll down.

critical_phil
8/21/2006, 10:18 PM
personalized google might be good.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4688/googlebu5.jpg

sanantoniosooner
8/21/2006, 10:30 PM
Firefox with all of the best sights on the bookmark toolbar.