PDA

View Full Version : Being sober all of the time really sucks

Penguin
8/20/2006, 08:03 PM
I've been stone cold sober for 2 weeks now. No real reason, I guess. I just think I shouldn't be a heavy drinker for the rest of my life. Thankfully, after a decade of heavy drinking, my liver is still completely functional.

I guess the only good thing about not drinking is waking up in the morning and feeling good.

So, anyways, what do you non-drinkers do to pass the time? Take up gardening?

Man, life is boring. Tossing back a six pack would really make this dead evening go by quick.

sanantoniosooner
8/20/2006, 08:06 PM
I'd suggest acting like a prick on the internet.........but you've already nailed that one.

BoogercountySooner
8/20/2006, 08:37 PM
Good Decision Penguin!

I spend a lot of time on Soonerfans encouraging people that are alot worse off than me to pass the time!! ;)

Vaevictis
8/20/2006, 09:08 PM

School. Work. Video games. Wife.

(in no particular order)

SoonerSid
8/20/2006, 09:24 PM
I've been sober now for 16 years.. At first its tuff, but after awhile things get better. Best part about waking up in the morning and feeling good is having money in your pocket!!! Cause you didnt go spend it on booze..

Al Gore
8/20/2006, 09:32 PM
I've been stone cold sober for 2 weeks now. No real reason, I guess. I just think I shouldn't be a heavy drinker for the rest of my life. Thankfully, after a decade of heavy drinking, my liver is still completely functional.

I guess the only good thing about not drinking is waking up in the morning and feeling good.

Man, life is boring. Tossing back a six pack would really make this dead evening go by quick.Let's see.....Do activities with the kids, sex with Mrs, workout at the gym, sex with Mrs, run a company, sex with Mrs, travel with the family, sex with Mrs, spend money on things other than booze......BTW....I might have a few twice a year.....

StoopTroup
8/20/2006, 09:37 PM
I just actually had to sew.

My Daughter's favorite School Dress had a seam come loose.

I'm glad that's over...

mildpussy
8/20/2006, 09:50 PM
rent a movie - try blazing saddles - it seems apropros

[Jim downs a bottle of whiskey in one long guzzle]
Bart: A man drink like that and he don't eat, he is going to DIE.
Jim: When?

Bart: You be my guest, and I be your host. What be your pleasure, Jim?
Jim: I don't know... play chess... screw...
Bart: [quickly] Let's play chess.

slickdawg
8/20/2006, 09:52 PM
Good for you Penguin!!!

Czar Soonerov
8/20/2006, 09:59 PM
Do they make non-alcoholic bourbon?

Penguin
8/20/2006, 10:36 PM
Best part about waking up in the morning and feeling good is having money in your pocket!!! Cause you didnt go spend it on booze..

Good point. That will definitely be a plus. :D

Frozen Sooner
8/20/2006, 10:38 PM
Hey, congratulations Penguin. Good for you!